The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Closed Thread

Old 1 September 2011, 11:47 PM   #31
mboverst
"TRF" Member

Can you imagine if you read "Custom Chinese Made Case" on a Rolex listing? In my opinion there's no difference from using a fake case made in GZ and passing it off as a Rolex....heck the Chinese one's nowadays are probably better than you can source from anywhere in Italy.
Old 2 September 2011, 12:09 AM   #32
Kringkily
"TRF" Member

Watch: Speedmaster, Rolex
his previous post

"number 1 you guys are dingles, number 2 i work for the company that produces these clocks, rolex pays us to make them but they are not made by rolex. Why do you think you see a rolex clock hanging in ADs? rolex did not make them! this clock is in no way fake and actually priced to sell at $1500 dollars. not to mention did you guys look at this sellers feedback at all? he obviously knows his stuff about rolex, next time you report someone because you are experts make sure you know about what your talking about."

lol his last sentence makes me chuckle
Old 2 September 2011, 12:35 AM   #33
sherwin
"TRF" Member

To be honest, im not too fussed about after market bezels/bracelets if they do not bear the brand/logo of a trademark. however, having such a large majority of the parts to be aftermarket, and calling it a rolex with a ref #. thats not right!
Old 2 September 2011, 02:11 PM   #34
onkyo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcjp6 View Post
Yes, we are, just found this thread, maybe you should stick around a little and learn from some great sellers here. Plenty of good advice for free........

http://50.30.33.71/~trfcom/showthrea...50#post2660250
Nice find.....

Jordan, hang around here for a bit and you will learn what is a good watch ... and more importantly what is not.
Old 2 September 2011, 05:10 PM   #35
crowncollection
"TRF" Member

Since I started this I feel I should chip in, I 100% agree with micheal and nikos, a fake case does not have a rolex reference number, it's not a rolex, if it does it counterfeit and illegal to sell, if you throw a rolex movement in a fake case, and a counterfeit band (we can all see the rolex markings although they were not displayed prominently) in the photos it's not a rolex. I have a feeling we are not dealing with the real global time here anyway.
Old 2 September 2011, 06:55 PM   #36
dieseldragon
"TRF" Member

Watch: Ω & ♛
how does a 16 year old kid get 100 Rolex watches to start an online shop?
Old 3 September 2011, 07:20 AM   #37
tudorman8276
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Prez
...and yet a nutter LIE...

...seller currently has FORTY watches listed, of which, THIRTY TWO are Rolex...

...mmmmm, does NOT sound like 15 to me.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/global-time-...id=p4340.l2562
Old 3 September 2011, 08:58 AM   #38
Michael M.
Banned

He also sold a red sub with a fake dial (obvious fake, L not lined up with cornet). Also, I highly doubt he's 15 or 16....
Old 3 September 2011, 09:33 AM   #39
STEELINOX
2024 ROLEX DATE-JUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: ROLEX-less atm...
ibtl !

*Positive Waves Baby*
Lug Hole Loyalist / Chamfer Line Inspector
INFORTHE WIN
Old 3 September 2011, 10:34 AM   #40
Runnin' Rebel
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael M. View Post
He also sold a red sub with a fake dial (obvious fake, L not lined up with cornet). Also, I highly doubt he's 15 or 16....
If I read his info right, he has been collecting since he was 15, not that he is 15
Old 3 September 2011, 11:36 AM   #41
Kringkily
"TRF" Member

Watch: Speedmaster, Rolex
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAGERVEGAS View Post
If I read his info right, he has been collecting since he was 15, not that he is 15
If you look at his account postings he said he was 16 not 15. I don't remember what year it was though so he might be 18 now or some crap.
Old 3 September 2011, 11:56 AM   #42
springer
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: GMT-MASTER
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolexmonsters View Post
hello guys, i am seller global-time-hbg, the watch was not fake!! it had a 3135 movement and it was disclosed properly i was not trying to hide any of the aftermarket parts. as far as you guys calling me a clown its not appreciated so please keep the immature comments to yourself, i am an honest dealer trying to make an honest living, i am a reputable dealer and thanks to everyone reporting me over the watch a listing limitation was put on my account where i am only aloud to list 15 watches a month for 6 months, so in other words you guys killed my business over nonsense, thank you for that. next time before blasting an honest seller think about the negative impacts on their end.
Jordan, the watch is 100% counterfeit. It is not even a genuine case, and as everyone knows, a genuine Rolex should have a genuine case. Because you disclosed the case as aftermarket does not change the fact that this is a cobbled together watch using Rolex parts. That does not, by any stretch of the imagination, make it a Rolex. Sorry.

