The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Closed Thread

Old 15 March 2020, 09:51 AM   #2041
dimag333
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chappuy1750 View Post
Is it because it’s state owned

steve
Old 15 March 2020, 10:04 AM   #2042
fsprow
"TRF" Member

Watch: Patek 5168, 5170P
Just to add balance, new infections in China are declining and my business contacts there say that most people have returned to factories and in their area are up to 75% capacity.

Like all viruses, this will pass.
Old 15 March 2020, 10:06 AM   #2043
Dubshack
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126334
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasoninDenver View Post
Vail ski resort is now closed till March 22 and, probably, for the rest of the season.

Our local resort,Winter Park, just announced it is closed as well on their website.

Glad to see they are realizing the risks here are just not worth the finances.

Mammoth as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 15 March 2020, 10:15 AM   #2044
Tha Baron
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kowaco View Post
I just talked to an ER doc and he said we’re all going to die

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reminds me of college Astro 101 class some chick freaked out because prof said the sun would swallow the earth in a billion years!
Old 15 March 2020, 10:42 AM   #2045
Carry The Interest
"TRF" Member

Watch: RLX, ALS
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsprow View Post
Just to add balance, new infections in China are declining and my business contacts there say that most people have returned to factories and in their area are up to 75% capacity.

Like all viruses, this will pass.
I have confirmed sources saying similar things about capacity coming back online. As context, one of the larger companies my firm owns (auto supplier) has four plants in China. We have been getting weekly updates from the the plant managers based in China. All four facilities started back up mid last month - as of last week their at about 65-70% labor capacity blended and expected to be closer to 80% in the next two weeks. I will caveat this though by saying none of them are in the Hubei province (all are closer to the coast).
Old 15 March 2020, 10:51 AM   #2046
BT1985
"TRF" Member

Whole Foods today

Old 15 March 2020, 12:21 PM   #2047
Dubshack
"TRF" Member

An article from within USA borders.

https://t.co/9FaMZG8YW3?amp=1

Old 15 March 2020, 12:22 PM   #2048
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Ordered a pizza today and it was hilarious. Ordered half baked and instructed it to be delivered to the porch. Brought it in, put the pie in the oven for 10 mins, tossed the box and washed my hands lol

Couldn’t help but laugh
Old 15 March 2020, 12:27 PM   #2049
tng11
"TRF" Member

Working from home until further notice.

Spent $400 on booze today.

Emptied my safe deposit box on Thursday and brought the entire watch collection home.

Have Netflix, workout equipment and bike trainer.

12 rolls of TP.

Bring it on! I spent 3 weeks confined to a private room in a Peruvian hospital when I had altitude sickness and I survived without going crazy.
Old 15 March 2020, 12:30 PM   #2050
DJ39
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex GMT
Quote:
Originally Posted by tng11 View Post
Working from home until further notice.

Spent $400 on booze today.

Emptied my safe deposit box on Thursday and brought the entire watch collection home.

Have Netflix, workout equipment and bike trainer.

12 rolls of TP.

Bring it on! I spent 3 weeks confined to a private room in a Peruvian hospital when I had altitude sickness and I survived without going crazy.

Funny

Old 15 March 2020, 12:31 PM   #2051
77T
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB-man View Post
Ordered a pizza today and it was hilarious. Ordered half baked and instructed it to be delivered to the porch. Brought it in, put the pie in the oven for 10 mins, tossed the box and washed my hands lol

Couldn’t help but laugh

You were half baked when you ordered it?
Or ordered it undercooked by half?

Next time, bring it in, wash your hands, open the box, wash your hands, put on gloves, pull out pizza, put in oven, burn the box, take off gloves, wash hands again, take pizza out of oven 10 minutes later, put on gloves, spray oven cleaner in oven, clean oven, take off gloves, wash your hands, turn oven onto self-clean mode, eat and enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Does anyone really know what time it is?
Old 15 March 2020, 12:35 PM   #2052
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Lol half cooked we call em half baked pies around here

My understanding is the oven kills it. Idk lol
Old 15 March 2020, 12:51 PM   #2053
cloudplay
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justinmg View Post
One of the last places I would want to be, seems pretty logical.
There's always a cruise ship waiting...
Old 15 March 2020, 01:04 PM   #2054
EndlessEight
2024 ROLEX DATE-JUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Hulk, BLRO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubshack View Post
An article from within USA borders.

https://t.co/9FaMZG8YW3?amp=1

My backyard
Old 15 March 2020, 01:11 PM   #2055
dimag333
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EndlessEight View Post
My backyard
My grandma just got moved out of centra state where the 50 year old woman just died, 10 minutes or so from my house. They are reporting 7 people living in the house also tested positive, huge orthodox population so I’m guessing there might be some underlying health factors there

steve
Old 15 March 2020, 01:19 PM   #2056
Dubshack
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EndlessEight View Post
My backyard

Stay safe

Old 15 March 2020, 03:15 PM   #2057
Andad
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: A few.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 77T View Post
I think you are confusing the context. Fauci was replying to a question about paper and paper currency

The one you stated was about hard surfaces.

