The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex WatchTech

Old 31 March 2014, 02:56 AM   #1
LandLawMan
"TRF" Member

Watch: Marco Milandri BMW
Kids: *DO* try this at home!

I just realized that I have had a stethoscope in the house ever since my kids we're little. (And yes, I can hear you laughing. it's pink, OK?!?!?!?)

Place your watch on its face, and let the weight of the bracelet hold the stethoscope chest-plate down on the watch (so that you don't hear your own pulse by virtue of physical contact with the chest-plate's "button" (technically, the "low frequency bell").

FASCINATING!!!! The vocal performer with the greatest tonal range, is the newest model Sub. Odd, because it's among the oldest movements (3135). The 3135 in the DateJust is timid and meek in comparison (perhaps attributable to the lack of structural rigidity of the case. It certainly doesn't compare to the Bulk of the Hulk). The GMT-II is a close second to the Sub., and the Zenith Daytona is about as exciting as attending a lecture on supply-side economics by George Will, when both George Will and you are on Valium.

But back to the Sub.: The clicking remains constant throughout the seconds hand cycle, as dependable as your grandfather when you were six years old, asking him for a quarter.

But as the seconds hand departs from physical proximity with the minutes hand, a deep, rich tone with a surprising amount of reverb beings to emanate, as if the seconds hand is beginning an incantation of mourning the separation from its best friend.

Although this deep monotone of lamentation has a distinct beginning for each pulse of the seconds hand, the tone stays powerfully present throughout. At about 15 seconds after departure from the minutes hand, a beautifully delicate, airy high pitch floats its way into the aura, as stealthily as a tonal cloud, wafting on meandering currents of rich, deep tonal fluidity.

Far from overpowering its baritone predecessor, this lovely soprano angel song perfectly harmonizes. The two tones remain faithful throughout the seconds hand cycle until the erstwhile minutes hand again comes into view. Then, both tones abandon the seconds hand, leaving it to its rhythmic solo, until the seconds hand once again slips the surly bonds of the minutes hand, and initiates anew its Swiss-made chorus.

Or perhaps I should just get a life.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (76.6 KB, 262 views)
LandLawMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 March 2014, 03:01 AM   #2
threemonkeys
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMTIIc, AK, LVc
We both need a life. I'm going to try this with my stethoscope.
threemonkeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 April 2014, 07:50 AM   #3
rmfnla
"TRF" Member

Watch: TT DJ
Why is your bezel not zeroed at 12:00 and how can you sleep with it like that..?