The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 15 June 2018, 03:30 AM   #121
dmash
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tudorbaja27 View Post
I had them 2-0 as well in the Predictor. Just a bit off
I really didn't expect that. I mean, I didn't think Saudi would do much other than a fluke goal........but I didn't think Russia would look that decent. Been putting in the practice time to represent the home squad, I see you Russia, I see you.
dmash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 June 2018, 03:33 AM   #122
tudorbaja27
"TRF" Member

Watch: Tudor & Cartier
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmash View Post
I really didn't expect that. I mean, I didn't think Saudi would do much other than a fluke goal........but I didn't think Russia would look that decent. Been putting in the practice time to represent the home squad, I see you Russia, I see you.
Haha yea - though in all fairness Saudi Arabia looked like me trying to kick a ball drunk. No cohesion, no vision, inability to make a simple pass, or do anything for that matter
Old 15 June 2018, 03:38 AM   #123
dmash
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Haha yea - though in all fairness Saudi Arabia looked like me trying to kick a ball drunk. No cohesion, no vision, inability to make a simple pass, or do anything for that matter
IDK what your channel showed.....but the funniest part of the match.......was how German TV would show Putin shaking the Saudi Crown Prince's hand, each and every time Russia scored a goal. As if he was saying 'yes, welcome to Russia, thank you'
Old 15 June 2018, 03:50 AM   #124
Zakalwe
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Now it’d be a brilliant story if Saudi of all teams actually were playing the game whilst pissed.
Zakalwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 June 2018, 04:16 AM   #125
tudorbaja27
"TRF" Member

Quote:
IDK what your channel showed.....but the funniest part of the match.......was how German TV would show Putin shaking the Saudi Crown Prince's hand, each and every time Russia scored a goal. As if he was saying 'yes, welcome to Russia, thank you'
Yeah - I watched it on Fox sports (no comment about commentators ). They showed the same image a few times, and then at the end Putin gesticulating as if to say "what do you want me to do, we're this good"
Old 15 June 2018, 10:26 AM   #126
Roll the Lex
"TRF" Member

Only got to watch the first 15min of the game before I had to go back to work...
There better be nothing tomorrow for me to do at work at 2pm...
Roll the Lex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 June 2018, 10:32 AM   #127
Star Ferry
Banned

Quote:
I was wondering if Russia found a covert way to drug the Saudi team
Star Ferry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 June 2018, 11:18 AM   #128
tudorbaja27
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star Ferry View Post
I was wondering if Russia found a covert way to drug the Saudi team
Old 15 June 2018, 12:39 PM   #129
Runnin' Rebel
"TRF" Member

Sent from my iPad while on the beach
Old 15 June 2018, 03:35 PM   #130
Rolex Essex
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona, DJ & Sub
Wtf! Portugal has the same odds as England?
Didn’t they just won the Euro cup recently?
Rolex Essex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 June 2018, 03:54 PM   #131
Runnin' Rebel
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Gotta love business mixing with latin blood
Try marrying Latin Blood. That's real work
Old 15 June 2018, 04:20 PM   #132
cvera
"TRF" Member

I'm just catching up on today's games. Can't watch them during work, but watching recorded games just isn't as exciting.
cvera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 June 2018, 06:24 PM   #133
City74
Banned

Watch: Speedy Reduced
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nail Tech View Post

Yea that’s a head scratcher
City74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 June 2018, 06:59 PM   #134
Zakalwe
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nail Tech View Post
Portugal are rubbish!

OK maybe “rubbish” is overstating it and yes they won the Euro’s but so have Denmark and Greece in my living memory. Portugal were incredibly lucky in 2016. They came third in a group containing the might of Hungary, Austria and Iceland and didn’t win a game. I’m not sure that’s ever happened in the Euro’s. They then narrowly beat a decent but not stellar Croatia, needed pens to beat International journeyman team Poland and were massively jammy to draw Wales in the semis. Obviously France in the final were on paper a fabulous team but they played terribly and still should’ve won that game several times over. Deschamps is a poor manager and he will hamper France in this campaign.

They won that tournament by winning 1 game out of 7 in normal time, which is astonishing and unlikely to be repeated any time soon.

Portugal really aren’t very good, Ronaldo aside (and even he may be past the stage where he is able to carry the team on his own) and I wouldn’t be surprised if either Morocco or Iran turn them over and knock them out in the group stages.
Old 15 June 2018, 08:54 PM   #135
cedargrove
"TRF" Member

Watch: Milgauss, GMT IIc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakalwe View Post
Portugal are rubbish!

OK maybe “rubbish” is overstating it and yes they won the Euro’s but so have Denmark and Greece in my living memory. Portugal were incredibly lucky in 2016. They came third in a group containing the might of Hungary, Austria and Iceland and didn’t win a game. I’m not sure that’s ever happened in the Euro’s. They then narrowly beat a decent but not stellar Croatia, needed pens to beat International journeyman team Poland and were massively jammy to draw Wales in the semis. Obviously France in the final were on paper a fabulous team but they played terribly and still should’ve won that game several times over. Deschamps is a poor manager and he will hamper France in this campaign.

They won that tournament by winning 1 game out of 7 in normal time, which is astonishing and unlikely to be repeated any time soon.

