The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 10 April 2024, 03:09 AM   #31
Roddypeepa
"TRF" Member

Watch: DJ41 SubC SMPCcoax
I am more interested in this than anything from the crown this year. But… home run. Not quite. Gilt, Coke is not quite what most of us want. What we want is really the 6542 Pepsi. In my opinion of course.

I’m sure this will be coming on due course.

And I love the fact it has micro adjust. Why on earth they couldn’t do that for the regular gmt though?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Roddypeepa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 April 2024, 03:33 AM   #32
yesnaya
"TRF" Member

Tudor appeals to a lot of people.... esp the black bay. I might consider it if the indexes were square instead of round (to match the hour hand), and if the bracelet didnt have the faux rivets. They are almost there... but may never get there.
Old 10 April 2024, 03:54 AM   #33
Car32
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesnaya View Post
Tudor appeals to a lot of people.... esp the black bay. I might consider it if the indexes were square instead of round (to match the hour hand), and if the bracelet didnt have the faux rivets. They are almost there... but may never get there.
Pelagos 39 or FXD.
Car32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 April 2024, 04:03 AM   #34
knighty88
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Explorer 214270
I like that Tudor are trying to design and develop things that appeal to us all… granted they’ll never please everyone - but they’re certainly innovating.

I’m all for it and can only see it delivering greater success for the brand longer term. As ever with these releases I need to see the watches in person and try them on… but that BB58 GMT looks nice, as does the monochrome BB.
knighty88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 April 2024, 06:24 AM   #35
jfmiii
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16750/16800/126710
Quote:
Originally Posted by yesnaya View Post
I received a BB58 Blue as a birthday present this year. Phenomenal watch for the money. I too hate the fake rivets. I bought a Ranger bracelet that includes the t-fit and no rivets, and it is a perfect fit. Elevates the watch so much. I am assuming the 39mm GMT Coke will accept a Ranger bracelet as well if they are using the same cases as the other BB58s.
jfmiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 April 2024, 06:28 AM   #36
0nly5iv3Digits
"TRF" Member

Watch: Got a Few :)
While the new 58 GMT isn't my bag (color-wise), it is no doubt a home run. Tudor is killing it year upon year. All part of Rolex's bigger plan imo. Will not be surprised to see them continue to dominate.

Will be fantastic in subsequent years when we get that blue/red, lose the gilt etc..

Damn, that case thickness though! Wowzers!

UNpolished or I’m not interested” 😎
2FA Enabled
0nly5iv3Digits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 April 2024, 10:15 AM   #37
Rollieo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfmiii View Post
I received a BB58 Blue as a birthday present this year. Phenomenal watch for the money. I too hate the fake rivets. I bought a Ranger bracelet that includes the t-fit and no rivets, and it is a perfect fit. Elevates the watch so much. I am assuming the 39mm GMT Coke will accept a Ranger bracelet as well if they are using the same cases as the other BB58s.

Can you post some pictures? Would love to put a rubber strap with clasp on my BB58.
Rollieo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 April 2024, 11:56 AM   #38
Lol-x
Facilitator

The narrow thin font on the bezel insert is unfortunate.

Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be. ~Abraham Lincoln
Nothing compares to the simple pleasure of a bike ride. ~John F. Kennedy

ROLEXploitation - yeah I'm a victim
Lol-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 April 2024, 12:10 PM   #39
No SUBctitute
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Know1isgod View Post
BB58GMT white dial on a Jubilee should have been a no-brainer. Also $32k solid gold Tudor? Not understanding the strategy on that one.
^This^

You are telling me that someone ain't going to scrounge up another 7 grand for this bad boy?
Attached Images
File Type: png Screen Shot 2024-04-09 at 10.07.22 PM.png (279.2 KB, 249 views)
No SUBctitute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 April 2024, 09:55 AM   #40
Jamhot
"TRF" Member

The BB58 GMT is the watch everyone was asking for when the very first BB58 came out. They even created a brand new METAS certified movement to make sure it remained thin. Tudor actually listened to its customers. I am not going to let a bit of gilt stop me from getting one once it hits the shops. Also the Black Bay Pro II Master Chronometer when this movement gets in there
Jamhot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 April 2024, 10:07 AM   #41
derklink
"TRF" Member

Watch: amacallit
Quote:
Originally Posted by No SUBctitute View Post
^This^

You are telling me that someone ain't going to scrounge up another 7 grand for this bad boy?
7? 20 that is
derklink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 April 2024, 12:09 PM   #42
No SUBctitute
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by derklink View Post
7? 20 that is
Negative, buddy. Check the websites. The difference is $7,000.
Old 11 April 2024, 03:19 PM   #43
Torshalla
"TRF" Member

