The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 15 February 2019, 06:57 AM   #481
SearChart
TechXpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by quakeroatmeal View Post
I started Weight Watchers on black friday and lost 31 pounds so far and I'm almost *never* hungry. I've started to feel my watch bracelet get looser!

I'd go with that.

Weight loss is like 80% diet, 20% exercise! (I just made that up, but I find it to be true.)

Get your diet under control and worry less about exercise.
A healthy/balanced 'diet' is indeed most important and the key to weight loss and maintaining a healthy weight. Exercise will definitely help a lot in weight loss but most importantly is that regular exercise will make you feel much better and energetic overall. Combine it with a solid sleeping pattern and you'll be crushing it.
SearChart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 February 2019, 07:00 AM   #482
quakeroatmeal
"TRF" Member

Watch: Mickey Watch
The sleeping pattern is definitely the hardest thing for me. If I get to bed before 1 AM its a personal achievement.

But I refuse to take sleeping pills or anything. I really need to work on disciplining myself to go to sleep at a descent time.
quakeroatmeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 February 2019, 07:06 AM   #483
SearChart
TechXpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by quakeroatmeal View Post
The sleeping pattern is definitely the hardest thing for me. If I get to bed before 1 AM its a personal achievement.

But I refuse to take sleeping pills or anything. I really need to work on disciplining myself to go to sleep at a descent time.
I'm probably the most boring 24 year old on the planet but I go to bed every night at 22:30 and get up at 6:30, never have issues falling asleep and always wake up fully rested, I don't stay up late on weekends either.

Now if I happen to have a late night and go to bed at 1am, even if I get my 8 hours of sleep I'm broken the whole day after...
Old 15 February 2019, 03:28 PM   #484
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
I struggle with sleep as well. I haven’t been asleep before 2 am in months and honestly fall asleep after 1 am 99% of the time. I still sleep 8 hours but I’d rather be on a normal schedule. I think I could do it if I started reading instead of iPad and TV time.

I know I’m up too late because I often chat with Bas while he is headed for work lol

On a better note still doing well with the weight loss plan. Down about 18 with 18 to go. I really dug myself in a hole the past two years since getting married lol
Old 15 February 2019, 03:40 PM   #485
Wesley Crusher
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SearChart View Post
I'm probably the most boring 24 year old on the planet but I go to bed every night at 22:30 and get up at 6:30, never have issues falling asleep and always wake up fully rested, I don't stay up late on weekends either.

Now if I happen to have a late night and go to bed at 1am, even if I get my 8 hours of sleep I'm broken the whole day after...
Boring, maybe, but you have the right idea. I really wish I could get 8 hours a night, but it just doesn’t work for me.

After work, I head to the gym and by the time I get home, shower, eat, prepare for the next day and watch a bit of tv, it’s already close to midnight. I have to be up at 5:30 in the morning so if I’m lucky, I’ll get 6 hours. An extra 2 hours would be fantastic.
Wesley Crusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 February 2019, 04:23 PM   #486
SearChart
TechXpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB-man View Post
I struggle with sleep as well. I haven’t been asleep before 2 am in months and honestly fall asleep after 1 am 99% of the time. I still sleep 8 hours but I’d rather be on a normal schedule. I think I could do it if I started reading instead of iPad and TV time.

I know I’m up too late because I often chat with Bas while he is headed for work lol

On a better note still doing well with the weight loss plan. Down about 18 with 18 to go. I really dug myself in a hole the past two years since getting married lol
I try to read half an hour before bed, it definitely helps you get tired and is easy on the eyes vs looking at a screen.

Time for bed Tom! I'm about to head to work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley Crusher View Post
Boring, maybe, but you have the right idea. I really wish I could get 8 hours a night, but it just doesn’t work for me.

