The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Patek Philippe Discussion Forum

Old 19 April 2018, 05:09 PM   #1
Watch Admirer
Banned

Discrepancy between 5711 Blue dial and White dial

Why is the date window color of the blue dial 5711 WHITE, when the date window color of the white dial 5711 is also WHITE. For consistency, i would at least expect the date window color of the white dial 5711 to be dark blue, matching the indices. Would be much more interesting in my opinion.
Watch Admirer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 April 2018, 05:17 PM   #2
SC11
Banned

Watch: AP ☠️
I could give you a well thought reply but given your input on other people’s topics I’m not going to bother!
SC11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 April 2018, 05:39 PM   #3
LAFLARE
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC11 View Post
I could give you a well thought reply but given your input on other people’s topics I’m not going to bother!
I believe the correct response would be 'No.'
LAFLARE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 April 2018, 05:47 PM   #4
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

do you really want to know or just criticize? Two minutes before your thread here, you answered your own question in a round about way.... it seems its to keep it consistent with the original nautilus which had a white date window

https://www.rolexforums.com/showpost...3&postcount=16
current collection: Patek 5164A, Patek 5524G, Rolex Platinum Daytona 116506, Rolex Sea Dweller 43 126600, Rolex GMT II 116710LN, AP 15400ST (silver), Panerai 913, Omega Speedmaster moonwatch, Tudor Black Bay (Harrods Edition)
tyler1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 April 2018, 06:01 PM   #5
iealdrich
"TRF" Member

I’d say Patek is pretty consistent. It’s either black letters/numbers on white background, or white letters/numbers on black background throughout their current offerings. In the Nautilus collection for example, it’s always black letters/numbers on white background. How’s that for consistency?

Seems to be working for Patek anyway. I’ve yet to find a single 5711, blue, white or gold dialed at any AD- and I have access to a lot of them where I live. They should consider making less desirable pieces so that some of us may be able to get our hands on ONE!

Cheers!
iealdrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 April 2018, 07:07 PM   #6
Watch Admirer
Banned

Apologies, it's just that many people have been comparing the 15202 and the 5711 with regards to the date window. People seem to prefer a same colored date window. I just though that if Patek really wants to stick to what they believe works, maybe they could have change the date window color of the white model to dark blue - that's what i meant by consistency.
And my Yes/No answers are on topics asking opinions - i just state mine plain and simple, that's what OPs usually look for. My topic is a Why question...
Old 19 April 2018, 07:08 PM   #7
Watch Admirer
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler1980 View Post
do you really want to know or just criticize? Two minutes before your thread here, you answered your own question in a round about way.... it seems its to keep it consistent with the original nautilus which had a white date window

https://www.rolexforums.com/showpost...3&postcount=16
I was just being cheeky
Old 20 April 2018, 02:50 AM   #8
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watch Admirer View Post
Apologies, it's just that many people have been comparing the 15202 and the 5711 with regards to the date window. People seem to prefer a same colored date window. I just though that if Patek really wants to stick to what they believe works, maybe they could have change the date window color of the white model to dark blue - that's what i meant by consistency.
And my Yes/No answers are on topics asking opinions - i just state mine plain and simple, that's what OPs usually look for. My topic is a Why question...
Dark blue would look really weird. Only other option is black like the 5980.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 2018, 02:51 AM   #9
HAL330
Banned

Watch: xyz
Im glad the window on my brown dial is white... brown on black letters would be a bad idea. I trust the designers at PP to know what looks best.
HAL330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 2018, 02:52 AM   #10
thomaspp
"TRF" Member

Gerald genta designed it this way