The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 15 January 2022, 03:05 AM   #541
szabo_martin
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5711,Sub,DS,YM42
Caught my eye yesterday looking all pretty!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Czapek.jpg (62.0 KB, 711 views)
szabo_martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 January 2022, 02:53 PM   #542
Stranger
"TRF" Member

Watch: Moser Streamliner
Does anyone have a Quai des Bergues? Curious how they compare to the Antartique...
Stranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 January 2022, 03:39 AM   #543
erik12300
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDelage View Post
Does anyone have a Quai des Bergues? Curious how they compare to the Antartique...
I've looked into that watch after getting my Antarctique. The guilloche dials are done by their partner Metalem. The guilloche is very high end. Love the dial options! I believe their partner Chronode had a lot of influence on the movement design, where as the Antarctique is a purely Czapek design. I don't like the Quai des Bergues movement that much. Not enough finishing for me, but that is why the price is much lower than the Antarctique. Hoping sometime in the future Czapek revises the Quai des Bergues movement. But I'm sure that is 5+ years from now.
erik12300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 January 2022, 07:01 AM   #544
BrunoMalik
Banned

My initial reaction was “this is crazy”. Then i remembered that a steel Aquanaut chrono on rubber is going for €200k…

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
BrunoMalik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 January 2022, 08:00 AM   #545
sgrossma
2024 Pledge Member

Has anyone else ordered a Czapek or Antarctique in the last few weeks? Seems the new ice blue can be ordered now. Haven't seen any official updates though.
sgrossma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 January 2022, 08:19 AM   #546
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Technically yes, though it was the Monochrome special edition. If anyone here wants an ice blue :thumbs-up:

PS, got link?
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'Wow! What a Ride!'” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Sent from my Etch A Sketch using String Theory.
enjoythemusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 January 2022, 08:52 AM   #547
sgrossma
2024 Pledge Member

Nothing official. There appear to be a few new colors on IG, possibly introduced at some recent trade shows. But still no announcements.
Old 20 January 2022, 02:29 PM   #548
rag5178
"TRF" Member

The glacier blue is available for order. I believe it will ‘officially’ be unveiled sometime in the next two months, but you can order direct from Czapek. I also believe the new 38mm Antarctique will be announced relatively soon as well.
rag5178 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 January 2022, 12:20 AM   #549
sgrossma
2024 Pledge Member

I wonder what they delay in the announcement is. I know they are a small brand and have limited resources, but I don't think it takes too much effort to get photos or digital renderings to have posted on the website. There is also a 100 piece salmon dial which appears to have already sold out.
Old 21 January 2022, 02:24 AM   #550
rag5178
"TRF" Member

I am just speculating, but perhaps they are behind on orders and struggling through many of the supply chain challenges that other brands are. So they have done a soft release for the time being to buy them some time to keep up with demand. I personally respect that process a bit more than the three year plus wait list of other brands.
rag5178 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 January 2022, 03:13 AM   #551
EEpro
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Daytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by rag5178 View Post
The glacier blue is available for order. I believe it will ‘officially’ be unveiled sometime in the next two months, but you can order direct from Czapek. I also believe the new 38mm Antarctique will be announced relatively soon as well.

Online order or call their phone number? I searched around looking for even a picture of glacier blue with no luck. If it's in the trapezoid dial design I'd probably be a buyer.
Old 21 January 2022, 03:15 AM   #552
sgrossma
2024 Pledge Member

I wouldn't imagine a new dial color for a very new brand would boost sales that dramatically. The 9 month vs 3 year wait is solely a factor of demand vs supply. Czapek could very possibly become a 3+ year wait in 1-2 years - or not. I think even with a 9 month wait, it is to their benefit to get as many orders in as they can and I doubt they are holding back to keep the wait times down. But IDK?
Old 21 January 2022, 03:49 AM   #553
uscmatt99
"TRF" Member

Need some more pics out and about!
uscmatt99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 January 2022, 04:19 AM   #554
sgrossma
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EEpro View Post
Online order or call their phone number? I searched around looking for even a picture of glacier blue with no luck. If it's in the trapezoid dial design I'd probably be a buyer.

These are a few pictures I found tagged on instagram under #czapek. The photos are out there. That is why I am partially confused. You can order the blue direct or through an AD. The salmon is already sold out.
Old 21 January 2022, 05:03 AM   #555
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Was about to say the salmon.... and I JUST ordered four straps and strap pin too this morning from them. (Deep Sigh) Aw well, ya win some you lose some.

Thanks for posting pics and info
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'Wow! What a Ride!'” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Old 21 January 2022, 06:25 AM   #556
Schweinwerfer
"TRF" Member

The salmon one is pretty neat. How good I ordered one. Hope I'm not gonna be deceived...
Schweinwerfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 January 2022, 06:33 AM   #557
sgrossma
2024 Pledge Member

How did you even find out about the salmon, if I might ask?
Old 21 January 2022, 06:37 AM   #558
BrunoMalik
Banned

I got both on order. Saw the prototypes at the Geneva boutique during OnlyWatch.

