The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Panerai Discussion Forum

Old 24 December 2019, 06:10 AM   #1
duc888
"TRF" Member

Any 683 out there?

Hi,

after spending years with Rolex an AP I just found back to my old love....Panerai.
So I sold some Rolex and bought a NOS 005 and now I think about getting a Submersible but there are some limitations at the moment.
I like the 44mm size and I like steel due to the weight.
A 024 would worth a thought but I am not a real fan of the loupe and I would like to have a new one or at least near NOS.

There comes the 683 in sight and I started to smile but.....it has "only" 42mm.

Are here some 683 owners and can share some thoughts, experiences etc.?
Any comments would be appreciated.
Thanks
duc888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 December 2019, 08:44 AM   #2
lbhphx23
"TRF" Member

Watch: HULK
I just recently found a 683 on the secondary market - it was the first one to hit the secondary market and I jumped on it. I absolutely love the look and it is the perfect size for my 7" wrist. i also loved the 682, but the black ceramic bezel on the 683 makes all the difference and also makes it appear smaller.

I love the splash of blue and also that it can work with a variety of straps. Also it is the first automatic Panerai I have had without any rotor wobble or noise. Although I miss the in-house caliber, this movement is much quieter.

I personally think this is a great piece for those who cannot rock a 47mm Panerai. It has a good amount of Panerai DNA, but also does not rely on the past and has some modern features which show that Panerai wants to move their collections forward with some level of modernity. Finally, the 683 can truly be worn with anything as it is not too industrial looking - actually wore it to the office today and it looks great.

The only drawback is price and finding one. The price is certainly ambitious and that is why I waited to find one on the secondary market. Most dealers have waitlists for this piece. At 7-8k, it can be argued that it is worth the money. At full boat plus tax, this is tough pill to swallow.
lbhphx23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 December 2019, 04:55 PM   #3
duc888
"TRF" Member

Thanks for you reply.
7" are approx 17 to 18 cm, right?
Could you please post a picture for me? My wrist is a little bit larger but I really do not like 47mm on it.
And yes, the black bezel is somethink that I like much.
duc888 is offline   Reply With Quote