The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX


Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Ω Omega Discussion Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19 October 2020, 09:43 AM   #421
subtona
2020 SUBMARINER Pledge Member
 
subtona's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Real Name: gus
Location: East Coast
Watch: APK & sometimes Y
Posts: 23,332
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phooi View Post
Sadly yes if youíre trying to buy a casioak.
NICE WATCH
__________________
subtona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 October 2020, 09:59 AM   #422
Phooi
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: California
Posts: 829
Quote:
Originally Posted by subtona View Post
NICE WATCH
I agree!
Phooi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19 October 2020, 10:09 AM   #423
nr1416
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 224
Quote:
Originally Posted by greengold View Post
Absolutely agree Omega are moving away from the LE format and toward undisclosed LP which is the Rolex model and much more exclusive, something Omega have striven to match Rolex in terms of appeal
Totally agree.

Omega now has the watch to do just that....unless they completely flood the market with these Snoopys a 3, 4 years production run. I think the key is get these watches to the people that want them and hopefully people don't start flipping them everywhere.

Sent from my SM-G975W using Tapatalk
nr1416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 October 2020, 02:09 PM   #424
dchang81
2020 Pledge Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Cleveland
Posts: 977
That's the problem I have with this. I'm sure everyone and their mom is trying to get this to flip seeing how crazy the 2014 is going for. As much as I loved snoopy growing up. 10k there's a lot of choices.
dchang81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 October 2020, 11:45 PM   #425
salnuaimi
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: Dubai
Posts: 38
Reserved mine. Hopefully will get it soon
salnuaimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 October 2020, 01:50 AM   #426
greengold
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: uk
Posts: 308
Quote:
Originally Posted by nr1416 View Post
Totally agree.

Omega now has the watch to do just that....unless they completely flood the market with these Snoopys a 3, 4 years production run. I think the key is get these watches to the people that want them and hopefully people don't start flipping them everywhere.

Sent from my SM-G975W using Tapatalk
Indeed I think the 'lists' will mean little it will be down to previous spend etc...just like Rolex
greengold is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22 October 2020, 06:20 AM   #427
cardiel
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: uk
Posts: 245
was in the Glasgow boutique today - 10% down = £825.....'next year' was the best they could advise. Didn't go for it though - the blue just isn't doing it for me and the cost is....
cardiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 October 2020, 11:15 AM   #428
Rollieo
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: USA
Posts: 167
I hope demand is weak in geographies outside the US and they decide to allocate a larger portion of the worldwide production to the US. Seems like itís only 10-15% right now. Can easily be 20-35% instead.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rollieo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22 October 2020, 11:53 AM   #429
greengold
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: uk
Posts: 308
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollieo View Post
I hope demand is weak in geographies outside the US and they decide to allocate a larger portion of the worldwide production to the US. Seems like itís only 10-15% right now. Can easily be 20-35% instead.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Snoopy is big in asia apparently
greengold is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22 October 2020, 12:19 PM   #430
ravellee
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Singapore
Posts: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by greengold View Post
Snoopy is big in asia apparently
Yes, i am from Singapore and snoopy is very big here. waitlist in the boutique is in the 1000s. Was told by the manager that Singapore is a top 5 market worldwide for Omega
ravellee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 October 2020, 01:20 PM   #431
isaac225
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2020
Location: SIngapore
Posts: 1
same here Singapore,got inform by OMEGA AD boutique the waiting list is 4 digit and almost impossible to get 1 if you are not the regular customer.
isaac225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 October 2020, 12:09 AM   #432
Nicolamilton
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Location: ES
Posts: 32
Today I've received a mail from my Boutique in Madrid.
They are receiving them next week, and deliveries will start as well.
From the waiting list: All contacted simultaneously. First payed, first served.
Was asked for the whole amount, and of course, no discount offered.
I have just paid it.
Do you think I should have waited and look for discounts?
Nicolamilton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 October 2020, 12:12 AM   #433
Nicolamilton
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Location: ES
Posts: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by cardiel View Post
was in the Glasgow boutique today - 10% down = £825.....'next year' was the best they could advise. Didn't go for it though - the blue just isn't doing it for me and the cost is....
I thought no discounts would be offered on this one. I have just paid one: 9600Ä. No discounts at all.
Nicolamilton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 October 2020, 12:20 AM   #434
khalifam
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: in a home...
Posts: 419
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicolamilton View Post
I thought no discounts would be offered on this one. I have just paid one: 9600Ä. No discounts at all.
Watch is £8250 and 10% of that is £825......

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk
khalifam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23 October 2020, 12:21 AM   #435
Nicolamilton
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Location: ES
Posts: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by khalifam View Post
Watch is £8250 and 10% of that is £825......

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk
Great price, considering demand, and that I thought they wouldn't offer any.
Nicolamilton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 October 2020, 12:31 AM   #436
khalifam
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: in a home...
Posts: 419
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicolamilton View Post
Great price, considering demand, and that I thought they wouldn't offer any.
LOL NOOOO, the deposit is 10%!!!!!

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk
khalifam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23 October 2020, 12:34 AM   #437
Nicolamilton
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Location: ES
Posts: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by khalifam View Post
LOL NOOOO, the deposit is 10%!!!!!