Portugal really aren’t very good, Ronaldo aside (and even he may be past the stage where he is able to carry the team on his own) and I wouldn’t be surprised if either Morocco or Iran turn them over and knock them out in the group stages.
I'm a Portugal fan and would agree with most of this. Despite winning Euro, it wasn't convincing. Hoping for a strong showing today.
cedargrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 June 2018, 09:13 PM   #136
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
Interesting that the Euros can throw up an outsider winner, but the WCs never do, in fact the continent rule plays a huge role in selecting the winner, Germany winning in the Americas was a big change, maybe a new dawn, but still the Europeans tend to only win in Europe since Sweden 58.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 June 2018, 09:21 PM   #137
Zakalwe
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK797 View Post
Interesting that the Euros can throw up an outsider winner, but the WCs never do, in fact the continent rule plays a huge role in selecting the winner, Germany winning in the Americas was a big change, maybe a new dawn, but still the Europeans tend to only win in Europe since Sweden 58.
Yeah it is a bit odd.

The beauty of football is that the best team doesn’t always win - both in terms of individual matches and tournaments/cup competitions. Even league titles occasionally a la Leicester City. Yet, as you say, a fancied team if not the outright favourite always wins the WC.
Old 15 June 2018, 11:34 PM   #138
tudorbaja27
"TRF" Member

Egypt Uruguay kind of garbage so far. Maybe I should work for a while and enjoy Portugal Spain with a few brews later on
Old 15 June 2018, 11:41 PM   #139
dmash
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Egypt Uruguay kind of garbage so far. Maybe I should work for a while and enjoy Portugal Spain with a few brews later on
Typical Uruguay. Great individual players with suarez and cavani, etc, but absolutely no cohesion.

And actually, Suarez looks horrendous. Cavani has had a few good looks though.

Edit: man, that free kick looked NICE

Edit2: There goes Egypt’s chances at making it out
Old 16 June 2018, 01:07 AM   #140
tudorbaja27
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Typical Uruguay. Great individual players with suarez and cavani, etc, but absolutely no cohesion.

And actually, Suarez looks horrendous. Cavani has had a few good looks though.

Edit: man, that free kick looked NICE

Edit2: There goes Egypt’s chances at making it out
Haha indeed. Morocco Iran presents little interest (for me personally) - waiting for Portugal Spain.

Are you also doing the predictor through the FIFA app? We created a league with some friends - each threw in $30. Makes it a bit more fun and engaging.
Old 16 June 2018, 01:49 AM   #141
Zakalwe
"TRF" Member

The Morocco-Iran game is pretty good value so far, entertaining game.

I long, ache for Portugal to get absolutely battered tonight. I have nothing against the country (which is lovely - good wine too) the people or even the football team. I just want to see Ronaldo cry.
Old 16 June 2018, 02:32 AM   #142
tudorbaja27
"TRF" Member

Quote:
The Morocco-Iran game is pretty good value so far, entertaining game.

I long, ache for Portugal to get absolutely battered tonight. I have nothing against the country (which is lovely - good wine too) the people or even the football team. I just want to see Ronaldo cry.
Haha! I have them upsetting Spain. A long shot but with the recent coaching change - worth the odds
Old 16 June 2018, 02:50 AM   #143
Zakalwe
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Haha! I have them upsetting Spain. A long shot but with the recent coaching change - worth the odds
Yeah the coach thing is absolutely crazy. The Spanish federation managed to shoot themselves in the balls and both feet in one shot.

I still think Spain will win handily but if I had to put money on one outcome it’d be that Ramos will get yellow-carded for putting a reducer on Ronaldo at some point in the game.
Old 16 June 2018, 02:57 AM   #144
tudorbaja27
"TRF" Member

And Iran with the stunner! Definitely did not expect that.
Old 16 June 2018, 05:03 AM   #145
dmash
"TRF" Member

What were you guys saying about portugal?!?!
Old 16 June 2018, 05:07 AM   #146
Zakalwe
"TRF" Member

Quote:
What were you guys saying about portugal?!?!
It’s a game of two halves.

But it’s not looking good.

Bloody Ronaldo.
Old 16 June 2018, 05:09 AM   #147
dmash
"TRF" Member

Quote:
It’s a game of two halves.

But it’s not looking good.

Bloody Ronaldo.
They don't even look that good! Portugal just seems to pull it out of the hat though......

EDIT: WTF HAHAHA 3-2!?
Old 16 June 2018, 05:46 AM   #148
dmash
"TRF" Member

HE IS THE REAL DEAL THIS WC

A HAT TRICK GOAL TO TIE IT AT 88’?!?! He came to WIN IT this year
Old 16 June 2018, 05:48 AM   #149
MonBK
Banned

Quote:
Portugal are rubbish!

Another typical example of how difficult it is to be a at home sitting couch "expert".
MonBK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 June 2018, 05:49 AM   #150
Zakalwe
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonBK View Post
Another typical example of how difficult it is to be a at home sitting couch "expert".
Where would the fun be in sitting on the fence?!

I’m not a fan of the man but the guy is a complete machine. Despite the fact he’s a poser he probably works harder than anybody at making himself the best player he can be and he always has done.

Portugal really aren’t very good.

But Bloody Ronaldo is ridiculous.