The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 24 February 2019, 12:30 AM   #31
Danny83
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Yellow Gold
Everyone pays for it one way or another lol
Danny83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 February 2019, 12:51 AM   #32
Star Ferry
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cru Jones View Post
Can’t agree, Seth, sorry. One needs to also go after those driving the demand with their open wallets....
There are tens of millions of Americans who would pay for it if given an easy opportunity. There's a much smaller group who organize brothels.

I think the best argument (for your point) would be that hardcore criminals have proven they don't care about the law, whereas Johns are responsive to law enforcement and therefore more deterrable.

My opinion of Robert Kraft hasn't actually changed. People get bored, people get lonely, and people pay for it.
Star Ferry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 February 2019, 01:21 AM   #33
Romeojk

Watch: Submariner 114060
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigblu10 View Post
Your defense of him is really lame. Are you that big of a fan?

So I’m lame.

I’m defending him as much as I would defend a friend or a neighbor or a stranger for that matter.

It was poor judgement on where and who it was with.

I would never want to do that with someone who was forced into...if that were the case here...it doesn’t mean I wouldn’t want to engage in a similar simple transaction, but the risk of it happening with a person duped into doing it along with the risk of the publicity keeps me from it.
Romeojk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24 February 2019, 01:24 AM   #34
Maybelline
Banned

All I want to know is why is it ok to talk about this legal case brought against Bob Kraft but we could not discuss the Jussie Smollett case?

I fully realize this is a private forum with rules but I honestly do not understand them.
Maybelline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 February 2019, 01:32 AM   #35
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maybelline View Post
All I want to know is why is it ok to talk about this legal case brought against Bob Kraft but we could not discuss the Jussie Smollett case?

I fully realize this is a private forum with rules but I honestly do not understand them.
probably because that one is full of issues of both politics and race. No matter the outcome or what happened its a cultural flashpoint.
current collection: Patek 5164A, Patek 5524G, Rolex Platinum Daytona 116506, Rolex Sea Dweller 43 126600, Rolex GMT II 116710LN, AP 15400ST (silver), Panerai 913, Omega Speedmaster moonwatch, Tudor Black Bay (Harrods Edition)
tyler1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 February 2019, 01:35 AM   #36
Blansky
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:

Because they all end in train wrecks and nobody cares about your or my political leanings, you snowflake you.
Blansky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 February 2019, 01:49 AM   #37
Baco Noir
"TRF" Member

Watch: this ya'll
Probably won’t be the happy ending he was expecting.
Current Collection: Rolex 116710BLNR & 216570 polar Explorer II; Omega Apollo 8 Speedmaster; Tudor BB Bronze Bucherer Blue Edition; Heuer Heritage Autavia; Nomos Club Sport Neomatik 42; Breitling Aerospace, Avenger Blackbird, & Superocean 44; Seiko Black Monster; Mickey Mouse Timex Electric; and dare I say it...an Apple Watch too
Baco Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 February 2019, 02:11 AM   #38
Gaijin

Watch: ing your back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baco Noir View Post
Probably won’t be the happy ending he was expecting.
Gaijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 February 2019, 02:15 AM   #39
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Omega
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny83 View Post
Everyone pays for it one way or another lol
Can’t argue with this truth.

IG: gsmotorclub
IG: thesawcollection

(Both mostly just car stuff)
superdog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24 February 2019, 02:20 AM   #40
Rebel
"TRF" Member

Watch: Tudor Sub 75090
Innocent until proven guilty.

If innocent, drop it. If guilty, hang 'em high.

Bless those, O Lord, injured by this awful epedemic (with this situation or not).
Old 24 February 2019, 02:23 AM   #41
Bigblu10
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel View Post
Innocent until proven guilty.

If innocent, drop it. If guilty, hang 'em high.

