The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 23 February 2019, 01:27 PM   #121
Laszlo
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Date & No Date
Quote:
Originally Posted by SN13 View Post
Your watch choices make sense now: Date & No Date.

Paul Henreid as Victor Laszlo in Casablanca
Laszlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 February 2019, 07:25 AM   #122
Rolexgal2017
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star Ferry View Post
declining to reciprocate the interest doesn't mean it was unwanted. some may genuinely enjoy the attention, or the interaction itself, but for another reason don't reciprocate.
Honestly, it can get annoying quite quickly when men hit on me. Theres a line between a good compliment and downright harassment. .
Rolexgal2017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 February 2019, 12:24 PM   #123
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolexgal2017 View Post
Honestly, it can get annoying quite quickly when men hit on me. Theres a line between a good compliment and downright harassment. .
Hey... nice watch. It sparkles like your smile.

037 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 February 2019, 12:37 PM   #124
Star Ferry
Banned

Quote:
So why do you need online dating? apparently you already get more attention than you'd like
Star Ferry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 February 2019, 01:52 PM   #125
Rolexgal2017
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star Ferry View Post
So why do you need online dating? apparently you already get more attention than you'd like
Yes, but I don't think the people giving me attention are the people I'd like to date. What are their motives?
Old 28 February 2019, 01:53 PM   #126
Rolexgal2017
"TRF" Member

So I've signed up for online dating and its interesting...
Old 28 February 2019, 05:02 PM   #127
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
So I've signed up for online dating and its interesting...
thats generally what people say about yacht master II's... its code for bad
current collection: Patek 5164A, Patek 5524G, Rolex Platinum Daytona 116506, Rolex Sea Dweller 43 126600, Rolex GMT II 116710LN, AP 15400ST (silver), Panerai 913, Omega Speedmaster moonwatch, Tudor Black Bay (Harrods Edition)
tyler1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 February 2019, 11:02 PM   #128
bronzeband00
Banned

i've always been skeptical about online dating. Tried it out in 2015 but it only lead to nowhere. It's just my humble opinion anyway, am sure it works for others
bronzeband00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 February 2019, 11:55 PM   #129
2024 Pledge Member

Online dating wouldn't be so bad if it didn't involve the Internet.
037 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 March 2019, 02:28 AM   #130
mulgogy
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rollies
I met my lovely wife on Hinge a few years ago!
mulgogy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 March 2019, 04:56 AM   #131
Yoda_Eating_Pizza
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Yes
Quote:
Originally Posted by 037 View Post
Online dating wouldn't be so bad if it didn't involve the Internet.
Yoda_Eating_Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 March 2019, 03:12 AM   #132
bobernet
"TRF" Member

Watch: ALS, AP, PP, Rolex
Quote:
Has anyone tried online dating?

I've been working too many hours. Don't have the chance to go out much to meet people. Was thinking of trying it out...
Might be late to the party, as I haven’t read the full thread yet. If you’re still looking for feedback on this, I’ll say that I met my wife (of more than 15 years) on Match.com. We have 4 children together, and it gets better every year.

It’s incredibly unlikely we would have met by happenstance, despite living within 15 minutes of each other at the time.

I’m sure there are horror stories, but this is my happy one.

Wish you all the best!
bobernet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 April 2019, 07:28 PM   #133
Dana1
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabrice M View Post
The great thing about dating apps, is you get to meet people outside your social circle and in some case your comfort zone, people you may never have met if it wasn’ for the dating app. It also give you the power to specify what is important to you before meeting that person and get to know them a little more before actually meeting. Anyways it worked great for me, did it about 10 years ago, met my future wife, we traveled together around the world, got married and now we have a wonderful 5 years old.
Quite inspiring. Never tried it before but would like to. Any advice or considerations on dating sites to register?
Dana1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 May 2019, 01:19 AM   #134
East Bay Rider
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT-II 16710LN
I know not entirely relevent to the OP's topic but I can't help but wonder if online dating algorithms might miss certain characteristics that a good friend's observations would catch.
I met my wife of 26 years through a blind date. I don't know what a computer would have matched us based on but our mutual friend figured it out.
I understand if this isn't possible but if a personal resource is available it's something to consider.
It always just says "now"
Now you may be thinking that I was had
But this watch is never wrong
And if I have trouble the warranty said
Breathe In, Breathe Out, Move On
J. Buffett
Instagram: eastbayrider46
East Bay Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 May 2019, 12:08 AM   #135
encarter13
"TRF" Member

