The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Miscellaneous Forums > Pens & Writing Instruments

Old 23 December 2017, 04:02 PM   #1
Bisquitlips
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: YM Deep Space
Innovativing Journaling Pen Case - Great Product!

I just purchased my second one of these and have to give a shout out to Innovative Journaling for their work.

These are expensive but well worth the expense if you have pens that you want to carry in multiples and what them to be safe. Rarely you will find that they have a sell on their leather products and that is the time to purchase them, but again it is rare that this happens.

I have one in the Taos Whiskey leather and one in the Bomber Jacket.

The quality of their workmanship and especially their design makes them very desirable when it comes to protecting your expensive fountain pens. And the chenille lining is very thick and offers another soft layer to keep any leather rub on the finials of your pens.

One of the best things about it is that it will carry 5 large pens SAFELY (no real chance of scratching on dinging each other and you still have room for a pocket size Moleskine journal or any pocket journal. You can also remove all the pens by pushing out the 5 pen slip and removing them by pushing them out of their place by pushing from the bottom. So even if you put the pens in their groove clip and all it is easy to remove them.

You can also leave the entire pen slip out and then you have what Innovative Journaling calls their Accessory pouch which will then hold things like a journal, check book, and mobile phone along with a pen or two.

Taos Whiskey

Removable Pen Sleeve

Bomber Flight Jacket

Great Design

Check them out.

innovativejournaling.com- Caution Please see Posts below!!!!
Oris TT1 Pro Diver Regulator 43MM

Last edited by Lol-x; 28 December 2017 at 08:41 PM.. Reason: Updated information see posts below.....
Bisquitlips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 December 2017, 05:22 PM   #2
Formulansx
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex,Omega,Seiko
Looks great Richard. Would you say the chenille lining is on par with micro fiber for scratch prevention? I’m looking for a 3 pen case that is virtually pen scratch proof from all angles. I’ve been using Omas sleeves in a Montegrappa pen box but the spring has broken in the box. I guess it’s good for shipping pens but not opening several times a day. I’m 100% satisfied with the scratch resistance provided by the Omas sleeves but just need a closed cover for moving pens with 360 degree scratch resistance. I rest my pens on the Omas pen holder shipped with the pen at work 99% of the time.......I might be mildly obsessed with keeping my pens scratch free 🤪. Maybe I should ask, how does the feel of the chenille lining compare to an Omas shipping sleeve. I’ve heard rumors that you have an Omas pen or twenty in your collection so you might know what I’m talking about!

Day-Date President, Datejust (flipped), Bluesy 16613, Omega 14kt Seamaster, Seiko Cocktail Time, Seiko Alpinist, REC 901-2 (Porsche 911), REC TTT Escape (Steve McQueen Triumph). A few Bulovas, cars, and fountain pens
Formulansx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 December 2017, 06:43 PM   #3
Bisquitlips
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formulansx View Post
Looks great Richard. Would you say the chenille lining is on par with micro fiber for scratch prevention? I’m looking for a 3 pen case that is virtually pen scratch proof from all angles. I’ve been using Omas sleeves in a Montegrappa pen box but the spring has broken in the box. I guess it’s good for shipping pens but not opening several times a day. I’m 100% satisfied with the scratch resistance provided by the Omas sleeves but just need a closed cover for moving pens with 360 degree scratch resistance. I rest my pens on the Omas pen holder shipped with the pen at work 99% of the time.......I might be mildly obsessed with keeping my pens scratch free ��. Maybe I should ask, how does the feel of the chenille lining compare to an Omas shipping sleeve. I’ve heard rumors that you have an Omas pen or twenty in your collection so you might know what I’m talking about!

Hey Guy,

Yes... In my opinion it feels like silk threads woven together. I carry several of my most expensive resin pens and Urushi pens with no issues.

Another thing you can do is push the pens into the sleeve so deeply that they are completely protected from top to bottom by the leather sleeve. Again it is super easy to remove them by pushing them out through the bottom of the sleeve once you remove the sleeve from its leather case.

Here is a Wiki on the chenille. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chenille_fabric
Old 28 December 2017, 10:23 AM   #4
Bisquitlips
2024 Pledge Member

So, beginning today I am going to put on hold all recommendations to do any business with Innovative Journaling.

I will leave it there for now and will add a full explanation soon. Just please be aware that if you order from them you may not get your products. Again, I will explain more soon, but if I didn't provide this caveat I would feel responsible if what seems to be happening to me, happened to you per my recommendations of this company. Something has definitely changed.
Old 28 December 2017, 03:48 PM   #5
Formulansx
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex,Omega,Seiko
Thanks for the update Richard! Keep us posted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Day-Date President, Datejust (flipped), Bluesy 16613, Omega 14kt Seamaster, Seiko Cocktail Time, Seiko Alpinist, REC 901-2 (Porsche 911), REC TTT Escape (Steve McQueen Triumph). A few Bulovas, cars, and fountain pens
Formulansx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 December 2017, 08:40 PM   #6
Lol-x
Facilitator

Thanks for the warning on this Richard.
Please update us upon any developments.

Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be. ~Abraham Lincoln
Nothing compares to the simple pleasure of a bike ride. ~John F. Kennedy

ROLEXploitation - yeah I'm a victim
Lol-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 December 2017, 03:02 PM   #7
Bisquitlips
2024 Pledge Member

You are welcome. Please stand by.

I cannot believe that Arthur would do this to me after a 10 year relationship and many 100s of dollars spent with him, but life is a teacher.

I will post the outcome.
Old 21 January 2018, 04:37 AM   #8
Bisquitlips
2024 Pledge Member

Just an update.

I received a refund yesterday, a day after the PayPal deadline passed for Arthur from Innovative Journaling to answer. He never answered so it appears that PayPal refunded the complete cost back to me including shipping and will attempt to recover from him.

It is really too bad that such a talented leather artist turns out to be the kind of person he has revealed himself to be.

I do not recommend anyone do business with Innovative Journaling.