The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 27 March 2024, 02:24 PM   #31
mickyd329
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/PP/Rolex
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCC watches View Post
AP House LA - really nice place. Lots of models to try on. Friendly staff. Had my wife and 6 year old with me and they were very accommodating. Also loved the private parking.

AP Boutique in Harrods - random visit while on vacation. Very friendly and kept bringing out models to try on.

I agree. The AP House in LA is a really nice place to visit. Friendly staff and vey accommodating. The private parking is a bonus.
PP 5205G-013/ PP 5212A / AP 15416CE /26574 st QP/ AP 50th 16202st /AP 15500st Black / AP 26405CE / AP 77350CE / AP 15551st / AP 67540sk /Daytona C White/Rolex SS BLRO / Rolex Sub Green / Rolex Explorer II/ Rolex DJ Blue
mickyd329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 March 2024, 03:27 PM   #32
VogelPhoenix
"TRF" Member

Adding a review: Had a quick visit at the Zuerich AP house yesterday. Gigantic and very impressive space in a former bank office in the heart of Zuerich. While my initial email contact was met with a somewhat Germanic level of politeness, the visit itself couldn't have been better (other than maybe having more unusual demo models available). It's interesting that the demo model selection is really pretty uniform across all the European and US boutiques. It's mostly in the Asian boutiques I have seen a large variety of limited editions and high end models.

Had a very pleasant chat with a friendly SA, a water and some chocolate, and confirmed that the steel bracelet from the 42mm ROO does not fit the Diver. The quick change mechanism looks like it almost matches, but in the end doesn't latch. Disappointing, as I would immediately jump on a green Diver with the bracelet (AP, are you listening?).

If you are wondering why the QP doubled in price over the last years, look no further than the $60k wallpaper in the Zuerich house bathroom
AP 15500ST Grey // 26237ST Beast // 26331ST Panda // 15450ST Blue // 77350CE Bucci // 26240CE 50th // 15407ST || Rolex 116520 White // 116710 BLNR // 126200 Blue || Omega Seamaster NTTD // Speedy Tokyo LE "Rising Sun" // Speedy cal. 321 "Ed White"
A timeless classic - Winding, ticking, faithful time - Golden crown of trust
VogelPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 March 2024, 04:27 PM   #33
lucasalce
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VogelPhoenix View Post
Adding a review: Had a quick visit at the Zuerich AP house yesterday. Gigantic and very impressive space in a former bank office in the heart of Zuerich. While my initial email contact was met with a somewhat Germanic level of politeness, the visit itself couldn't have been better (other than maybe having more unusual demo models available). It's interesting that the demo model selection is really pretty uniform across all the European and US boutiques. It's mostly in the Asian boutiques I have seen a large variety of limited editions and high end models.

Had a very pleasant chat with a friendly SA, a water and some chocolate, and confirmed that the steel bracelet from the 42mm ROO does not fit the Diver. The quick change mechanism looks like it almost matches, but in the end doesn't latch. Disappointing, as I would immediately jump on a green Diver with the bracelet (AP, are you listening?).

If you are wondering why the QP doubled in price over the last years, look no further than the $60k wallpaper in the Zuerich house bathroom
Haha I never realized the wallpaper but I will have to pay attention next time I'm there.
But yes the Zürich AP house is a wonderful space, even has a hidden outside area when the weather is nice.
People that work there are welcoming and knowledgeable.

Anything other than demo models are shown as a surprise or specific request when a clients visit.
lucasalce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 March 2024, 11:13 PM   #34
SpecialK888
"TRF" Member

If the collaboration with the ego that is John Mayer is an indication of the future direction of AP under its new CEO then I'm incredibly glad I gave up on my AP House journey.
SpecialK888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 March 2024, 07:32 AM   #35
stlblues
"TRF" Member

AP House Tokyo is open to current AP watch owners only. Booked an appointment and was promptly denied the next day with a canned email: "Unfortunately, in order to protect the privacy of local client our AP House Tokyo from 2023 change our business strategy become an exclusive salon for Audemars Piguet watch owners. There are currently 20 AP House around the world and AP House Tokyo is the only one open to owners only. This is a new challenge for us.

