The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 17 January 2022, 11:37 PM   #1
Neb
"TRF" Member

HYPEBEAST x Timex M79 "Fuchsia"

Hi all, first time poster here!

I have been frequent this website for sometime already and was wondering how come there was no mention of the hypebeast X timex watch. While I understand not many people appreciate the hypebeast culture, its still a not bad looking watch! And a limited edition one no less!

Hence created an account just to hear all your views.

PS: Not sure if there are any issues if I paste the link to the watch but I guess it should be quite easy to find the articles on it.

Cheers!
Neb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 January 2022, 12:07 AM   #2
1William
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/Others
A cool watch and I do like Timex for what it is and not what it is not. If I was younger and just starting out in the watch game I could see buying many different models, like I did Swatch back in the day, and wearing them everywhere.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 January 2022, 01:00 AM   #3
-dustin
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Link: https://www.timex.com/the-timex-blog...automatic.html
-dustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 January 2022, 01:08 AM   #4
Neb
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1William View Post
A cool watch and I do like Timex for what it is and not what it is not. If I was younger and just starting out in the watch game I could see buying many different models, like I did Swatch back in the day, and wearing them everywhere.
Thanks for the reply William!

Admittedly, I am kinda just starting out in the watch game and thought the watch looks similar to the old Rolex GMT with the aluminum bezel which would cost quite a bit to get it. Also, a plus point of the H link bracelet as compared to the original bracelet which I've heard complains that it will tug the hair on the arms (ouch!)
Old 18 January 2022, 01:17 AM   #5
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Friendly heads up: Timex autos use inexpensive movements, so if you desire accuracy be sure to get a Timegraph and make final regulation at home. Have my Ho' Timex @ ~+5/sec a day when worn 24/7 on the wrist (stock was +40/sec and beat was off by 0.2ms).
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'Wow! What a Ride!'” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Sent from my Etch A Sketch using String Theory.
enjoythemusic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18 January 2022, 11:40 PM   #6
Neb
"TRF" Member

No one else interested in this watch and tried to get 1 out of 500 pieces? I wonder how is the "resale value" of this watch LOL
Old 21 January 2022, 12:01 AM   #7
coop16
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neb View Post
No one else interested in this watch and tried to get 1 out of 500 pieces? I wonder how is the "resale value" of this watch LOL
I was actually able to order one! A co worker told me about it and being limited edition, I decided why not try to get one when it was released as it was not expensive. It is still in transit, so I haven't seen it in person yet. Not even sure what I'm going to do with it as I have a few watches that would be hard to let sit while I wear the Timex. May just leave it in the box unworn and see what the market looks like in the future, or just keep it as a cool collectors piece.

As for resale, I see a few are starting to show up on ebay at a around 100% markup from the $299 USD price.
coop16 is offline   Reply With Quote