After work, I head to the gym and by the time I get home, shower, eat, prepare for the next day and watch a bit of tv, it’s already close to midnight. I have to be up at 5:30 in the morning so if I’m lucky, I’ll get 6 hours. An extra 2 hours would be fantastic.
So you probably have a very long commute? Or work way more than 40hrs?
Old 15 February 2019, 05:02 PM   #487
Wesley Crusher
"TRF" Member

Quote:
So you probably have a very long commute? Or work way more than 40hrs?
Long commute... about 1.5 hours each way. I'm definitely looking for something a bit closer to home. This job has my schedule all jacked up.
Old 15 February 2019, 05:09 PM   #488
SearChart
TechXpert

Quote:
Long commute... about 1.5 hours each way. I'm definitely looking for something a bit closer to home. This job has my schedule all jacked up.
I know how that feels... I had a long commute like that when I did my first internship in Amsterdam. Together with marathon training I was happy if I could get a half hour of Netflix in each night... It can definitely be tiresome and demotivating.

Now it is just a 25min commute each way for me and it really makes a difference.
Old 16 February 2019, 12:38 AM   #489
Wesley Crusher
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I know how that feels... I had a long commute like that when I did my first internship in Amsterdam. Together with marathon training I was happy if I could get a half hour of Netflix in each night... It can definitely be tiresome and demotivating.

Now it is just a 25min commute each way for me and it really makes a difference.
I used to have a 25 min commute. Those were the days.
Old 16 February 2019, 12:41 AM   #490
Wesley Crusher
"TRF" Member

Quick update on my end. I’ve stayed pretty much flat in terms of my weight over the past month. I’ve been eating well during the week, but have treated myself on the weekends. With proper nutrition, it’s fine to indulge a bit. I just need to adjust my macros and reduce my daily caloric intake slightly and I should be golden.

For those who are interested in improving their lives, remember, it is a process. It doesn’t happen over night. You may experience some setbacks, but don’t let that discourage you. I lost 40 pounds the first year that I changed my diet. That’s less than 1lb per week, which is extremely reasonable. I did not see big results week over week, but over the long run, I have seen a massive difference. I didn’t go on any extreme diet. I incorporated small changes into my life little by little and now those changes are permanently part of my lifestyle.
Old 16 February 2019, 01:07 AM   #491
rmlovett1
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: YTBD
Quote:
A healthy/balanced 'diet' is indeed most important and the key to weight loss and maintaining a healthy weight. Exercise will definitely help a lot in weight loss but most importantly is that regular exercise will make you feel much better and energetic overall. Combine it with a solid sleeping pattern and you'll be crushing it.
⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️ Agreed! Consistency with all three is key as well. My energy levels are as high now as they were 35 yrs ago
rmlovett1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 February 2019, 03:40 AM   #492
Romeojk

Watch: Submariner 114060
On another positive note, met with the doc for an annual physical and all the blood work came back great, significant improvements since altering my eating habits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Romeojk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 February 2019, 10:47 PM   #493
Fat_ninja
Banned

Watch: P-01
Back down to 165 from 170
Fat_ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 February 2019, 01:51 AM   #494
quakeroatmeal
"TRF" Member

Watch: Mickey Watch
Ugh, thursday was valentines day so I went out to a fancy dinner, and yesterday was a friends birthday.

Saturday mornings are my official weigh in day and I'm only down 3 ounces.

Hopefully next week will go better.
quakeroatmeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 February 2019, 02:05 AM   #495
austinp
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat_ninja View Post
Well done!
austinp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 February 2019, 08:59 AM   #496
Chewbacca
Banned

Watch: Kessel Run Chrono
Down another 7lbs
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 February 2019, 11:07 AM   #497
SG56
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Watch: SD4K
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewbacca View Post
Down another 7lbs
Congratulations!!
Yacht-Master 268622 - the chick version
Speedy Mitsukoshi <3
Tag Heuer Aquaracer WAF141C.BA0824 - the chick version

Thank you logan5tx!!! Have to link it. Too long for the signature.
https://www.rolexforums.com/showpost...0&postcount=14
SG56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 February 2019, 08:03 PM   #498
SearChart
TechXpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat_ninja View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewbacca View Post
Down another 7lbs
Very well done guys, keep it up
Old 17 February 2019, 08:07 PM   #499
SearChart
TechXpert

Bit of a bummer for me today, went out for a 30km run which I completed in a decent amount of time but my legs were just unusually thrashed. Just super heavy and no energy, I have a marathon coming up in four weeks so hopefully this was just a bad day. (If I had 1km more to go today I'd have crawled...)

