The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 7 December 2017, 06:26 AM   #31
joerivers1961
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by subtona View Post
Not bold at all. I have owned several and they are very disappointing to me.

Specifically they are comparatively stiff, bulky and equipped with inferior buckles

Have you owned an AP with stock rubber? Or even a panerai for that matter both are superior imho, And my tudor would also win in a comparison... so if there are no possible stock options and the rb fits well, which has not been the case specifically in a 14060... then yes they are a great choice, and the same goes for Everest.

And yes "lesser quality" is my firm opinion.

I'd like to throw my 2 cents in here, I think the big mistake here is people thinking of companies like RB and others are replacements to the original manufacturer. As an owner of fine timepieces and frequent RB customer I would challenge that and say that those guys are just a high quality alternative. To me as a customer I see that they only make products for some of the top timepieces in the world. So if I want something different I give them a shot simple as that. Up till now no complaints and will go as far as putting one on my 5980 that has never seen anything but the original leather just because I travel a lot between NY, PR & Miami so when I stay at a hotel I dont like to take my watch off, can shower or do the pool thing if I’m in the mood. I guess life is just this way; hit or miss, you had a bad experience and I haven't. Anyways just a few thoughts. I really enjoy this forum and have been able to interact with very cool people in such short time. Same way there's probably someone says the contrary! Haha!

joerivers1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 December 2017, 07:20 AM   #32
Chadridv
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116610LV
Quote:
Originally Posted by joerivers1961 View Post
I'd like to throw my 2 cents in here, I think the big mistake here is people thinking of companies like RB and others are replacements to the original manufacturer. As an owner of fine timepieces and frequent RB customer I would challenge that and say that those guys are just a high quality alternative. To me as a customer I see that they only make products for some of the top timepieces in the world. So if I want something different I give them a shot simple as that. Up till now no complaints and will go as far as putting one on my 5980 that has never seen anything but the original leather just because I travel a lot between NY, PR & Miami so when I stay at a hotel I dont like to take my watch off, can shower or do the pool thing if I’m in the mood. I guess life is just this way; hit or miss, you had a bad experience and I haven't. Anyways just a few thoughts. I really enjoy this forum and have been able to interact with very cool people in such short time. Same way there's probably someone says the contrary! Haha!

Well said, and I agree with you about companies like Everest and RB simply being a high quality alternative.

It's funny, because I've post a lot in the past showing pictures of alternative straps.

There's always a good half dozen to a dozen posts the say only, The "so and so OEM" is better. My response is always, OK, I don't disagree, but this is a cool strap
Chadridv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 December 2017, 07:34 AM   #33
joerivers1961
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadridv View Post
Well said, and I agree with you about companies like Everest and RB simply being a high quality alternative.

It's funny, because I've post a lot in the past showing pictures of alternative straps.

There's always a good half dozen to a dozen posts the say only, The "so and so OEM" is better. My response is always, OK, I don't disagree, but this is a cool strap
Hey! as the new guy here I've seen some posts kinda making you out as a troublemaker! I've even seen a thread named "Its Chadridv's fault" or something alike.....

LOL my kind of watchpal!!! haha!
Old 7 December 2017, 07:47 AM   #34
Chadridv
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116610LV
Quote:
Hey! as the new guy here I've seen some posts kinda making you out as a troublemaker! I've even seen a thread named "Its Chadridv's fault" or something alike.....

LOL my kind of watchpal!!! haha!
haha yeah I'm guilty of some classic TRF Enabling. But I'm not alone. There are much worse influences around these parts. Welcome btw!
Chadridv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 December 2017, 08:01 AM   #35
subtona
"TRF" Member

Watch: APK & sometimes Y
Quote:

In your case of a 5980 with no oem option and your circumstance of travel with leather not being ideal. I fully agree.

I have had about 5 straps between rb and Everest in both styles of tang buckle and oem deployant. As much I would like one of their options to work, imho they never quite hit the mark.

Ultimately not so much about the quality of the rb as much as it is about the superiority of a modern stock oem rubber strap from AP. The one that comes on the diver is absolutely incredible and reminds me of its quality and attention to detail every time I strapped it on my wrist.
Old 7 December 2017, 08:39 AM   #36
P2725TMB
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: AP, Rolex, Omega
Each to their own opinion but as I said earlier, the two RB straps I bought at over £200 each were poor and not in my opinion marketable. But maybe they've now improved, or maybe I have higher standards.

In the case of AP the gen rubber straps are unsurpassable as far as I'm concerned.
P2725TMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 December 2017, 12:03 AM   #37
joerivers1961
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by subtona View Post
In your case of a 5980 with no oem option and your circumstance of travel with leather not being ideal. I fully agree.

I have had about 5 straps between rb and Everest in both styles of tang buckle and oem deployant. As much I would like one of their options to work, imho they never quite hit the mark.

Ultimately not so much about the quality of the rb as much as it is about the superiority of a modern stock oem rubber strap from AP. The one that comes on the diver is absolutely incredible and reminds me of its quality and attention to detail every time I strapped it on my wrist.

Old 8 December 2017, 12:05 AM   #38
joerivers1961
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by P2725TMB View Post
Each to their own opinion but as I said earlier, the two RB straps I bought at over £200 each were poor and not in my opinion marketable. But maybe they've now improved, or maybe I have higher standards.

In the case of AP the gen rubber straps are unsurpassable as far as I'm concerned.
Old 20 December 2017, 02:00 AM   #39
Yuri.Popov
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Submariner C
wow I really like that rose gold with blue rubber combination.
Yuri.Popov is offline   Reply With Quote