The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Ω Omega Discussion Forum

Old 6 September 2021, 12:13 PM   #1
shellbmb
"TRF" Member

First Omega

Looking to get into my first Omega and am looking for a black strap sport watch. Considering the 39.5 deep black PO, the "Oreo" PO 43.5, the DSOTM Speedmaster black black 44mm and finally a PO 45.5 GMT. All pre-owned.

I tried on the oreo at a local used dealer and the thickness seems a bit much for me. Can't try the others on as I can't find any local. Leaning towards the 39.5, but I hear people say it's too small and almost feminine.

Any suggestions?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 39.5.jpg (96.5 KB, 187 views)
File Type: jpg Black.jpg (99.5 KB, 189 views)
File Type: jpg Oreo.jpg (94.8 KB, 189 views)
File Type: png GMT.png (280.3 KB, 187 views)
shellbmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 September 2021, 01:00 PM   #2
texasmade
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP RO 15400, FOIS
All of these watches wear thick even the 39.5 PO. My issue with the 39.5 PO is the bezel is actually about 37mm and the extra 2.5mm comes from the crown guards so it looks small on the wrist. Combined that with the 14mm thickness, it looked awkward when I tried it on.

If you’re going to get a preowned PO, the best one to get is the 42mm 2500 movement. Those are 14mm thick with a 40mm bezel so the watch is better proportioned. The PO Liquid Metal Limited Edition is basically the 42mm 2500 movement but with a ceramic bezel if you really want a ceramic bezel.
texasmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 September 2021, 11:59 PM   #3
shellbmb
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasmade View Post
All of these watches wear thick even the 39.5 PO. My issue with the 39.5 PO is the bezel is actually about 37mm and the extra 2.5mm comes from the crown guards so it looks small on the wrist. Combined that with the 14mm thickness, it looked awkward when I tried it on.

If you’re going to get a preowned PO, the best one to get is the 42mm 2500 movement. Those are 14mm thick with a 40mm bezel so the watch is better proportioned. The PO Liquid Metal Limited Edition is basically the 42mm 2500 movement but with a ceramic bezel if you really want a ceramic bezel.
Thanks. That is a sharp watch, but looks a tad difficult to find pre-owned. I'll keep an eye out.
shellbmb is offline   Reply With Quote