The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex WatchTech

Old 15 September 2011, 12:02 AM   #91
silvershark

Well I have replied to MY's very simple email, and stated that I hope he now deals with this expeditiously and sources me a much better quality bracelet......

...so watch this space!
silvershark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 September 2011, 12:59 AM   #92
arttay10
"TRF" Member

Watch: ????????
I'm certainly going to keep an eye on this thread - and I hope I'm not going to have the same issues in a few weeks time...
arttay10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 September 2011, 02:49 AM   #93
silvershark

Quote:
Originally Posted by arttay10 View Post
I'm certainly going to keep an eye on this thread - and I hope I'm not going to have the same issues in a few weeks time...
Have you emailed him to ask how it's progressing? I emailed him after about 5 weeks to see how it was going, and he said it was work in progress and would be back with me shortly. It wasn't for another 6-7 weeks that he admitted that he had lost it.
Old 15 September 2011, 04:04 AM   #94
Johny
"TRF" Member

Watch: sub 16610Lv
Quote:
Originally Posted by silvershark View Post
Have you emailed him to ask how it's progressing? I emailed him after about 5 weeks to see how it was going, and he said it was work in progress and would be back with me shortly. It wasn't for another 6-7 weeks that he admitted that he had lost it.
was there any explanation?...sent out to another customer by mistake perhaps?...or just that it was lost?
Old 15 September 2011, 04:21 AM   #95
Danand
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610LN
After reading the entire (long) thread I would say he(MY) is stupid to not just send you a genuine replacement. If he is as good as everyone says, he is likely successful enough to not really miss the cost of a new one. And that is about the only outcome that will save his reputation with trf members IF he cares to. (realistically speaking we are a drop in the bucket of rolex owners though).
Good luck.
Danand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 September 2011, 04:36 AM   #96
gazp
"TRF" Member

Watch: SS Ceramic Sub
Michael Young sounds like a very dishonourable man , yes he may be good at renovating bracelets , but who would ever want to do business with a dis honest , and unreliable person whom clearly has no conscious and morals.

Anyone that deals with this B.... S...... in the future deserves all the hassle and stress that they will get
gazp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 September 2011, 05:29 AM   #97
silvershark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johny View Post
was there any explanation?...sent out to another customer by mistake perhaps?...or just that it was lost?
No explanation, just that it was lost!
Old 15 September 2011, 05:38 AM   #98
The Joker
"TRF" Member

I'd have to get this guy on the phone, to find out what is what.
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 September 2011, 05:40 AM   #99
Atomant
"TRF" Member

Does he even have a website? I'll be in hongkong this weekend, maybe I can drop by and say hi.
Old 15 September 2011, 05:42 AM   #100
Mickey®
Banned

Watch: Swiss Made
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomant View Post
Does he even have a website? I'll be in hongkong this weekend, maybe I can drop by and say hi.
http://www.onebean.com/index.php
Mickey® is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 September 2011, 05:48 AM   #101
Atomant
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey® View Post
Thanks Mickey, he seems pretty established and will have alot at stake if that lost bracelet is not handled nicely. Very disappointing indeed.
Old 15 September 2011, 05:57 AM   #102
Submarino
"TRF" Member

Watch: them for me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gazp View Post
Michael Young sounds like a very dishonourable man , yes he may be good at renovating bracelets , but who would ever want to do business with a dis honest , and unreliable person whom clearly has no conscious and morals.

Anyone that deals with this B.... S...... in the future deserves all the hassle and stress that they will get
Just wondering how all those bracelets get renovated!!!! This is pure BS. If that had been my bracelet I would've been as upset as the OP.

