The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex WatchTech

Old 29 August 2011, 02:28 AM   #31
roger0770
Banned

Watch: A Few
everyone has different experiences. it just so happened that the op and i were the unfortunate ones to have the bad experience with michael young. i hope everything turns out to be okay.
roger0770 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 September 2011, 06:03 AM   #32
jcvtwo
"TRF" Member

I just recieved my jubilee bracelet from Michael Young, I am very pleased with the quality of the work. It looks great. I got an email from Michael on June 2 when he received the bracelet. It was received by me on Sept 9 th. So, it took quite a while. I was very happy with the work and couldn't be more pleased with the quality of the work. So be prepared to wait, he did send me an email when it was received in Hong Kong. I have nothing but good things to say about the service. Patience is required for the turn around.

Last edited by jcvtwo; 12 September 2011 at 06:05 AM.. Reason: misspell
jcvtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 September 2011, 06:37 AM   #33
Clay
Banned

Good to hear....
Clay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 September 2011, 06:39 AM   #34
dddrees
"TRF" Member

Watch: This N That
Quote:
Originally Posted by clay View Post
good to hear....
x2

Loyal Foot Soldier of The Nylon Nation.

Card Carrying Member of the Global Association of
Retro-Grouch-Curmudgeons
dddrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 September 2011, 07:51 AM   #35
slcbbrown
"TRF" Member

Watch: 50's TT t-bird
X3-- I've got two worn out jubilee's to send.
slcbbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 September 2011, 08:03 AM   #36
Lanfor
"TRF" Member

Watch: Submariner-16610LV
I hope it sorts out for you I would not be best pleased if this happened to me
Old 12 September 2011, 08:15 AM   #37
skyedog
"TRF" Member

Watch: ing TRF
Busy is not an excuse! the man should own his words! 10 weeks is ten weeks.... 4 weeks is 4 weeks not 16 weeks!! do not reply to email .. it's just WRONG!!

I am so sorry you need to go through this!

I guess he is already in a lot of members shit list.
skyedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 September 2011, 08:51 AM   #38
ufboy73
Banned

honestly dont care how many 'good' reports this guy has - this type of transaction is simply unacceptable in the services (any services) industry.

if something like this can happen, you have to assume there is SOME uncertainty with whether your transaction will turn out the same - and that is killer for someone that doesn't know you from Adam.
ufboy73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 September 2011, 05:25 AM   #39
wrxsti
"TRF" Member

is it just me or is ten weeks a hell of a long time?
Old 13 September 2011, 11:20 PM   #40
silvershark

Hey guys,

So the replacement bracelet Michael Young sent me has arrived. To be honest I was quite dissapointed when it arrived for a number of reasons. Firstly I don't think it's 18K gold, like the one I sent him. Secondly I'm under the impression that the JB bracelets aren't genuine rolex, but made by a company in the states and, thirdly there is no way to add or remove links and one of the links has holes in it and is from another bracelet entirely me thinks.

Anyway here are some pics. I'd like to know what you all think, and what I should do next.

Now for the worst part! As I was positioning the bracelet to take these pics this happened.

now I'm mega pi$$ed off!! For some strange reason, I doubt Michael will want to do anything about it now :(
silvershark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 September 2011, 11:27 PM   #41
watchf
"TRF" Member

That is pretty awful not just because one of the outer link fell out but it looks sort of unfinished with the folded gold links showing gaps in some but not in others. The outer link with the link hole in it is a joke! Can you get a refund for it?
watchf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 September 2011, 11:31 PM   #42
MonBK
Banned

Send it back, this is bigtime BS.
MonBK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 September 2011, 11:43 PM   #43
silvershark

I'm reluctant to send it back, because who knows how long it would take to be sorted this time. Also there is no refund to be had, as it is a replacement for my own bracelet that Michael said he had lost!
Old 13 September 2011, 11:47 PM   #44
handsfull
"TRF" Member

Watch: youlookinat?
There is NO EXCUSE for not communicating with someone who which you are doing business with....Period. Silvershark = thank you GREATLY for this information, you are completely correct in your handling of the issue. Young needs to step up to the plate and offer you either another (near brand new) bracelet or extreme $$ compensation to offset his gross incompetence.
handsfull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 September 2011, 11:56 PM   #45
cck1609
"TRF" Member

WTF!!! the replacement bracelet is really in very bad shape. :(
cck1609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 September 2011, 12:05 AM   #46
zeuloa
"TRF" Member

Watch: SEA-DWELLER
WOW.... I agree. He should source a near new bracelet, or new one from Rolex after everything he's put you through. I'm not sure what shape your bracelet was in but the one he sent you looks horrible, and it seems to fall apart. Good luck on this one.
zeuloa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 September 2011, 12:05 AM   #47
Johny
"TRF" Member

Watch: sub 16610Lv
send it back. i am sure that once this gets around that everyone in the rolex community will be watching to see how it develops.
Old 14 September 2011, 12:15 AM   #48
siewmaiwatch
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16610LV 14060m
Quote:
Originally Posted by johny View Post
send it back. I am sure that once this gets around that everyone in the rolex community will be watching to see how it develops.
x2
siewmaiwatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 September 2011, 12:18 AM   #49
silvershark

Thanks for the replies guys!