Therefore we will recommend you to visit another boutique in Tokyo to see and try more sample watches.
We are very regret to inform you that due to the imbalance between supply and demand our [redacted] boutique is also unable to take any request and order for any products but trying the watches. Even so if you wish to see some watches please use the link below and let our [redacted] boutique staff to help you make your own appointment."
stlblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 March 2024, 08:56 AM   #36
dauster
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlblues View Post
AP House Tokyo is open to current AP watch owners only. Booked an appointment and was promptly denied the next day with a canned email: "Unfortunately, in order to protect the privacy of local client our AP House Tokyo from 2023 change our business strategy become an exclusive salon for Audemars Piguet watch owners. There are currently 20 AP House around the world and AP House Tokyo is the only one open to owners only. This is a new challenge for us.

Therefore we will recommend you to visit another boutique in Tokyo to see and try more sample watches.
We are very regret to inform you that due to the imbalance between supply and demand our [redacted] boutique is also unable to take any request and order for any products but trying the watches. Even so if you wish to see some watches please use the link below and let our [redacted] boutique staff to help you make your own appointment."
damn better be a yoshida VIP in japan - they certainly are not looking to broadening the customer base
dauster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 March 2024, 09:10 AM   #37
Audevache
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Very particular strategy here… not sure I understand the logic of totally excluding new customers.

We will be traveling to Japan in some weeks, and my local AP house got us an appointment there, just out of interest. Very curious what to expect.
Audevache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 March 2024, 10:03 AM   #38
VogelPhoenix
"TRF" Member

Quote:
AP House Tokyo is open to current AP watch owners only. Booked an appointment and was promptly denied the next day with a canned email: "Unfortunately, in order to protect the privacy of local client our AP House Tokyo from 2023 change our business strategy become an exclusive salon for Audemars Piguet watch owners. There are currently 20 AP House around the world and AP House Tokyo is the only one open to owners only. This is a new challenge for us."
Interesting. Wonder if that's where the AP houses overall are headed. Private club, with the dues paid in the form of watch purchases.

Quote:
We are very regret to inform you that due to the imbalance between supply and demand our [redacted] boutique is also unable to take any request and order for any products but trying the watches
Doesn't look like retail demand has collapsed yet.
AP 15500ST Grey // 26237ST Beast // 26331ST Panda // 15450ST Blue // 77350CE Bucci // 26240CE 50th // 15407ST || Rolex 116520 White // 116710 BLNR // 126200 Blue || Omega Seamaster NTTD // Speedy Tokyo LE "Rising Sun" // Speedy cal. 321 "Ed White"
A timeless classic - Winding, ticking, faithful time - Golden crown of trust
VogelPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 March 2024, 11:13 AM   #39
Bartolo
"TRF" Member

The team is uniformly wonderful at the AP boutique in Boston. Friendly, super knowledgeable, very supportive of customers no matter how much they have or don't have to spend, and always very honest about what they can, can't, and maybe can do to get you the piece you want. Never false promises.

It's really designed to serve locals, and ends up being a place where local enthusiasts sometimes just end up meeting up by chance, and sitting on the couches and talking watches amongst ourselves as well as the staff.
Bartolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 March 2024, 12:43 PM   #40
gretch6364
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecialK888 View Post
If the collaboration with the ego that is John Mayer is an indication of the future direction of AP under its new CEO then I'm incredibly glad I gave up on my AP House journey.
Me too
gretch6364 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 March 2024, 02:03 PM   #41
7sins
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Better John Mayer than Travis Scott. Any day of the week.
Richard Mille RG RM030 || Richard Mille RM72ti || AP 26240 50TH Green Royal Oak Chrono || AP Royal Oak Blue JUMBO SS 15202ST || AP ROO Diver Green 15720ST || ♕ Rolex Platinum Daytona Diamond 116506 || Cartier Santos
7sins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 March 2024, 06:34 PM   #42
Audevache
"TRF" Member