I enjoyed Tinder before I was married.
Old 11 May 2019, 01:07 AM   #136
konniekat
Banned

Watch: TT Date 69173
I’ve only ever used tinder and that was around 2013. I fell in love once. And had a a lot of fun with another guy. Both fellas drove me mad. Just warning you. Neither work out for me. If you’re lucky you can find your soulmate online, maybe eharmony or some religious website ....or for example .. Asian/ INDIANS DATING

Also used to be on a sugar daddy dating site. You may be lucky and find a sweet lady there.
konniekat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 May 2019, 01:18 AM   #137
konniekat
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLRIDES View Post
Being a 56 year old, single, and plan on staying that way, ABSOLUTELY try it !

It’s a continuous buffet of BSC greatness for FWB. Been active online for ten years, and have no plans of stopping.

Be honest in your profile, and state very clearly your objectives. Evaluate other profiles and their objectives with the same realistic scrutiny.

PS:

Do Not approach this from a point of weakness by chasing them ! Statistically, there are far more single women than men, especially if you have your life together. A man that has a home, drivers license, stable job, no criminal background, no alcohol or drug addictions, is in the top 5% of current potentials, use this to YOUR advantage !

Be cautious of women with crumb crunchers looking for a daddy ....................... they can be the ultimate actress trying to trap you. Use the three date limit in this circumstance.

If a lady does not OFFER to pay within three dates, ................. run fast.
I have to disagree. You seem to have had some interesting experience, perhaps you haven’t Selected the women that will like you for who you are

My partner is 56, I’m 26 and we are quite serious with one other. Very lucky to have each other. I’m very loyal to him... we didn’t meet online, we met at a strip club i was working at. It’s been almost 3 years and I love him and he loves me.

Op, please don’t let this answer discourage you. There are genuine sugar babies out there just looking for some mutual benefits and in the long run you are capable of forming a serious relationship if in fact as the poster said, the girl is not an actress or just trying to hustle you.

Plenty of fishes in the seen. You only set yourself up to be used, it’s all about the beginning terms you decide when going into a sugardaddy/sugarbaby dating
Old 11 May 2019, 01:20 AM   #138
tudorbaja27
"TRF" Member

Watch: Tudor & Cartier
Quote:
Originally Posted by konniekat View Post
I have to disagree. You seem to have had some interesting experience, perhaps you haven’t Selected the women that will like you for who you are

My partner is 56, I’m 26 and we are quite serious with one other. Very lucky to have each other. I’m very loyal to him...

Op, please don’t let this answer discourage you. There are genuine sugar babies out there just looking for some mutual benefits and in the long run you are capable of forming a serious relationship if in fact as the poster said, the girl is not an actress or just trying to hustle you.

Plenty of fishes in the seen. You only set yourself up to be used, it’s all about the terms you decide when going into a sugardaddy/sugarbaby dating
Oh God...
Old 11 May 2019, 01:21 AM   #139
konniekat
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tudorbaja27 View Post
Oh God...
Oh god what?

M’y guess judging from your post you may be one of those judge mental human beings cannot stand when a guy is with someone half his age?

Im only speaking from experience, nothing wrong with me sharing my thoughts and the success and luck my partner and I have finding one another and actually forming a long term and stronge bond. You don’t know us or what he and I have struggled and gone through our lives to have made it this far. Through poverty, illness and a lot of naysayers like yourself. We seriously cannot walk into a restaurant without one or two jerkoffs looking disgusted. Fuck off.