Old 17 February 2019, 09:18 PM   #500
rmlovett1

Quote:
Bit of a bummer for me today, went out for a 30km run which I completed in a decent amount of time but my legs were just unusually thrashed. Just super heavy and no energy, I have a marathon coming up in four weeks so hopefully this was just a bad day. (If I had 1km more to go today I'd have crawled...)

A little over 8 min/mile pace....jelly legs or not....that’s a pretty great pace for that distance. Nice job!
Old 17 February 2019, 10:48 PM   #501
antbkny
"TRF" Member

Watch: Dblue
Exercise is up this week (thanks fitbit), eating and IF have been on point. Weight loss has stalled according to the scale but clothing is fitting better and I can see a difference in my face. Eventually the scale will catch up On ward we go!
antbkny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 February 2019, 02:16 AM   #502
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
I’m a bloated pile of crap today lol beer and pizza last night. Staying away from the scale until later in the week.
Old 18 February 2019, 02:26 AM   #503
Wesley Crusher
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I’m a bloated pile of crap today lol beer and pizza last night. Staying away from the scale until later in the week.
I ran an OCR event with some friends yesterday and afterward we went and got pizza. I crushed a whole pizza and had 2 glasses of beer. Now I feel like crap.
Old 18 February 2019, 03:02 AM   #504
rmlovett1

Quote:
Originally Posted by antbkny View Post
Exercise is up this week (thanks fitbit), eating and IF have been on point. Weight loss has stalled according to the scale but clothing is fitting better and I can see a difference in my face. Eventually the scale will catch up On ward we go!
Quote:
Quote:
I ran an OCR event with some friends yesterday and afterward we went and got pizza. I crushed a whole pizza and had 2 glasses of beer. Now I feel like crap.
Always going to be hiccups...keep up the good work and stay the course men!
Old 18 February 2019, 03:23 AM   #505
SearChart
TechXpert

Quote:
Quote:
You gotta indulge once in a while, keeps motivation high
Old 18 February 2019, 03:26 AM   #506
SearChart
TechXpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richris1 View Post
A little over 8 min/mile pace....jelly legs or not....that’s a pretty great pace for that distance. Nice job!
Yeah it wasn't bad, just don't know what was going on with the legs. Doing an easy 10k tomorrow, actually helps with the soreness.
35km training run next Sunday, I hope the legs will be better then
Old 18 February 2019, 11:50 AM   #507
520Matt
"TRF" Member

Watch: SD, LV,GMT II Pep
Quote:
Good call
520Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 February 2019, 11:56 AM   #508
austinp
"TRF" Member

I got after it as well this weekend. No scale for a couple days. It was fun though!
austinp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 February 2019, 12:17 PM   #509
Romeojk

Watch: Submariner 114060
I had a rough day as well. Let’s not talk about it...nor bring it up again.

I am looking forward...

Let’s Rock Tomorrow!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Romeojk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 February 2019, 01:59 AM   #510
Headshrinker
"TRF" Member

Watch: Day-Date
I have noticed some muscle mass loss over the last few years, (60 yrs.old) but beside that I feel pretty good considering some of the injuries I have received over the years. I ride my bicycle a little less, and have given cross training a try. I also try to take an hour nap in the late afternoon. Basically, it comes down to diet and consistency. If it’s too icy out, I will to some indoor rowing or weightlifting. My 18 yr. old daughter told me the other day that I was still more ripped than any of her male friends; but most of her friends are nerds.
Headshrinker is offline   Reply With Quote