32k for a Tudor is difficult to understand for me… if you have 32k for a gold watch, you can probably spare the extra 7k and get the Rolex for 39k.
Or maybe some people want both or are really Tudor fans…
Torshalla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 April 2024, 04:18 PM   #44
Scottyboy
"TRF" Member

Watch: GP Laureato
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lol-x View Post
The narrow thin font on the bezel insert is unfortunate.
Same font used as the BB54 I beleive, I think it looks good and suits the style well.
Scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 April 2024, 05:49 PM   #45
rockysw
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torshalla View Post
32k for a Tudor is difficult to understand for me… if you have 32k for a gold watch, you can probably spare the extra 7k and get the Rolex for 39k.
Or maybe some people want both or are really Tudor fans…
i think it is for people who already have the gold rolexes. and 32k is like pocket change.
rockysw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 April 2024, 06:23 PM   #46
Scottyboy
"TRF" Member

Watch: GP Laureato
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockysw View Post
i think it is for people who already have the gold rolexes. and 32k is like pocket change.
No disrespect to Tudor, but if I own multiple Rolex PM models, I am not spending 32k on a PM Tudor, despite it being like pocket change. Saying that, I do own a Submariner and recently bought a BB54, but when in the realms of PM, I can't see the average Rolex owner wanting to take a backwards step towards a Tudor.

More likely, this watch will be used as a 'relationship builder', for aspiring Rolex, AP and PP owners.
Scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 April 2024, 06:40 PM   #47
Torshalla
"TRF" Member

Tudor New BB58 Variations - A Home Run

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockysw View Post

That’s the thing though… if 32k is pocket money, so is 39k…
To put it in perspective at my level, i would buy the top brand at 390 usd rather than a sub brand at 320 usd… same with an extra 0… same with one less 0 :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Torshalla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 April 2024, 06:59 PM   #48
winst
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamhot View Post
The BB58 GMT is the watch everyone was asking for when the very first BB58 came out. They even created a brand new METAS certified movement to make sure it remained thin. Tudor actually listened to its customers. I am not going to let a bit of gilt stop me from getting one once it hits the shops. Also the Black Bay Pro II Master Chronometer when this movement gets in there
Funny thing is, when you wear a BB Pro as a daily long term, you don’t notice the height ‘problem’ & it’s really comfortable due to having a good footprint. Also, the accuracy is scarily good - it s the most accurate watch I have. I’m not sure they will thin it out and put the METAS into it. If not don’t let that put you off - it’s an outstanding timepiece! I tend to wear it on the t-fit bracelet during the Autumn / Winter and a generic Crafter Blue Black FKM strap during Spring / Summer or if I want a more below the radar look. I could see them possibly making a Tfit clasp rubber option like the BB GMT available for the BB Pro, which would be great and I’d buy one to add it to mine.

Too much gilt on the BB58 GMT for me by the way - but look forward to some tempting variations for the future.
winst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 April 2024, 09:07 PM   #49
Driver8
"TRF" Member

I think the latest BB's from Tudor (AKA the Black Bay Watch Company) look pretty nice, and they certainly seem to listen to watch customers want. If there isn't now something for everyone in the BB line, I don't what is.

That said, I do think it's a shame they concentrate so much on that one line (in all its forms) at the expense of everything else. But yes, the new BB's look nice, even the gold one!
Old 13 April 2024, 02:19 PM   #50
No SUBctitute
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by winst View Post
Funny thing is, when you wear a BB Pro as a daily long term, you don’t notice the height ‘problem’ & it’s really comfortable due to having a good footprint. Also, the accuracy is scarily good - it s the most accurate watch I have. I’m not sure they will thin it out and put the METAS into it. If not don’t let that put you off - it’s an outstanding timepiece! I tend to wear it on the t-fit bracelet during the Autumn / Winter and a generic Crafter Blue Black FKM strap during Spring / Summer or if I want a more below the radar look. I could see them possibly making a Tfit clasp rubber option like the BB GMT available for the BB Pro, which would be great and I’d buy one to add it to mine.

Too much gilt on the BB58 GMT for me by the way - but look forward to some tempting variations for the future.
They will thin it with the new BB58GMT METAS movement and rename it the Ranger II. How do I know? My cousin's girlfriend's Dad works at Tudor and told me. Duh.