INSTAGRAM USER NAME: SPRINGERJFP
Visit my Instagram page to view some of the finest vintage GMTs anywhere - as well as other vintage classics.
Old 3 September 2011, 12:14 PM   #43
pawnshopkiller
Banned

Watch: 16618
I'm sure he wont be starving for the next 6 months only being able to sell 15 watches a month? I have been using Ebay along time and have never heard of a restriction like this. Don't they just suspend you account? Sounds like a TROLL.
Old 3 September 2011, 05:26 PM   #44
Runnin' Rebel
"TRF" Member

David Gelerman, CEO of Global Time has had a fascination with luxury items such as Rolex watches, diamonds and rare/highly collectible coins since age 15! David strives for 100% customer satisfaction rates with his loyal customers on and off eBay! Global Time has sales on eBay exceeding $250000.00 per month and has maintained a Top-Rated Power seller status. We wholesale high end luxury items to the public and offer extraordinary pricing and deals of a lifetime so take advantage and choose us! All of our watches have been polished, cleaned and Look like brand new as our in house watch maker will thoroughly examine and inspect each watch before we list it on eBay, this is how we maintain our 5 Star ratings and and great feedback!

Maybe I'm reading it wrong
Old 3 September 2011, 05:33 PM   #45
dieseldragon
"TRF" Member

Watch: Ω & ♛
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAGERVEGAS View Post
David Gelerman, CEO of Global Time has had a fascination with luxury items such as Rolex watches, diamonds and rare/highly collectible coins since age 15! David strives for 100% customer satisfaction rates with his loyal customers on and off eBay! Global Time has sales on eBay exceeding $250000.00 per month and has maintained a Top-Rated Power seller status. We wholesale high end luxury items to the public and offer extraordinary pricing and deals of a lifetime so take advantage and choose us! All of our watches have been polished, cleaned and Look like brand new as our in house watch maker will thoroughly examine and inspect each watch before we list it on eBay, this is how we maintain our 5 Star ratings and and great feedback!

Maybe I'm reading it wrong
Yes, but in a post on trf that's linked to further up the page, he states he is 15 and then 16. So he can only be 16 ish now. http://50.30.33.71/~trfcom/showthrea...50#post2660250
Old 4 September 2011, 05:47 AM   #46
rolexmonsters
Banned

Watch: 116505ROSE daytona
look everyone david is my father and in all honesty we are done selling any after market parts, i am a reputable dealer and the aftermarket parts are not worth the trouble, in my defense there was nothing wrong with my daytona clock and it was not chinese. sorry about any aggrivation im just trying to defend my business as would any of you if you were in my position.
Old 4 September 2011, 06:13 AM   #47
greekbum
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex GMT 16750
Quote:
look everyone david is my father and in all honesty we are done selling any after market parts, i am a reputable dealer and the aftermarket parts are not worth the trouble, in my defense there was nothing wrong with my daytona clock and it was not chinese. sorry about any aggrivation im just trying to defend my business as would any of you if you were in my position.
There is IMHO nothing wrong with aftermarket parts counterfeit or fake is another story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greekbum View Post
Since you are a forum member and a reputable dealer as you say can you teach us something for the 1000's of people that will read this thread today and in the future.This should clear up any confusion and reinstate your stellar reputation in the watch world if you feel it was damaged.You did mention all of the aftermarket parts but still called it a Rolex even with a ref#.You said the watch is not a FAKE above. Please tell us in your words (As a professional dealer) what is a watch that you described with a CUSTOM ITALIAN MADE CASE, CUSTOM ITALIAN MADE BRACELET, AFTERMARKET DIAMOND BEZEL, is this an authentic Rolex? Of course its not its a wacth that was made to look like a Rolex but it isnt.Some people call these watches fake or counterfeit and if you take it to Rolex they will most likely confiscate it. If you still think it is not a fake please explain to us how it is an authentic Rolex. When did Rolex make cases and bracelets in Italy? The only thing that I noticed based on your pictures and description was maybe the dial was authentic. There was no mention of movement type or pictures but just because a kit car has a Chevy engine doesn't make it a Chevy does it? We are all here to learn and maybe you being the reputable dealer that you are can teach us something? I don't think anybody wanted to kill your business. Can you imagine though if somebody would have bought this watch thinking it was an authentic Rolex with hard earned money based on your reputation and latter found out it was a fake? Maybe it would have put them in the poor house.

Original Owner ROLEX 16750 GMT Daily Wearer For Over 13,000 Days And Counting
Old 4 September 2011, 06:20 AM   #48
rolexmonsters
Banned

i agree but the watch is not fake IMO, it does have an aftermarket case and band and i did go and edit the listing from a rolex submariner 16618 to just a submariner, the parts were solid 18K and the heart of the watch was a 3135 caliber movement and the dial of the watch was factory, and i did MELT THE WATCH DOWN, so it no longer exists i just have the bezel and movement. alls im asking is for everyone to stop trash talking my account, let my feedback speak for itself, its rather impressive. anyways thanks for hearing me out.
Old 4 September 2011, 06:26 AM   #49
freefly
"TRF" Member

Watch: 4&5-digit Sub/GMTs
Quote:
RE: The Rolex "clocks" - I thought that eBay user ID looked familar.