Instagram @watchcollectinglifestyle

Submarino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 September 2011, 12:21 PM   #103
zeuloa
"TRF" Member

Watch: SEA-DWELLER
Quote:
Originally Posted by gazp View Post

You are right... Just because he has a great talent doesn't mean he will be a great business owner - a mistake I see often. He would probably be best off with a partner with business and customer service experience that runs the business while he is in charge of repairs.
zeuloa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 September 2011, 05:09 PM   #104
silvershark

Well I kind of expected MY to have bent over all ways yesterday to source me a bracelet, and was hopeing to wake up to an email from him saying that was all sorted.... ..but nothing from him. Disappointed! I'm sure it wouldn't take someone like him, who's heavily involved in the Rolex trade too long to source a decent bracelet!! Maybe it's like someone said, and he's that busy he dosen't care about his reputation
Old 15 September 2011, 07:57 PM   #105
crowncollection
"TRF" Member

Micheal has done numerous bracelets for me no problem with his work or communication, I must say though I am very surprised to see the replacement he sent you. Maybe he is getting to big nowadays and has employed to many employees and not trained them to his usual standards. He may be taking a more backseat role in his business so to speak the last few years. I still think micheal should tell us his side a redeem his reputation. I do agree he owes you a better bracelet than you got, I am sure he will send you a better
One.
Old 15 September 2011, 09:44 PM   #106
tattooedfagin
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1680 Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by crowncollection View Post
Maybe he is getting to big nowadays and has employed to many employees and not trained them to his usual standards. He may be taking a more backseat role in his business so to speak the last few years.
One.
regardless of how big or successful he may have become, if leaving staff in charge they are his companies representatives &, as such should be trained to an equally high standard in all aspects of the business, this shocking display of service is unforgivable & should be resolved immediately regardless of cost to the seller.....

TRF Hall of Fame
tattooedfagin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 September 2011, 09:50 PM   #107
MonBK
Banned

Is MY a member on the forum?
MonBK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 September 2011, 11:09 PM   #108
rolexho
"TRF" Member

I sent my SS Oyster bracelet to Michael Young back in early August. He said the restoration will take 10 weeks. I got my bracelet back in 3 weeks.
rolexho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 September 2011, 11:14 PM   #109
silvershark

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonBK View Post
Is MY a member on the forum?
I've no idea. I know he is a member on WUS, and have often wondered if he is the same Michael Young who manufactures these watches http://forums.watchuseek.com/f296/mi...ve-258728.html
Old 15 September 2011, 11:19 PM   #110
Mickey®
Banned

Watch: Swiss Made
I emailed Michael so that he knew about post and could either reply, tell his side of story or fix the problem...

He replied with this....

from Michael Young michael_ck_young@hotmail.com
to
date Thu, Sep 15, 2011 at 5:29 AM
subject Re: hey
mailed-by hotmail.com
Important mainly because it was sent directly to you.
hide details 5:29 AM (3 hours ago)
Thanks just looked at it, surprised so many replies to the thread. Anyway I don’t usually participate in forums, one person is happy with a band and another will say it is too tight, etc...

you may let them know that as from now I will not to take on new retail customers anymore because the lead time is already too long and second is that we simply do not have enough manpower to handle the logistics for single bands.

Have a nice one.

Cheers

Michael Young

I read that as basically a "F-U...I don't care" which kind of sucks. I am only posting as he told me to tell you all...
Mickey® is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 September 2011, 11:26 PM   #111
silvershark

Quote:
I emailed Michael so that he knew about post and could either reply, tell his side of story or fix the problem...

He replied with this....

to
mailed-by hotmail.com
Thanks just looked at it, surprised so many replies to the thread. Anyway I don’t usually participate in forums, one person is happy with a band and another will say it is too tight, etc...

you may let them know that as from now I will not to take on new retail customers anymore because the lead time is already too long and second is that we simply do not have enough manpower to handle the logistics for single bands.

Have a nice one.

Cheers

Michael Young

I read that as basically a "F-U...I don't care" which kind of sucks. I am only posting as he told me to tell you all...
Wow!!

I wonder where that leaves me then?
Old 15 September 2011, 11:38 PM   #112
ufboy73
Banned

what a joke - i am going to screw someone over and, oh by the way, not going to take any new customers...no kidding
ufboy73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 September 2011, 11:40 PM   #113
BMWMDRIVER
Banned

Watch: 16030, 116710LN
Quote:
Originally Posted by silvershark View Post
Wow!!