Oh by the way. My partner is the one to help me pick out and choose my Rolex I bought last week. He feeds me gooooodddd

Anyways, back to the topic before I seriously offend someone,

Op you are capable of finding a soulmate online it’s all about luck and how you present yourself. No sugar baby will take advantage of you if you don’t put yourself out to be easily taken advantage of.

Im out of this thread before I seriously take things personal.
Old 11 May 2019, 01:36 AM   #140
tudorbaja27
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Oh god what?

M’y guess judging from your post you may be one of those judge mental human beings cannot stand when a guy is dating someone half his age?

Im only speaking from experience, nothing wrong with me sharing my thoughts and the success and luck my partner and I have finding one another and actually forming a long term and stronge bond. You don’t know us or what he and I have struggled and gone through our lives to have made it this far. Through poverty, illness and a lot of naysayers like you’re. We seriously cannot walk into a restaurant without one or two jerkoffs looking disgusted. Fuck off.

Oh by the way. My partner is the one to help me pick out and choose my Rolex I bought last week. I’ve feeds me gooooodddd

Anyways, back to the topic before I seriously offend someone,

Op you are capable of finding a soulmate online it’s all about luck and how you present yourself. No sugar baby will take advantage of you if you don’t put yourself out to be easily taken advantage of.
I am disgusted - and rightfully so.

I've been around the world - met women of all kinds - and I have zero respect for you. Have had plenty of your kind - and I get asked on a monthly basis to be someone's sugar daddy. You make me smile - and feel pity for you.

However, this is not the time nor place to talk about this.

Ciao ciao
Old 11 May 2019, 01:41 AM   #141
konniekat
Banned

Quote:
I am disgusted - and rightfully so.

I've been around the world - met women of all kinds - and I have zero respect for you. Have had plenty of your kind - and I get asked on a monthly basis to be someone's sugar daddy. You make me smile - and feel pity for you.

However, this is not the time nor place to talk about this.

Ciao ciao
Plenty of my kind? First of all I don’t ask for my partner a allowance, clearly you have been on the wrong end of sugardaddy dating and had your fair shares of women using you.... sorry but your response says it all and it seems to confirm you something against towards women who have clearly taken advantage of you. . I found my blessing and he is my partner. I wish you nothing but the best to someday find a young lady that will love you for who you are and not ‘ask you to be a sugar daddy’

There’s a difference between a sugarbaby asking you be « be their sugar daddy » vs be a boyfriend clearly, you are on the wrong end

Because I sense your anger cause you the better judgmental and seemingly you did not read. I’ve revalueate, there are some ladies online that will accept you for who you are and if youre lucky you can form a long lasting bond. My partner and I are verrryy lucky to have each other. My partner and i are not doing what you are clearly familiar with sugardaddy / sugarbaby dating. I dont ask him for a monthly allowance. You are a victim not me. You been finessed by those sugar babies. Sir.

Keep fishing and maybe you could be one of the lucky ones like my partner and find a girl that won’t ‘ask you to be her sugar daddy’ rofl

Last edited by konniekat; 11 May 2019 at 01:51 AM.. Reason: Grammar
Old 11 May 2019, 01:50 AM   #142
tudorbaja27
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Plenty of my kind? First of all I don’t ask for my partner a allowance, clearly you have been on the wrong end of sugardaddy dating and had your fair shares of women using you.... sorry but your response says it all and it seems to confirm you something against towards women who have clearly taken advantage of you. . I foubd my blessing and he is my partner.

There’s a difference between a sugarbaby asking you be « be their sugar daddy » vs be a boyfriend clearly, you are on the wrong end

Becaude you did not read. I’ve revalueate, there are some ladies online that will accept you for who you are and if youre lucky you can form a long lasting bond. My partner and I are verrryy lucky to have each other. My partner and i are not doing what you are clearly familiar with sugardaddy / sugarbaby dating. I dont ask him for a monthly allowance. You are a victim not me. You been finessed by those sugar babies. Sir.

