The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 17 March 2024, 03:05 AM   #1
watchwrist
"TRF" Member

15510OR Rg bracelet _ market update

If anyone can guide me or have any firm indications if the coveted and sought after blue face royal oak in rose gold is also slowly coming near to retail price ? The current premium is about 30 pct on retail will this also see reduction in coming months and as luxury watch crisis deepens will this be allocated at boutiques to more clients. Any feedback or info will be highly appreciated. I’m sure there are serious collectors here so if they can share the waiting period at the AP boutiques for delivery for the high profile clients. Thank you in advance
Attached Images
File Type: png IMG_2312.png (172.9 KB, 396 views)
watchwrist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 March 2024, 08:12 AM   #2
watchwrist
"TRF" Member

Anyone please can help ??
watchwrist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 March 2024, 09:26 AM   #3
VogelPhoenix
"TRF" Member

Swiss watch exports were at a historical high in 2023, up 7.6% compared to 2022. The "luxury watch crisis" is mostly confined to people who mistook mass produced watches for sure-fire investments.

Waiting time for the RG blue dial RO can vary from minimal to forever, depending on location and client profile. No-one can give you a helpful estimate w/o further info.
AP 15500ST Grey // 26237ST Beast // 26331ST Panda // 15450ST Blue // 77350CE Bucci // 26240CE 50th // 15407ST || Rolex 116520 White // 116710 BLNR // 126200 Blue || Omega Seamaster NTTD // Speedy Tokyo LE "Rising Sun" // Speedy cal. 321 "Ed White"
A timeless classic - Winding, ticking, faithful time - Golden crown of trust
VogelPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 March 2024, 03:39 PM   #4
iEric
"TRF" Member

Not sure about time frame but from what I’ve heard the RG on strap is a much easier allocation than the full RG bracelet. However, they can also sell you the RG bracelet for I think ~35k after tax. Doing the math you end up paying about 10k more but you’ll still have the leather strap and RG buckle, all from AP boutique/house vs grey.
iEric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 March 2024, 05:24 PM   #5
iten
"TRF" Member

Is it true that a precious metal RO (strap or bracelet) is more difficult to obtain from a boutique than a stainless steel RO due to a smaller production volume? I always thought steel was more difficult due to higher demand.

When I was offered my first steel RO, I said I might consider skipping it for a rose gold strap, and my SA told me it would take longer.
iten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 March 2024, 07:09 PM   #6
Octagon Guy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iten View Post
Is it true that a precious metal RO (strap or bracelet) is more difficult to obtain from a boutique than a stainless steel RO due to a smaller production volume? I always thought steel was more difficult due to higher demand.

When I was offered my first steel RO, I said I might consider skipping it for a rose gold strap, and my SA told me it would take longer.
I understand from Boutique that though demand for SS is much higher than PM, but SS production is also way higher. An example they gave me was, for every 100 SS RO produced, 200 are in queue. But for every 50 PM RO produced, 120 are in queue. In terms of absolute figure, more are looking for SS but if we are looking at percentage, demand is higher than supply for PMs.
Octagon Guy is offline   Reply With Quote