The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 25 June 2019, 11:37 AM   #31
Bluside
2024 Pledge Member

Yes, the TV shows...The Monkees, Batman, Lost in Space, Mr. Ed, My Favorite Martian, Gilligan's Island, I Dream of Genie, and so many more.
Bluside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2019, 11:51 AM   #32
Art 1
Banned

Watch: Rol/Seik/Tud/Omega
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keadog View Post
Civic Arena, Pittsburgh. ?'73 maybe. Or '74.
Saw lots of concerts and events there. Saw the roof open once at a Ted Nugent concert. They should never have torn it down.
Art 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2019, 01:45 PM   #33
chieftd
"TRF" Member

Watch: Blue Sub, YM16623
I was only 4 when Kennedy was assassinated in 1963. But my youngest sister was born that morning, 22 Nov, a few hours prior to the shooting. We also lived in Texas just 65 miles North of Dallas. I vaguely remember the actual day, but as the years went by and we celebrated my sisters birthdays we were always reminded of the tragic event. I remember watching the moon landings and all of the capsule recoveries in the ocean. TV shows were great, Man from UNCLE, Honey West, Garrisons Guerrilas, The Invaders, Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea, Sea Hunt, and the The Fugitive just to name a few. Black and white TV and our then getting first Color TV a Curtis Mathis console. Seeing the NBC peacock in full color for the first time was cool. Great times. Cheers, Tim
chieftd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2019, 04:08 PM   #34
gmh1013
Banned

Watch: GMT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keadog View Post
Civic Arena, Pittsburgh. ?'73 maybe. Or '74.
Yep i saw them in 74 i think and 76? just cant remember
gmh1013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2019, 04:18 PM   #35
gmh1013
Banned

Watch: GMT
I was big fan of Man from UNCLE when i was a kid....8 years old in 1964. It was B and W then....it was always "the something affair"....tried to watch some on youtube years back and it was so campy i got bored in 15 mins and turned it off. What is surprising Dr.Mallard on NCIS is still going after all these years. Robert Vaughn died some years back i think.
gmh1013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2019, 09:05 PM   #36
chieftd
"TRF" Member

Watch: Blue Sub, YM16623
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmh1013 View Post
I was big fan of Man from UNCLE when i was a kid....8 years old in 1964. It was B and W then....it was always "the something affair"....tried to watch some on youtube years back and it was so campy i got bored in 15 mins and turned it off. What is surprising Dr.Mallard on NCIS is still going after all these years. Robert Vaughn died some years back i think.
Greg, I’m with ya, I have tried to watch some of those old shows and they were just not that good any more. Sure seemed very cool as a kid. Mission Impossible was another one that was cool back in the day. Youtube is great to watch some episodes of many of those old shows. Cheers, Tim
chieftd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2019, 10:27 PM   #37
Petroc Tremaine
"TRF" Member

Suez crisis, Sputniks, Gagarin, John Glenn, Moon landing, Rolling Stones in Hyde Park, Carnaby Street, all fond memories.

Skool - not so much.
Petroc Tremaine is offline   Reply With Quote