Old 21 January 2022, 06:39 AM   #559
Schweinwerfer
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrunoMalik View Post
I got both on order. Saw the prototypes at the Geneva boutique during OnlyWatch.

Do you have any pics :)
Schweinwerfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 January 2022, 06:41 AM   #560
btinl
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: on my wrist
I’ve been told the salmon was a LE of 100 and already sold out.
btinl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 January 2022, 07:10 AM   #561
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by btinl View Post
I’ve been told the salmon was a LE of 100 and already sold out.
Not at all surprised. Congratulations to those with allocation and look fwd to wrist shots here on TRF.

Damn.... (deep sigh)

Old 21 January 2022, 09:53 PM   #562
Bug04
"TRF" Member

It is really surprising that salmon (or, to my eyes … yellow??!!) has not been even publicly launched, so with which criteria the 100 units have been allocated? Other LE were very difficult to be grabbed but eventually everyone had been granted of a chance (even with the “super rare” or “extremely limited edition” where the chances of access were near to nil such as, for example, the 40 Roaring Forties or even the special enamel dials limited to 10 for each color).
The dynamic that characterized the yellow allocation, which I frankly do not know but I understand that basically occurred without a “public bid” for allocations, considering that they were 100 so relatively many or at least not the most small of the Czapek LE, may spread a certain frustration, which may not be the best for the brand.
Bug04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 January 2022, 10:07 PM   #563
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

They will have other releases. Stay up to date, be sure to follow their social media, and look on the website often

Join their mailing list too. https://czapek.com/our-news/

Old 21 January 2022, 10:48 PM   #564
sgrossma
2024 Pledge Member

I inquired. The salmon was apparently first presented at Dubai Watch Week and they got an insane amount of orders and then it spread by word of mouth and through a few Instagram posts. The color was also described as being more sand / tangerine in nature. I do agree it is a bit surprising though.
Old 22 January 2022, 02:38 AM   #565
thewatchidiot
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bug04 View Post
It is really surprising that salmon (or, to my eyes … yellow??!!) has not been even publicly launched, so with which criteria the 100 units have been allocated? Other LE were very difficult to be grabbed but eventually everyone had been granted of a chance (even with the “super rare” or “extremely limited edition” where the chances of access were near to nil such as, for example, the 40 Roaring Forties or even the special enamel dials limited to 10 for each color).
The dynamic that characterized the yellow allocation, which I frankly do not know but I understand that basically occurred without a “public bid” for allocations, considering that they were 100 so relatively many or at least not the most small of the Czapek LE, may spread a certain frustration, which may not be the best for the brand.

FOMO is a powerful motivator for many. This could increase focus on czapek and create even more frenzy, maybe.
thewatchidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 January 2022, 01:24 AM   #566
MostlyCloudy
"TRF" Member

yea honestly frustrating the allocation process for a non-publicly released piece has not been entirely transparent. watch's "sold out" before its even made public.
MostlyCloudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 January 2022, 02:15 AM   #567
EEpro
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Daytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgrossma View Post

These are a few pictures I found tagged on instagram under #czapek. The photos are out there. That is why I am partially confused. You can order the blue direct or through an AD. The salmon is already sold out.

Salmon is nice. The blue is a little too OP turquoise for me but I love the pic showing the light play. The ice white drake looks damn good to me also.
Old 23 January 2022, 02:33 AM   #568
BrunoMalik
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MostlyCloudy View Post
yea honestly frustrating the allocation process for a non-publicly released piece has not been entirely transparent. watch's "sold out" before its even made public.

Would it be less frustrating if it was released publicly and you still could not get one?

Old 23 January 2022, 03:23 AM   #569
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Would it be less frustrating if it was released publicly and you still could not get one?
Good point. In this new normal that's pretty normal. 10x demand, maybe higher, versus human resources and supply. Let's say Hodinkee releases only 2000 pieces of ___, POOF they're gone fast. And that's just one of many drops a year. How many pieces does Czapek make in an entire year? No need to answer, am just saying.

Still, that's not as bad as 'getting one', but then Ming's CCard system boinks you off... twice! They use a wonky financial scheme. Ah well, better to not get at all than to almost get, TWICE, to only be bumped.

Old 23 January 2022, 11:09 AM   #570
Bug04
"TRF" Member

If it is released publicly, you are given a remote chance. You know the rules, wait for the launch and try.
If it is not released publicly, next time you simply switch off hope because don’t have visibility on dynamics. So next color you fear is useless even to wait.
But that’s a point of view … they surely have made thoughts on this and maybe, as stated above, FOMO is deemed to be the prevailing factor.

Quote:

Bug04 is offline   Reply With Quote