I wonder where that leaves me then?

You are FUC**D!!!
BMWMDRIVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 September 2011, 11:47 PM   #114
ingoodtime
"TRF" Member

I wonder if Michael is sending his product out to other subcontractors and that is possibly how your bracelet got lost? As others have said, it may have been sent to someone else by mistake. Either way, his email response to Mickey sure does not make it seem as if he cares. As he said, he has more business than he can handle and is now going to blow off his retail customers. Past customers that have been satisfied will still use him and recommend him although he claims he won't take new business and that some customers complain their refurbished bracelet is tight. I think the man is shooting himself in the foot and will regret his poor business decision and handling of this situation. Being so far away, there is not a whole lot you can do that I can think of.

Hopefully, he will end up satisfying you as this situation is his fault, not yours.Please keep us informed and best of luck.

Michael...do the right thing. you might need us retail customers back one day. Don't shoot the geese that laid the golden egg.

Lee
ingoodtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 September 2011, 11:47 PM   #115
Jannal
"TRF" Member

His business ethics and customer service sucks.

I'm based in Hong Kong, be sure I will tell my watch friends to stay away from this guy.
Seiko: SBGX117 / SBGX335 / 7548 / SNE543P1
Jannal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 September 2011, 12:31 AM   #116
Lucy Diamond
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1966 Pepsi
That's really pathetic.The fact that he took the time to respond to Mickey's e-mail and NOT the OP's most recent about this thread speaks volumes.

Not someone I would do business with.Poor ethics being prominently displayed here,imo.
Old 16 September 2011, 01:04 AM   #117
Welshwatchman
"TRF" Member

Quote:

to

Thanks just looked at it, surprised so many replies to the thread.

Anyway I don’t usually participate in forums, one person is happy with a band and another will say it is too tight, etc...

To the OP:

I'm afraid you're screwed.

Over the years I've been involved here there have been 5 or 6 instances where someone has been placed in a similar (banged to rights) situation.

On one occasion the response was immediate and 100% satisfactory. Another time the seller was won over by popular opinion and made partial amends.

Then there's a different sort, the kind who you just know you are wasting your breath and time with.

It appears that Michael Young is not for convincing. It's your fault for being such a small customer and assuming that his logistical abilities were up to not losing a bracelet and his scruples were less than one would hope for a man of honour.

If you sue him, you'd win, almost certainly. A lot of hassle though.
Old 16 September 2011, 01:15 AM   #118
joeychitwood
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolexes & Tudors
Quote:
to
mailed-by hotmail.com

Have a nice one.

Cheers

Michael Young
Wow.

He obviously doesn't care what people think of him. The "Have a nice one. Cheers." salutation couldn't be more pointed if he just said FU. One very important lesson I've learned over the years is this: DON'T BURN BRIDGES. More than once, I've resisted the urge to tell off an employer or other person only to be happy months or years later when I've had to do business with the people I would have blown off. Michael Young may some day wish he had been more diplomatic and more concerned with customer satisfaction.
joeychitwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 September 2011, 01:26 AM   #119
MonBK
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jannal View Post
His business ethics and customer service sucks.

I'm based in Hong Kong, be sure I will tell my watch friends to stay away from this guy.
We all will, from all corners of the world.
MonBK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 September 2011, 01:47 AM   #120
zeuloa
"TRF" Member

Watch: SEA-DWELLER
Quote:

He replied with this....

to
mailed-by hotmail.com

Have a nice one.

Cheers

Michael Young

WOW.... That's why competition makes for a healthy business enviroment. He is one of the few that do this kind of work, so he thinks he has the world by the balls. Someone better, and with good business practices will come along and then he'll be begging for business.

I would feel much better buying a new bracelet from Rolex for more money than sending anything to this guy. I'ts obvious he doesn't do the work on plain bracelets himself and has someone else do it. He probably just handles rare work from high-end clients.
zeuloa is offline   Reply With Quote