Hope that clears up any confusion for the readers here. My post was from a verbatim transcript so I wasn’t posting my own opinion. I do agree it can be confusing.

One thing in common with what you stated you heard and the transcript I posted is this:
No expert has definitive answers about coronavirus yet - they are stating what they know as virologists and ID docs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
My apologies,

I thought I read that other hard surfaces were tested by ‘one of our people’?

I must improve my reading and comprehension skills.

Anderson Cooper:
We’ve got a ton of these, Dr. Fauci. Mail, also money, currency.

Dr. Fauci:
Yeah. There was a paper that was either submitted or already published from one of our people who looked at the detection of viable virus on a variety of substances; stainless steel, polypropylene, cardboard cloth and things like that. For the most part, the titration of it and the titer of it on surfaces is probably measured in a couple of hours. I would think something that goes to the mail, by time it gets to you, that’s it. And even if it is on there, would it be high enough of a concentration to actually be transmitted? Although it’s important, I don’t want to downplay the recommendations of wiping down the kinds of things that you could easily wipe down; doorknobs and screens and things like that. I think if you start thinking about money and mail and things like that, you could almost sort of immobilize yourself, which I don’t think is a good idea.

It’s not difficult to scan the web for information (if you have the spare time and the inclination) but it is difficult to sort the wheat from the chaff and facts from fiction.

I will be spending this month testing fume exhaust equipment in most of the hospital labs in my city including PC1and PC2 containment labs.
It could be that they are the safest places to be?

Old 15 March 2020, 04:55 PM   #2058
Fleetlord
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdog View Post
Is this the real Fleetlord?

Or did someone steal your username. I kid my friend.

But you are usually so pragmatic and grounded in reality. Every supermarket in America is struggling to keep up. Toilet paper has become the new white Daytona.

Even the calm people appear to be panicking.
I know right!!

I think what it is, is that where I live this behavior goes on annually...maybe more than that depending on the # of storms.

Just replace toilet paper and sanitation goods with batteries, lumber and gas...especially gas, so I don't even see it as a panic anymore.

I just got back from Walmart and it wasn't too bad. Bottled Water and TP were long gone, but most everything else was there...in fact it was in better stock levels than storm season...

So, I guess in other parts of the country this is a whole new thing for them and they don't know WTF to do, so they buy everything in sight like locusts...
Old 15 March 2020, 06:53 PM   #2059
SearChart
TechXpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB-man View Post

Couldn’t help but laugh
Old 15 March 2020, 07:08 PM   #2060
Moggo
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16610, SD4K, Exp 1
the Coronavirus outbreak thread

UK just announced that over 70’s will be asked to self-isolate for up to 4 months in the coming weeks!

Not going to happen, how on earth can you do 4 months!

What if you live with someone who is under 70?!

They are just drip feeding fear at the moment.

Old 15 March 2020, 07:30 PM   #2061
Zakalwe
"TRF" Member

I’m self isolating as of today. Cough and headache. My surgery is as of now four hands down with respiratory tract infections - another small illustration of the fact that the impact on the health service is as much of a threat as the virus itself. I have no way of knowing whether or not what we’ve come down with is COVID-19 or another of the legion respiratory viruses that do the rounds, but I will say that I don’t remember the last time that four clinicians at the practice were off work with an RTI at the same time.
Old 15 March 2020, 07:36 PM   #2062
daveathall
"TRF" Member

Watch: Various
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moggo View Post
UK just announced that over 70’s will be asked to self-isolate for up to 4 months in the coming weeks!

Not going to happen, how on earth can you do 4 months!

What if you live with someone who is under 70?!

They are just drip feeding fear at the moment.
They are also going ask those on the "at risk" list to self isolate, I am on that list, I have a seriously compromised immune system, COPD and heart problems. I am 62 and as far as possible will self isolate for that length of time, my wife will work from home. What is the alternative? The risk of death by catching this virus, for me is, is very real. I live in the country and am retired so will take walks in the countryside, my wife will do the shopping at off peak times. To carry on as normal would be foolish.