Keep fishing and maybe you could be one of the lucky ones like my partner and find a girl that won’t ‘ask you to be her sugar daddy’ rofl
I' not sure you understood what I said. I've not been finessed by sugarbabies - quite the opposite.

However - wish you all the best.

I simply prefer to call a spade a spade.
Old 11 May 2019, 01:55 AM   #143
konniekat
Banned

Quote:
I' not sure you understood what I said. I've not been finessed by sugarbabies - quite the opposite.

However - wish you all the best.

I simply prefer to call a spade a spade.
Yea I understood alright. You assumed my partner and I were into sugardaddy dating, like yourself. But you are wrong. Sir, clearly you are more still into the sugar daddy dating scene than my partner and I are.as you claim these ladies ask you monthly to ‘be her sugar daddy’ You have been used by ‘my kind’ and have now have something against me? You don’t know me and yet you’re disgusted and don't respect me? quite contradicting considering you still get asked to be a sugar daddy. Still fishing I assume? ... It's funny to me because you started this with such animosity as though you’re more familiar with the worse outcomes . Haven't you heard the phrase, don't judge a book by its cover?

Your words not mine.

Again I only tried sharing my thoughts with op, coming from an ex sugarbaby. It's possible to find your soulmate and be taken off market like myself, it's people like Tudorbaj who have their shares of sour experiences that give sugar dating a bad rep,
Old 11 May 2019, 02:03 AM   #144
ckaynyc
"TRF" Member

Uhh...
Attached Images
File Type: png well-that-escalated-quickly-quick-meme-com-19310781.png (77.9 KB, 112 views)
ckaynyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 May 2019, 02:05 AM   #145
tudorbaja27
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Yea I understood alright. You assumed my partner and I were into sugardaddy dating, like yourself. But you are wrong. Sir, you are more into the sugar daddy dating scene than we are.as you claim these ladies ask you monthly to ‘be her sugar daddy’ You have been used by ‘my kind’ and have now have something against me? You don’t know me and yet you’re disgusted and don't respect me? quite contradicting considering you still get asked to be a sugar daddy. Still fishing I assume? ... It's funny to me because you started this with such animosity as though you’re more familiar with the worse outcomes . Haven't you heard the phrase, don't judge a book by its cover?

Your words not mine.

Again I only tried sharing my thoughts with op, coming from an ex sugarbaby. It's possible to find your soul, it's people like Tudor who have their shares of sour experiences that give sugar dating a bad rep,
"Assumption is the mother of all f***-ups."
Old 11 May 2019, 02:09 AM   #146
konniekat
Banned

Quote:
Play your cards right,
I feel sorry for you, that maybe you haven't found the one yet to have blessed you with a positive outcome to sugar dating. Clearly you been finessed plenty to have had such animosity towards me when im only trying to give op a positive outlook on sugar dating,

You're so contradicting. I hope one day you are as lucky as my partner meet a lady that will love/hook up with you not for your money and change your perspective. Again, coming from someone who claim to met plenty 'my kind' .. You sound like you're in your feelings-Based on your past and all you're probably familiar with is paying for p*****.

*drops mic
Old 11 May 2019, 02:13 AM   #147
mannyv11
"TRF" Member

Watch: DD,Sub,GMT,Daytona
wowzers
mannyv11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 May 2019, 02:14 AM   #148
mannyv11
"TRF" Member

Watch: DD,Sub,GMT,Daytona
Ibtl
mannyv11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 May 2019, 02:22 AM   #149
ckaynyc
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I don’t know why you’re letting this person get in your head.
ckaynyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 May 2019, 02:23 AM   #150
tudorbaja27
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckaynyc View Post
I don’t know why you’re letting this person get in your head.
Was asking myself the same thing