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk
Ah!
Thought it was 10% off
Sorry for my English
Nicolamilton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 October 2020, 12:35 AM   #438
khalifam
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: in a home...
Posts: 419
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicolamilton View Post
Ah!
Thought it was 10% off
you silly sausage

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk
khalifam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27 October 2020, 11:06 AM   #439
danicasi2002
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 325
what is the consensus among ADs/Boutiques on when this model will be available for folks to start picking them up? Dec 2020 or ...just next year? thanks.
danicasi2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 October 2020, 11:22 AM   #440
mg18
"TRF" Member
 
mg18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Toronto
Watch: SubC 116610LN
Posts: 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by danicasi2002 View Post
what is the consensus among ADs/Boutiques on when this model will be available for folks to start picking them up? Dec 2020 or ...just next year? thanks.
I was told 3-5 months in Toronto from October. So January - March expected.
mg18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 October 2020, 12:03 PM   #441
Phooi
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: California
Posts: 829
Quote:
Originally Posted by danicasi2002 View Post
what is the consensus among ADs/Boutiques on when this model will be available for folks to start picking them up? Dec 2020 or ...just next year? thanks.
Omega website says end of October. Fratello said beginning of November. This is only for OBs. History says who knows!
Phooi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27 October 2020, 12:06 PM   #442
greengold
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: uk
Posts: 308
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phooi View Post
Omega website says end of October. Fratello said beginning of November. This is only for OBs. History says who knows!
Wiseman also said never pay full price for late pizza
greengold is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27 October 2020, 05:35 PM   #443
Nicolamilton
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Location: ES
Posts: 32
Omega Boutique in Madrid told me this week would start receiving and hopefully, delivering them.
Nicolamilton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 October 2020, 10:11 PM   #444
greengold
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: uk
Posts: 308
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicolamilton View Post
Omega Boutique in Madrid told me this week would start receiving and hopefully, delivering them.
I'd be surprised head of production omega said end of november
greengold is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27 October 2020, 10:15 PM   #445
Nicolamilton
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Location: ES
Posts: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by greengold View Post
I'd be surprised head of production omega said end of november
I guess they were too optimistic in their email to collect the whole amount.
So you are probably right, as today I've phoned again and they don't know exactly when they are receiving them.
Nicolamilton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 October 2020, 11:10 PM   #446
Ringhio
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Location: NYC
Posts: 133
First deliveries are early November.
Customers that are on top of the list will receive it within the next two weeks.
The rate of production is really slow and Omega is releasing watches in small batches.
Biggest boutiques are expecting an allocation of 15-20 pieces distributed during the first year.
In Europe it seems that the request is lower than US, so the waiting time could be a bit better.
Also, in Europe they are taking partial deposits or no deposits to get on the official list.
So, it all depends on what is your position on the list.
Ringhio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 October 2020, 12:03 AM   #447
mmaggi
"TRF" Member
 
mmaggi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Real Name: Michael
Location: Nassau County, NY
Watch: 16710
Posts: 801
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringhio View Post
First deliveries are early November.
Customers that are on top of the list will receive it within the next two weeks.
The rate of production is really slow and Omega is releasing watches in small batches.
Biggest boutiques are expecting an allocation of 15-20 pieces distributed during the first year.
In Europe it seems that the request is lower than US, so the waiting time could be a bit better.
Also, in Europe they are taking partial deposits or no deposits to get on the official list.
So, it all depends on what is your position on the list.
If the boutiques are getting 15-20 pieces per year then this tells me that unless you placed a deposit, chances are you're NOT getting one.

Just my humble opinion: I believe Omega will be making/allocating more than 15-20 pieces per year to the boutiques so long as the demand is there. Again.... just my humble opinion.
mmaggi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 October 2020, 01:42 AM   #448
Ringhio
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Location: NYC
Posts: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmaggi View Post
If the boutiques are getting 15-20 pieces per year then this tells me that unless you placed a deposit, chances are you're NOT getting one.

Just my humble opinion: I believe Omega will be making/allocating more than 15-20 pieces per year to the boutiques so long as the demand is there. Again.... just my humble opinion.
Nope, they will not be allocating more at the moment, at least in the US.
First year production is estimated to be no more than 2000-2500 pieces for the whole market.
The estimate for the US market is about 500 pieces.
Biggest boutiques (flagstores) will get more substantial allocation, smaller boutiques will have less. ADs will get a very limited allocation.
You can check this with the OB that is working with you.
I'm pretty sure they will confirm this estimate.
Ringhio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 October 2020, 04:35 AM   #449
Bosscheto
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 153
I live in Switzerland, I am first on the list with my local AD and was told to expect allocation mid November, but take into account COVID. We are having a massive second wave - 3 times bigger than the first one, so highly probable lock downs in the coming days/weeks may interfere with production, logistics etc.
Bosscheto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 October 2020, 06:01 AM   #450
mmaggi
"TRF" Member
 
mmaggi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Real Name: Michael
Location: Nassau County, NY
Watch: 16710
Posts: 801
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosscheto View Post
I live in Switzerland, I am first on the list with my local AD and was told to expect allocation mid November, but take into account COVID. We are having a massive second wave - 3 times bigger than the first one, so highly probable lock downs in the coming days/weeks may interfere with production, logistics etc.
Excellent point that I overlooked.
mmaggi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (0 members and 2 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


*Banners Of The Month*
This space is provided to horological resources.





Copyright ©2004-2020, The Rolex Forums. All Rights Reserved.

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Rolex is a registered trademark of ROLEX USA. The Rolex Forums is not affiliated with ROLEX USA in any way.