The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 28 September 2020, 06:07 AM   #1
TooWoundUp
"TRF" Member

Watch: Out
THoughts on the 5402SA?

I was wondering if any of you own/owned a 5402SA and have any tips on what to look out for. Its a watch I've wanted for a while as I just love the 2 tone. I know polishing is one major thing but other than that are there other quirks with this reference or 5402s in general that I ought to keep in mind?
TooWoundUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 September 2020, 12:27 PM   #2
maciej
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooWoundUp View Post
I was wondering if any of you own/owned a 5402SA and have any tips on what to look out for. Its a watch I've wanted for a while as I just love the 2 tone. I know polishing is one major thing but other than that are there other quirks with this reference or 5402s in general that I ought to keep in mind?
The dial, crown, band, deployant, hands, lume, movement, and a few other things.
maciej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 September 2020, 10:31 PM   #3
TooWoundUp
"TRF" Member

Watch: Out
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciej View Post
The dial, crown, band, deployant, hands, lume, movement, and a few other things.
haha yes basically the whole watch, but I was talking about specific details. Like looking out for a service vs original crown (I believe original crowns are blank as opposed to the service ones that have the AP logo on them. Are there specific things like that that I need to be aware of?
TooWoundUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 October 2020, 04:15 PM   #4
cryptokunt
"TRF" Member

Yes pls

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
cryptokunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 October 2020, 10:03 PM   #5
maciej
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooWoundUp View Post
haha yes basically the whole watch, but I was talking about specific details. Like looking out for a service vs original crown (I believe original crowns are blank as opposed to the service ones that have the AP logo on them. Are there specific things like that that I need to be aware of?
Those are the specific details, due to its age those are the things you need to pay attention to, but there's a considerable amount of nuance associated with each of the components that you need to take into account. If you find a specific piece then you should post it here and I'm sure all of us would help you out in terms of pointing out things.
maciej is offline   Reply With Quote