Quote:

These things, particularly with a dedicated dial design, take longer than 3 months to set up and develop. So this is with all likelihood still an FHB collab. That said, to me this is a beautifully executed limited edition QP. What’s wrong with that?
Audevache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 March 2024, 09:45 PM   #43
In-N-Out
"TRF" Member

Quote:

interesting, I was just there a few weeks ago. very unfortunate to hear for new prospective clients, but I understand why. since AP has always been popular in Japan, they don't need to use the House to bring in any incremental revenue. it can just be a cost center and be used as an exclusive benefit / club for current owners in Japan or those who are traveling from NA/EU etc.

I kinda like that. honestly wouldn't mind if all houses moved to become exclusive for current owners only. having an exclusive club for only AP owners would only add to AP's exclusivity....this is something that PP & Rolex will never be able to do (both use AD's)

anyway, I've visited about a dozen boutiques and Houses across the world, including: Zurich House, London House, Los Angeles House, NYC House, Munich House, Tokyo House, Tokyo boutique, SCP, BH, Vegas, Dallas, Singapore, Riyadh, Osaka, and Seoul.

Tokyo house is far my favorite location and it was a wonderful experience. unfortunately they didn't let me try any of the many yamazaki bottles on the shelves...they actually told me most of those bottles were fake bc it was so hard to buy them...but I think I just wasn't VIP enough to get any

still had a good time though.

looking forward to checking out the Milan and Seoul house
In-N-Out is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29 March 2024, 06:40 AM   #44
edo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertengel View Post
AP Boutique Prague:

Store: In a good location, store is not huge but there is enough space to have private discussions, they seem to work on a "all customers must be attended to" basis which is my preferred but also may mean that they will ask you to wait outside if there are too many people.

Staff: Friendly with some of them being real watch guys/girls not just sellers, they are well informed and like to have discussion around the pieces once you are there, open to getting your feedback not just reading out the talking points.

Service experience: There were some issues with what the factory did regarding a service, they were proactive in fixing it and made me feel like they really meant it.

Inventory: good demo kits to show and try on

10/10 would harass them for royal oaks again!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dauster View Post
I think I follow the manager on IG Kirill something - alwasy post cool content
I know that about Prague boutique, but also glad to hear about other boutiques/houses being run by real watch guys. Because basically we spend here our free time writing/talking all day about watches and someone is paid for that, and being a watch guy helps your shift pass lot quicker if you spend it talking watches with another watch guy...

During busiest SIHH times, Kirill always answered my private messages on Instagram and even shared some content he did not share on his IG... never been a Prague customer, not a watch blogger, just a watch guy with zero post on IG... and that is all about, sharing passion about watches...

I visited Istanbul boutique in times when with Merhaba arkadas you could get a 30% discount on perpetual calendar... the Rome boutique was very friendly, and Madrid house in first year of opening was very nice and cozy but people working here had no clue about anything AP beside basic stuff...
edo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30 March 2024, 07:06 PM   #45
vwc228
"TRF" Member

The AP boutiques in Dubai and Abu Dhabi here in the UAE are a bit of a hit and miss.

I know 2 people (first time buyers) that bought ROO (in the hopes of getting a RO) who did not enjoy the experience at all. One of them said that when he went to pick up his ROO the SA handed it to him like he was being handed a hot dog from a street vendor. It was (and again, this is according to him), like "here. take your watch and begone." The experience was very impersonal and unprofessional.

In my own personal experience, one sales lady in one of the boutiques was very polite and professional. Maybe that's because I didn't ask about getting a RO or any other popular models (mind you, I'm still waiting to get a beige code - how now lost confidence that I'll even get it :). But it's just frustrating that even on relatively unpopular models it seems to be hard to get them for first time buyers. But nevertheless, she was very nice and accommodating and didn't give me the "let's get this over with and leave" vibe.

My experience with other SA was much worse. One guy hardly entertained my request to buy a new strap for an AP that I own (which I had bought from the gray market). He seemed very stand-offish and a bit rude.
vwc228 is offline   Reply With Quote