The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 18 January 2022, 02:20 PM   #1
Sothy
"TRF" Member

Vacheron warranty card/paper question

Hi,

I was wondering, does anyone know if Vacheron warranty cards/papers have one’s name on it (like the older Rolex cards), or whether it’s a nameless paper like the newer Rolex cards?

Not close to making a purchase, just researching and looking at a 2015 watch.

Thanks
Sothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 January 2022, 04:57 PM   #2
moting
"TRF" Member

Watch: addict
Hi, there is no name on the warranty card
moting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 January 2022, 10:30 PM   #3
RaZCaL
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116500,116610,VCO
There is no name on the warranty card. Shows the reference number, serial number, place and date (in that order).
RaZCaL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18 January 2022, 11:32 PM   #4
Sothy
"TRF" Member

Thanks you two! Good to know
Sothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 January 2022, 11:52 PM   #5
BNABOD
"TRF" Member

But then you register it under your name online if you want the 8 year warranty so for the filpparooskis out there , that might become an issue when the next person in line registers said watch 30 days later under the new name and the original owner gets on list at VC for a new one …I could see how this could become an issue for some
BNABOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 January 2022, 12:51 AM   #6
RaZCaL
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNABOD View Post
But then you register it under your name online if you want the 8 year warranty so for the filpparooskis out there , that might become an issue when the next person in line registers said watch 30 days later under the new name and the original owner gets on list at VC for a new one …I could see how this could become an issue for some
You make a great point. Wonder how this will work if you sell your VC. Does the warranty follow the watch like with Rolex?
Old 21 January 2022, 02:04 AM   #7
BNABOD
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaZCaL View Post
You make a great point. Wonder how this will work if you sell your VC. Does the warranty follow the watch like with Rolex?

I believe it does follow the watch but someone will need to confirm this . Having said this i could see VC sayin hmm sorry no soup for you your last two allocations where sold within an unreasonable (tbd) amount of time .
Old 21 January 2022, 05:02 AM   #8
RotorSelfWinding
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNABOD View Post
I believe it does follow the watch but someone will need to confirm this . Having said this i could see VC sayin hmm sorry no soup for you your last two allocations where sold within an unreasonable (tbd) amount of time .
I bought my Overseas second hand. Warranty went through no problem. The qr didn't work, but that seems to be a global problem at the moment.
RotorSelfWinding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 January 2022, 05:12 AM   #9
RaZCaL
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RotorSelfWinding View Post
I bought my Overseas second hand. Warranty went through no problem. The qr didn't work, but that seems to be a global problem at the moment.
You registered the watch in your name to extend the warranty, correct? What if someone already registered to extend the 8 year warranty and then sells the watch. Can the 2nd person register again to have the warranty?
Old 21 January 2022, 05:21 AM   #10
RotorSelfWinding
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaZCaL View Post
You registered the watch in your name to extend the warranty, correct? What if someone already registered to extend the 8 year warranty and then sells the watch. Can the 2nd person register again to have the warranty?
It's a fair question, but I registered on the first day and I can't answer that. I'm first, I have the card and all the documentation.

Based on what I have seen from IWC and their registration process, I don't think it's actually all that big of a risk. I think they're more interested in your personal data. The Warranty is just tied to it.
RotorSelfWinding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 January 2022, 11:52 AM   #11
moting
"TRF" Member

Watch: addict
I guess it's like AP? If you sell a watch and the new owner register it under his name it will be visible to the boutique.
moting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 January 2022, 01:06 PM   #12
Nathan_
"TRF" Member

There seems to be no mention if the new extended warranty is transferable or not, unless i missed it in their T&C's? I'm still yet to successfully extend mine due to their "technical difficulties", although fortunate i have 18 months to do so.
Nathan_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 January 2022, 01:54 PM   #13
BNABOD
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by moting View Post
I guess it's like AP? If you sell a watch and the new owner register it under his name it will be visible to the boutique.

Which is why I think this is happening…
By registering the watch you essentially tag it to a name . If watch is sold by someone with flipparitis because they want to make money then the entire network will know it (when new person registers under their name ) and they might never sell the flipper another watch. I have no idea if they will do that but I could see how it could become that unless the second owner doesn’t add the watch to the hour club .