So, if you are "done selling" aftermarket/counterfeit parts, does that mean you are you going to cancel your current auctions for those "President" bracelets as well?
Old 4 September 2011, 06:35 AM   #50
rolexmonsters
Banned

my president bracelets are factory :)
Old 4 September 2011, 06:36 AM   #51
rolexmonsters
Banned

and that 1 clock was the first and last one i will be selling
Old 4 September 2011, 06:38 AM   #52
greekbum
"TRF" Member

Quote:
i agree but the watch is not fake IMO, it does have an aftermarket case and band and i did go and edit the listing from a rolex submariner 16618 to just a submariner, the parts were solid 18K and the heart of the watch was a 3135 caliber movement and the dial of the watch was factory, and i did MELT THE WATCH DOWN, so it no longer exists i just have the bezel and movement. alls im asking is for everyone to stop trash talking my account, let my feedback speak for itself, its rather impressive. anyways thanks for hearing me out.
Nobody is trash taking your account that I see. Anybody who buys and sells more than 50 watches is bound to make a mistake. Its when they don't admit to it that people label them as something other than reputable. Since you have stated numerous times that you are a reputable dealer and the watch in question is not fake. Will you say that it is an AUTHENTIC ROLEX WATCH produced by Rolex? If you cannot say this...... it is a fake or counterfeit watch made to fool somebody into thinking it is a real Rolex. The fact that you continue to say its not a FAKE Rolex say it all

Old 4 September 2011, 06:52 AM   #53
rolexmonsters
Banned

i dont believe its fake and there is no trying to fool anyone i CLEARLY disclosed aftermarket parts but i know where you are coming from, anyways im just trying to make a living im sure everyone here can understand that
Old 4 September 2011, 06:53 AM   #54
pawnshopkiller
Banned

I have been seeing this same crappy watch on Ebay for over a month. Maybe it was returned since it is fake. Why would you ask so much money for it? I doubt you melted it. I don't think that fits into you M.O.
Old 4 September 2011, 06:58 AM   #55
pawnshopkiller
Banned

I make an honest living. I have to deal with the negativity of the pawn shop stigma. You on the other hand are making a bad reputation for yourself. Blame yourself not the members here. They only want to help the less informed to not be scammed. Their intentions are honest and much appreciated. Just look what happened they got a fake solid gold replica off of ebay. Any consequence you suffer is of your own doing.

I have seen fakes like this.
You can read about one here.
http://www.timekeeperforum.com/showt...ght=fake+18038
Old 4 September 2011, 06:58 AM   #56
greekbum
"TRF" Member

Quote:
i dont believe its fake and there is no trying to fool anyone i CLEARLY disclosed aftermarket parts but i know where you are coming from, anyways im just trying to make a living im sure everyone here can understand that
Shame as you had a good chance on a reputable Rolex forum to clear it up and instead insist its not a fake and that you are just trying to make a living.(A living from somebody's misfortune?) Who in the future would trust you to buy a Rolex when you don't even admit when caught trying to sell a fake that it was a fake and that it was a mistake?

As another forum member said: You on the other hand are making a bad reputation for yourself. Blame yourself not the members here. They only want to help the less informed to not be scammed. Their intentions are honest and much appreciated. Just look what happened they got a fake solid gold replica off of ebay. Any consequence you suffer is of your own doing

Old 4 September 2011, 07:02 AM   #57
pawnshopkiller
Banned

and here.
http://www.timekeeperforum.com/showt...ght=fake+16618
I BET YOURS HAD serial numbers and case back stamps also.
that makes it fake.
not a homage but fake used to fool people and rip them off for hard earned money.
It would have been nice to pass it off as real huh? If some one had hit BIN and paid you wouldn't have ever mentioned a thing to them about all the hallmarks being put there by a third party.

I bet they wouldn't have know anything till they tried to have it serviced. And even then if it wasn't Rolex doing the work they still might have not found out.
Old 4 September 2011, 07:03 AM   #58
rolexmonsters
Banned

its not fake!!! and i did melt it, i got exactly 5k for the case and bracelet, and i was not asking that much for it, the scrap of case and bracelet was 5k, the movement is worth a solid 2k and the bezel has good stones and is worth about another 2k, exactly what i was asking for the watch. as far as me making a bad reputation for myself i would disagree, my reputation is great, i tried to sell one watch that had aftermarket parts and thousands more all factory and for the one watch im giving myself a bad reputation?????
Old 4 September 2011, 07:04 AM   #59
freefly
"TRF" Member

Watch: 4&5-digit Sub/GMTs
Quote:
my president bracelets are factory :)
Are you sure?

If so, those are some of the sloppiest factory tool marks on the clasps I've ever seen:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 483152979_o.jpg (72.4 KB, 438 views)
Old 4 September 2011, 07:05 AM   #60
rolexmonsters
Banned

and it did not have serial numbers or stamps either and there is nothing to find out... IT WAS CLEARLY disclosed, you guys are almost accusing me of trying to hide the aftermarket parts which i am not!!
Closed Thread