The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 22 February 2019, 04:28 PM   #1
boomtime
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116710,116500, DJ
First time to Mexico City

Looking to plan a quick weekend in Mexico City as a couple get away...Any members have recommendations?

Not too sure of best areas but right now I am looking at staying at the W, Four Seasons, or St. Regis if any of those jump out as distinct winners let me know?

Any advice on activities be great too mainly focused on eating, historical, museum, markets, tequila distillery, and if there is a must see dealer I am back in the hunt for a vintage sport haha

Thanks in advance for the info guys any input will help!
boomtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 February 2019, 05:07 PM   #2
Wesley Crusher
"TRF" Member

Stay in Polanco if you want to be around high end shops/restaurants. Very safe neighborhood.

If you are looking for something a bit more eclectic, but also very nice (more of a boutique vibe), La Condesa and Roma are great neighborhoods.

There is quite a lot to do in CDMX. You can spend a day or two just walking through Polanco/Condesa/Roma. Chapultapec Castle and the park are really nice. The Frida Kahlo museum is also nice and in a pretty cool neighborhood.

The food in CDMX is insane. Really good. If you're looking for high end dining, Pujol and Quintonil are some top picks. I did the taco omakase and Pujol and thought it was a fun experience. If you like Oaxcan food, there is this place in Polanco called Guzina Oaxaca. Super good!

You also cannot miss El Moro for the churros and chocolate!!!

ARGG!!! Now you have me thinking about CDMX. I am hungry...
Wesley Crusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 February 2019, 04:52 AM   #3
ChipClip2
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1603/16570/116264
We stay at the Four Seasons in CDMX and always have a great time. The property has an old world charm, despite only being 20ish years old, and most of the rooms look out onto the gorgeous inner courtyard. Even if you don't stay there you should definitely check out their bar, 50 Mils, for some really inventive and delicious cocktails (try the Bugs Bunny). They also do a champagne brunch on Sundays, but it's a little pricey IMO.

I second the recommendations of Guzina Oaxaca and El Moro, both terrific. Also try and check out some of the food markets (Mercado Coyoacan - more authentic, Mercado Roma - fancier).

The city has soooo much to offer, you'll have a great time!
ChipClip2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 February 2019, 05:08 AM   #4
Wesley Crusher
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipClip2 View Post
We stay at the Four Seasons in CDMX and always have a great time. The property has an old world charm, despite only being 20ish years old, and most of the rooms look out onto the gorgeous inner courtyard. Even if you don't stay there you should definitely check out their bar, 50 Mils, for some really inventive and delicious cocktails (try the Bugs Bunny). They also do a champagne brunch on Sundays, but it's a little pricey IMO.

I second the recommendations of Guzina Oaxaca and El Moro, both terrific. Also try and check out some of the food markets (Mercado Coyoacan - more authentic, Mercado Roma - fancier).

The city has soooo much to offer, you'll have a great time!
There is a great restaurant at the Four Seasons called Zanaya. Also, Contramar cannot be missed for seafood lovers.

Seriously, the city has so much good food.
Wesley Crusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 February 2019, 05:24 AM   #5
HarryLime
"TRF" Member

Try to get a table at Pujol if you can.
HarryLime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 February 2019, 05:42 AM   #6
ChipClip2
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1603/16570/116264
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley Crusher View Post
There is a great restaurant at the Four Seasons called Zanaya. Also, Contramar cannot be missed for seafood lovers.

Seriously, the city has so much good food.
How could I forget about Contramar?!? Absolutely agree. The food is obviously the star, but the organized chaos of the waiters at lunch service is a show in itself.
ChipClip2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 February 2019, 06:31 AM   #7
GerardoG
Banned

Watch: ALL of them
Agree on Polanco. I stay at Intercontinetal or Camino Real. I love the city.
GerardoG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 February 2019, 08:48 AM   #8
tudorbaja27
"TRF" Member

Watch: Tudor & Cartier
Take me with youuu
Old 25 February 2019, 03:15 PM   #9
boomtime
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116710,116500, DJ
Wow thanks guys for all the insights!

Heading there this coming weekend and think it was meant to be last min booking I got a solid rate so will be staying at the St. Regis and got a reservation for Pujol Omakase Taco lunch seating!

Outside of that super big highlight of Pujol dinners at Huset and Lan Buena Barra are reserved for now.

Want to visit the Frida Kahlo museum...the only major non food activity on the list so far.
boomtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 February 2019, 03:18 PM   #10
GerardoG
Banned

Watch: ALL of them
Great places! Get a patio table at Buena Barra, and be ready for a DELICIOUS time!!!!
GerardoG is offline   Reply With Quote