This is an email I've just sent to Michael. Let me know what you guys think. I've linked to this thread in the email and attached the same photos.

SS

Hi Michael

I received the replacement bracelet you shipped to me and have only now had time to have a proper look at and install to the watch. However I am very disappointed. The bracelet is of very poor quality!! For one it is too small and there is no way to add extra links, secondly I’m not sure it is 18K gold like the one I sent you, thirdly one of the links has a hole through it and looks very unsightly and lastly one of the end pieces falls out as soon as the bracelet is handled. Also some of the gold middle pieces have not been folded tightly enough and are loose! I have enclosed some pictures for your consideration and would like you to remedy this. Either try to find and return my own original bracelet, or send me a better quality replacement or monetary compensation to allow me to purchase a replacement, and I will send this one back to you.

I’m sorry Michael, but this has run for far too long and I expected better from someone who comes highly recommended in the Rolex/watch community.
Here is a link to the Rolex forum, where I have posted about this. http://www.rolexforums.com/showthrea...=188146&page=2
Old 14 September 2011, 12:19 AM   #50
joeychitwood
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolexes & Tudors
I don't understand in this day and age of world-wide communications between Rolex enthusiaists how someone would jeopardize his reputation and business by pulling such a crass stunt as that bracelet replacement. The business he loses will be magnitudes greater than the cost of doing the right thing and providing an equal or better replacement bracelet for the one he so carelessly lost. It makes no business sense whatsoever.
joeychitwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 September 2011, 12:27 AM   #51
Welshwatchman
"TRF" Member

It would appear that this is the first time that he has lost a bracelet and has unfortunately "ballsed up" the customer service.

Personally, I'd be all out to make amends, even if I was left well out of pocket.

It would have been my responsibility and my reputation. The buyer would have been well pleased and that's no doubt.

I can't understand why Michael Young hasn't reacted the way I thought he would have. Perhaps he's got too much business on and it doesn't matter if his reputation is damaged.
Old 14 September 2011, 01:54 AM   #52
arttay10
"TRF" Member

Watch: ????????
I'm shocked at what he sent you in return and the pictures you've just listed - I hope as Paul says... He steps up and finds either the original or a suitable replacement...
arttay10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 September 2011, 01:55 AM   #53
arttay10
"TRF" Member

Watch: ????????
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeychitwood View Post
I don't understand in this day and age of world-wide communications between Rolex enthusiaists how someone would jeopardize his reputation and business by pulling such a crass stunt as that bracelet replacement. The business he loses will be magnitudes greater than the cost of doing the right thing and providing an equal or better replacement bracelet for the one he so carelessly lost. It makes no business sense whatsoever.
I agree 100% - makes no sense!!
arttay10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 September 2011, 02:14 AM   #54
Route 66
"TRF" Member

Watch: 214270 Mark II
It's unbelievable what you've had to go through to have your bracelet repaired. And to get it (or most likely a different one) back would back would incense me.

I wish you the best of luck in resolving this and hope you'll keep us informed of any new developments.
Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 September 2011, 02:43 AM   #55
silvershark

Quote:
Originally Posted by arttay10 View Post
I'm shocked at what he sent you in return and the pictures you've just listed - I hope as Paul says... He steps up and finds either the original or a suitable replacement...
Well I've sent him that email, so we will just have to wait and see what he proposes, if anything. I sincereley hope your experience with him turns out better than mine!

I'll keep you posted....
Old 14 September 2011, 03:08 AM   #56
SkyKing31
"TRF" Member

Watch: Tridor Masterpiece
I hope this works out well for everyone involved
SkyKing31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 September 2011, 03:25 AM   #57
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Welshwatchman View Post
It would appear that this is the first time that he has lost a bracelet and has unfortunately "ballsed up" the customer service.

Personally, I'd be all out to make amends, even if I was left well out of pocket.

It would have been my responsibility and my reputation. The buyer would have been well pleased and that's no doubt.

I can't understand why Michael Young hasn't reacted the way I thought he would have. Perhaps he's got too much business on and it doesn't matter if his reputation is damaged.
X2 Paul. Well Michael if you do read this thread I would suggest to save your reputation make amends very quickly over this whole bracelet issue.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 September 2011, 05:23 AM   #58
brkanand
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 4=YMDaytonaGMTHulk
I am not happy with what is going on here. Why not a senior forum member contact Michael Young to get back to us with his side of the story?
brkanand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 September 2011, 05:23 AM   #59
silvershark

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyKing31 View Post
I hope this works out well for everyone involved
I hope so too. I was looking forward to wearing it on my my birthday on Monday, but can't whilst it's falling to bits. :(
Old 14 September 2011, 05:43 AM   #60
harry in montreal
"TRF" Member

Watch: The Habs pick 1st!
anyone in jewelery repair has to set up an internal control system to track the jobs received, in progress and finished.

sad.

so much easier to set up an excel sheet to help him stay in touch.... then him actually doing the work of grafting the links.
harry in montreal is offline   Reply With Quote