The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 7 September 2020, 11:50 AM   #1
Bladeshot
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: GMT 1675 PCG Gilt
15710 Silver Dial Diver Lume

Got a question on another thread and thought I’d share a response here to help others in the future. Regarding how well the Silver Dial Diver 15710 lume works.

I am a huge lume fan, and I used to ask about lume on every watch I got. Love hot lume. This silver dial diver is “black lume”. No real lume remaining after a few seconds. Definitely the weakest I’ve owned. I researched and I knew this going in. The movement is so beautiful, the base for the 42 ROO chronos. Just a great piece of work. Classic.

The first pic is after torching the watch for 60 seconds with a Surefire A101805 light. No time lapse. Just the straight iPhone camera. The second shot is 12 minutes later. Same thing. No time lapse. The 3rd shot is 12 minutes after the initial shot, and with a 3 second time lapse to let in more light. iPhone 11max pro default setting for low light is 3 seconds.

If you like lume, this may not be the watch for you. It’s kind of like having a vintage piece. I enjoy it for what it is.

The aesthetics called for a darker lume, I guess, to make the watch what it is. An AP that really lumes hot is the rubber clad 42 ROO chrono. Big numbers, tons of lume. Really shines. Liked those but wanted the diver cause it’s a little thinner. Went to a Daytona for my chrono. Cheers.

Old 7 September 2020, 03:28 PM   #2
Burlington
"TRF" Member

It’s never been the brightest lume on them, but usually good enough to get the job done.

What i do find is that even in the lowest light the time is still visible as the hands and indices are so reflective.

Very rare to be in pitch black, and if so then the relative brightness of the lume will improve & usually last long enough until more light is available.

― Winston S. Churchill
Burlington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 September 2020, 06:15 PM   #3
Potawatomi
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burlington View Post
It’s never been the brightest lume on them, but usually good enough to get the job done.

What i do find is that even in the lowest light the time is still visible as the hands and indices are so reflective.

Very rare to be in pitch black, and if so then the relative brightness of the lume will improve & usually last long enough until more light is available.
From your avi it looks like you have the black dial. Do you also have the silver? I agree with the OP and say that the silver dial lume is bad. It's basically worthless but I still love the watch.
Potawatomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 September 2020, 02:28 AM   #4
Bladeshot
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: GMT 1675 PCG Gilt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burlington View Post

I agree! Lume does not matter to me on this one. Works well. And it’s a very fun one.