I see those from the media are saying it is a big ask, I dont hear them coming up with an alternative. The media are just trying to generate viewing figures by continuously criticising. Just watching Sophie Ridge and her colleagues on Sky, whinging and whining but not coming up with anything useful. Rather than peddle news, it seems to me that they spend their time trying to embarrass politicians and ultimately force them out of a job.

What was said by the Health Minister in regards to self isolation for the old and infirm was "it will happen, but not yet, starting too soon would be too difficult to sustain." I don't know what is so difficult for her to understand about that? If there is an alternative view to "shielding the old and firm" it should be aired.

DAVE

Old 15 March 2020, 07:49 PM   #2063
mountainjogger
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: M99230B-0008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakalwe View Post
I’m self isolating as of today. Cough and headache. My surgery is as of now four hands down with respiratory tract infections - another small illustration of the fact that the impact on the health service is as much of a threat as the virus itself. I have no way of knowing whether or not what we’ve come down with is COVID-19 or another of the legion respiratory viruses that do the rounds, but I will say that I don’t remember the last time that four clinicians at the practice were off work with an RTI at the same time.
Sorry to hear that Sal. Thoughts are with you.
Old 15 March 2020, 07:51 PM   #2064
BisonHead
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub,SD,DJ,OP
Nipped into Asda (UK Supermarket) yesterday and there was a guy with 2 trolleys full of baby milk formula. I reckoned about 150-200 tubs of the stuff.

The staff were not happy, but allowed him to buy it, totally ridiculous.

My father is 83 and not in the best of health just lately, although until very recently he has been out and about, driving himself etc and doing his shopping as normal.

So i have been doing his shopping for him, this last couple of weeks. Without family/friends support, how do they think older people can self isolate. I doubt my Father could navigate on line shopping.

Although my Dad did say whats the biggest risk, him trying to get out shopping or me calling by with his shopping. Quite a valid point i suppose.
Old 15 March 2020, 07:52 PM   #2065
mountainjogger
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveathall View Post
They are also going ask those on the "at risk" list to self isolate, I am on that list, I have a seriously compromised immune system, COPD and heart problems. I am 62 and as far as possible will self isolate for that length of time, my wife will work from home. What is the alternative? The risk of death by catching this virus, for me is, is very real. I live in the country and am retired so will take walks in the countryside, my wife will do the shopping at off peak times. To carry on as normal would be foolish.

I see those from the media are saying it is a big ask, I dont hear them coming up with an alternative. The media are just trying to generate viewing figures by continuously criticising. Just watching Sophie Ridge and her colleagues on Sky, whinging and whining but not coming up with anything useful. Rather than peddle news, it seems to me that they spend their time trying to embarrass politicians and ultimately force them out of a job.

What was said by the Health Minister in regards to self isolation for the old and infirm was "it will happen, but not yet, starting too soon would be too difficult to sustain." I don't know what is so difficult for her to understand about that? If there is an alternative view to "shielding the old and firm" it should be aired.
Agree Dave, a time we should come together instead of pick each other apart.
Old 15 March 2020, 07:56 PM   #2066
Zakalwe
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainjogger View Post
Sorry to hear that Sal. Thoughts are with you.
It’s all good mate, I don’t feel ill

Looks like I’ll be spending even more time on here
Old 15 March 2020, 07:58 PM   #2067
mountainjogger
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakalwe View Post
It’s all good mate, I don’t feel ill

Looks like I’ll be spending even more time on here
Although my better half might disagree, there are worse ways to spend your time.
Old 15 March 2020, 08:12 PM   #2068
BLACKHORSE 6
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex SS Daytona
My father-in-law is an international airline pilot and tested positive for coronavirus several days ago, one of the very first in our area. Because of our contact with him, my family and I self-quarantined as soon as he thought there was a problem. Our 22 month old son is showing symptoms, so we’re just waiting to see for the rest of us in the house.

We’ll work through it. I’m not overly concerned about our 6 year old or toddler, as the virus doesn’t seem to hit kids that hard and my father-in-law seems to be doing fine. My wife is 6 months pregnant, so keeping a close eye on her.
Old 15 March 2020, 08:21 PM   #2069
rootbeer7
"TRF" Member

Quote:

I agree with you about the media. I’ve just watched this video explaining the thought process of government. Here’s the link
https://youtu.be/nl6tTwxzCi8.
Basically it’s suggesting that isolating a population can only happen once and it needs to be well timed to allow the Health Service to cope.
Old 15 March 2020, 08:24 PM   #2070
Yess
"TRF" Member

Watch: 124060
Quote:

Good commentary... Stay safe.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk
Closed Thread