The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 25 November 2021, 03:09 AM   #1
Tbonewalk
"TRF" Member

suspicious...

I have a watch for sale here and was notified that "You have received a new private message at Rolex Forums"... the message in my personal email address included the member's email address.

I chose to stay on the forum for communications first, but after logging in here, there is NO message from the member. i also discovered the member is banned.

I am guessing that the email went through to me and then was deleted by the administration here on the forum.

Is this a reasonable guess?
Tbonewalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 November 2021, 03:47 AM   #2
Tools
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: GMT's
TRF doesn't delete pm messages from individuals.

It is more likely that the message you received was a spoof that may have had a sign-in page intended to steal your log-in data.

The ban was probably because of other reports by vigilant members.
Old 25 November 2021, 03:54 AM   #3
Tbonewalk
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tools View Post
TRF doesn't delete pm messages from individuals.

It is more likely that the message you received was a spoof that may have had a sign-in page intended to steal your log-in data.

The ban was probably because of other reports by vigilant members.
I guess I have to defer to you, but it came from admin@rolexforums.com
Old 25 November 2021, 07:48 AM   #4
Dave2882
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: BLNR
Same experience today as well. Was it inoahguy by chance?

Same thing, notice in email from admin@rolexforums.com, went to TRF on my phone browser this morning and message was there. Went to look later today to respond and the message is gone. Luckily it was TRF was still open on my phone browser and I know who it came from, but when I refreshed it made me re-login and the message is gone.
Dave2882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 November 2021, 08:14 AM   #5
Tbonewalk
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave2882 View Post

Same thing, notice in email from admin@rolexforums.com, went to TRF on my phone browser this morning and message was there. Went to look later today to respond and the message is gone. Luckily it was TRF was still open on my phone browser and I know who it came from, but when I refreshed it made me re-login and the message is gone.
So you are saying basically the same thing that I am. The email was legitimate and it was removed from your inbox here on the forum— but not by the member, in this case the member being you. And yes from the same guy
Old 25 November 2021, 08:41 AM   #6
MrGoat
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 16613
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbonewalk View Post
So you are saying basically the same thing that I am. The email was legitimate and it was removed from your inbox here on the forum— but not by the member, in this case the member being you. And yes from the same guy

Quote:

I’d sign up two factor authentication yesterday on you all’s profiles. Very well could already be hacked.

Sent from my Apple privacy invasion product
MrGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 January 2022, 11:41 PM   #7
inoahguy
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:

Hi guys- just came across this post. Would like to inform you that back in November, my account did get hacked. I did not have two-step authentication in place and my account was temporarily shutdown/banned. I was getting messages from friends I have on here with screen shots of 'fake' PMs I was 'sending'.... It was cleared up with admins immediately and my account was restored. Since then, I have had many transactions and there is consistent feedback across the board. Just want to clear my name in the post :)
Noah/inoahguy/paragon time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
inoahguy is offline   Reply With Quote