The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 12 April 2024, 08:09 AM   #1
logix1229
"TRF" Member

Adding Lumed hour and minutes hands to non lumed day date

I have the DD40 with romans and while i love the watch, the one thing that is starting to bother me is not having any lume at all. The configurations with the stick index hour markers have lumed hour and minutes hands...is it possible if i go to rolex service center and request they put the lumed hour and minutes hands in, would they do it?

(yes i know i can always pull out my phone in dark spaces but...still...the ability to quickly glance at my watch in low light environments and still be able to tell time quickly is beneficial to me.

Has anyone been able to get this done through rolex service center? or would i have to go through a 3rd party?
logix1229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 April 2024, 10:32 AM   #2
sunnygps
2024 Pledge Member

RSC will not do just the hands, like your request on a Roman numerical dial. They will replace the dial and the hands to match the sticks dial as long as the said dial was offered for that reference number.

I am told that the new policy from Rolex is that they will not allow a dial swap for the watch which is still under Rolex original warranty.
sunnygps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 April 2024, 11:30 AM   #3
jtorrebl
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: what’s next.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnygps View Post
RSC will not do just the hands, like your request on a Roman numerical dial. They will replace the dial and the hands to match the sticks dial as long as the said dial was offered for that reference number.

I am told that the new policy from Rolex is that they will not allow a dial swap for the watch which is still under Rolex original warranty.
correct. watch has to be out of the 5 year warranty, I changed dial colors at RSC Beverly Hills last year on a DJ41. They require a full service and to change the hands as well to make sure the lume matched.

Romans are too nice though. they make the DD40 special. sticks is a downgrade and makes it look like a DJ
jtorrebl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12 April 2024, 11:58 AM   #4
77T
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

The best bet is an independent watchmaker who can install the hands you source yourself (or maybe has what you want already).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Does anyone really know what time it is?
77T is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12 April 2024, 02:17 PM   #5
996marty
"TRF" Member

Watch: RolexGMT/Tudor7928
Independent is definitely the way to go and if you do a search quite a few will come recommended
996marty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12 April 2024, 02:36 PM   #6
Patekfinder
Banned

Rolliworks can do this no problem

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Patekfinder is offline   Reply With Quote