The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 3 December 2020, 05:15 AM   #1
Prestige_Swiss
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126610LN
How often do you switch ink color?

Hello everyone,

I hope you are all doing well. Im curious as to how often you change the ink in your fountain pens and what is currently your favorite ink that you are using? I am considering getting the MB Petrol Blue.
Prestige_Swiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 December 2020, 06:51 AM   #2
jar
"TRF" Member

Watch: Samsung Gear S3
Usually every year or so. But sometimes more often.
jar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 December 2020, 12:29 AM   #3
Bisquitlips
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: YM Deep Space
Typically when I see an ink review of an ink I have, but haven't used.

About twice a month.
Oris TT1 Pro Diver Regulator 43MM
Bisquitlips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 December 2020, 04:27 AM   #4
16610Swiss
Banned

Actually every 3 months since I use it alot
16610Swiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 December 2020, 11:30 AM   #5
woowoo
Banned

I keep 3-4 pens on my desk with different inks in them (collection is about 20 pens but most sit empty most of them time). I change inks when one runs out or when I really want to try a new ink. Works out to about once every 2-3 months.

The longer I have collected pens the less I have the patience for pen cleaning.
woowoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 February 2021, 12:12 AM   #6
kentrifle
"TRF" Member

Within my pen collection, nearly everything gets filled with black ink. When I was first introduced to fountain pens 40 years ago, black was considered to be the professional and formal standard. When I bought my first house, of course I wanted to sign contracts and closing documents with my favorite pen; but the lawyer insisted that I use a blue pen, which they supplied in a plastic ballpoint format for security and anti-copying reasons. So I keep my Waterman Le Man 100 loaded with blue for certain such needs. I got into collecting American colonial documents over the years and have dedicated my orange Duofold Centennial to a nice dark brown ink for formal writing to friends and fellow document aficionados for an 18th century flair on laid cotton paper.
I'm not a fan of changing ink colors in a pen, but rather devoting a particular pen to a specific color and use.
Having a 3-piece set with a rollerball in a contrasting ink color to the fountain pen and a pencil seems to make a perfect combination for me. That's one reason why I find Montblanc's Writer's series such a compelling investment.
kentrifle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 February 2021, 12:34 AM   #7
kentrifle
"TRF" Member

Within my pen collection, nearly everything gets filled with black ink. When I was first introduced to fountain pens 40 years ago, black was considered to be the professional and formal standard. When I bought my first house, of course I wanted to sign contracts and closing documents with my favorite pen; but the lawyer insisted that I use a blue pen, which they supplied in a plastic ballpoint format for security and anti-copying reasons. So I keep my Waterman Le Man 100 loaded with blue for certain such needs. I got into collecting American colonial documents over the years and have dedicated my orange Duofold Centennial to a nice dark brown ink for formal writing to friends and fellow document aficionados for an 18th century flair on laid cotton paper.
I'm not a fan of changing ink colors in a pen, but rather devoting a particular pen to a specific color and use.
Having a 3-piece set with a rollerball in a contrasting ink color to the fountain pen and a pencil seems to make a perfect combination for me. That's one reason why I find Montblanc's Writer's series such a compelling investment.
kentrifle is offline   Reply With Quote