The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Vintage Rolex Discussion

Old 28 August 2022, 07:12 AM   #1
jfb18
"TRF" Member

1675 Rootbeer Bracelet

Hello, I have been passed down a 1971 1675 root beer but it has a SS folded jubilee bracelet instead of the two-tone. I would like to buy the two tone jubilee that should go with it.
Would anyone be able to point me to the correct bracelet for this watch? Where would be the best place to find a good deal on this kind of bracelet?
Thanks!
jfb18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 August 2022, 07:41 AM   #2
Dan S
2024 Pledge Member

The more modern replacement I think would be a 62523 with either 450 or 455 endlinks, I don't know which of the endlinks are considered more correct. Rolex might still sell these.

If you want a folded link jubilee, then you just need to look for the TT version. Hunt everywhere and accept that you might need to have it restored. Actually I just googled and it looks like rolliworks is selling one that is already restored.

I guess you may need to give some thought to the color of the gold, yellow or rose.
Old 28 August 2022, 01:28 PM   #3
greekbum
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex GMT 16750
I have a close to new one from the early 70s feel free to reach out to me.

Original Owner ROLEX 16750 GMT Daily Wearer For Over 13,000 Days And Counting
greekbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 August 2022, 02:43 PM   #4
springer
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: GMT-MASTER
Your best bet would be the USA oval link Jubilee in 14K. As far as pricing goes, what is a "good deal" for you might be a bad deal in the end. Be careful with those 'good deals."

INSTAGRAM USER NAME: SPRINGERJFP
Visit my Instagram page to view some of the finest vintage GMTs anywhere - as well as other vintage classics.
springer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29 August 2022, 02:02 AM   #5
TimeLord2
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: GMT Master 1675/3
As Dan pointed out the 65253H jubilee bracelet is appropriate for this watch (from Europe) but I think period correct would be the 6523 folded link in stainless and gold. Also there should be a 50 on the last link of the actual bracelet and 450 end links are correct for a GMT. This image has the correct bracelet for the GMT but not the correct end links. As Springer suggested, the USA oval link bracelet (appropriate for a Rolex sold in the USA) is a great option and not as flimsy feeling as the folded link versions. Also easier to adjust the size as you can insert or remove extra links without the need for a jeweler if the bracelet cannot be sized correctly with just the adjustment holes in the clasp. What I have on mine is the oval link USA bracelet which originally came with the watch but the end links that came with it never fit very well. I have since bastardized my USA bracelet with a set of 450 end links from the Swiss version and it fits great now. You can see how the rotation from the looseness on the former end links has worn on the last gold center links in the bracelet. Image with 450 end links below. I believe the 455 end links are for a Datejust with a slightly smaller diameter at 36mm compared to the GMT with a diameter of 39mm. The USA bracelet has no numbers on the end links themselves, although I have heard sometimes they have a 50 but I have never seen them. For a period correct Oyster bracelet I think the 7836 in gold and stainless is the period correct versions and is a folded link bracelet. The new and improved version would be the 78363 bracelet (solid outer links hollow center links) and I think 480 end links are appropriate for both the bracelets for a GMT.

On another note, Springer is the expert and I would defer to him on any of what I just wrote above.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 65253H18_50_Bracelet_EBAY_2_s.jpg (228.4 KB, 66 views)
File Type: jpg 65253H18_50_Bracelet_EBAY_s.jpg (209.5 KB, 66 views)
File Type: jpg 65253H18_50_Bracelet_EBAY_8_s.jpg (97.5 KB, 66 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_7154_s.jpg (278.8 KB, 66 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_7149_s.jpg (267.3 KB, 67 views)
TimeLord2 is offline   Reply With Quote