Bless those, O Lord, injured by this awful epedemic (with this situation or not).
The police claim to have him on camera more than once, so how does he get out of this one? Cameras don't lie.
Bigblu10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 February 2019, 02:31 AM   #42
Maybelline
Banned

Quote:
The police claim to have him on camera more than once, so how does he get out of this one? Cameras don't lie.
The ultra rich can afford a dream team of lawyers that can win almost anything.
Maybelline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 February 2019, 02:43 AM   #43
warrior
"TRF" Member

Watch: Explorer
He could argue that he went in thinking it was for a an actual massage and then it turned out to be something different. Of course, that’s a
Big stretch without knowing more facts...but he went there twice which hurts that argument. It should all come
Out soon enough. I think he’s going to end up coming out with a big apology.
Quote:
warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 February 2019, 02:49 AM   #44
FloridaRolexGuy23
Banned

70 yr old man wanted a nice shower and backrub to relieve stress so be it. let’s be real how many Thai spas in strip malls do you think are run legit by the book? I’ll answer....none. Every single one offers the happy ending into a warm towel. He just happened to pick one being watched by the feds.
FloridaRolexGuy23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 February 2019, 03:14 AM   #45
RichM

Watch: out now,take care!
Quote:

I wouldn’t be surprised if this one doesn’t end up in the tank.
TRF #139960
RichM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 February 2019, 03:21 AM   #46
Rebel
"TRF" Member

Watch: Tudor Sub 75090
Quote:
If is a conditional.......in the USA we should be innocent until proven guilty which you know. I then said, If guilty, hang 'em high.

Yes, cameras don't lie. We just need the judge to wrap the gavel and confirm guilt. Then, hang 'em.
Old 24 February 2019, 03:45 AM   #47
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
because he is going to claim entrapment. not guilty and innocent are not the same nor is the defense strategy

especially if someone asked if he wanted something "extra" and he didn't ask first and if that person was cooperating with the police in advance. However if they were, i doubt the act would be allowed to reach that far.
current collection: Patek 5164A, Patek 5524G, Rolex Platinum Daytona 116506, Rolex Sea Dweller 43 126600, Rolex GMT II 116710LN, AP 15400ST (silver), Panerai 913, Omega Speedmaster moonwatch, Tudor Black Bay (Harrods Edition)
Old 24 February 2019, 03:57 AM   #48
crew
"TRF" Member

Watch: Pepsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler1980 View Post
because he is going to claim entrapment. not guilty and innocent are not the same nor is the defense strategy

especially if someone asked if he wanted something "extra" and he didn't ask first and if that person was cooperating with the police in advance. However if they were, i doubt the act would be allowed to reach that far.
Maybe, maybe not. Entrapment is an interesting argument.
However, in this particular case, the real damage is already done. Kraft’s arrest has made international headlines. Even if he is convicted he has already paid a bigger price than any penalty given by a judge.

Btw Tyler, I really liked your earlier reply about the differences between this case and the Smollett situation. Spot on.
crew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 February 2019, 03:59 AM   #49
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crew View Post
Maybe, maybe not. Entrapment is an interesting argument.
However, in this particular case, the real damage is already done. Kraft’s arrest has made international headlines. Even if he is convicted he has already paid a bigger price than any penalty given by a judge.

Btw Tyler, I really liked your earlier reply about the differences between this case and the Smollett situation. Spot on.
i agree the damage is done regardless. I wouldn't bank on a conviction though as a lot of sting operations and especially vice related ones tend to play a little fast and loose with the rules. Only because people are too embarrassed to fight it and plead guilty, quietly.

They caught some big fish in this one so i am more interested in seeing the tactics used the the legality.

Old 24 February 2019, 04:05 AM   #50
Romeojk

Watch: Submariner 114060
I’m out. Time to make some better choices with my time today : )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Romeojk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24 February 2019, 04:25 AM   #51
Art 1
Banned

Watch: Rol/Seik/Tud/Omega
He must have sexual addiction issues or some kind of mental problem or both to go into a place like that. I hope he gets the help he needs. I feel bad for his family as this must be very embarrassing for them.
Art 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 February 2019, 04:27 AM   #52
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art 1 View Post
He must have sexual addiction issues or some kind of mental problem or both to go into a place like that. I hope he gets the help he needs. I feel bad for his family as this must be very embarrassing for them.
his wife died in 2011 and he has been dating someone half his age so i do think he is struggling with something. On the surface, getting old is scary and this kind of stuff appears to be an attempt at recapturing your youth to some extent.
Old 24 February 2019, 04:32 AM   #53
Star Ferry
Banned

Quote:

having studied criminal law at a fine law school... it's possible.

Just because an undercover officer or a collaborator offered him the "extra" service, that doesn't make his conduct (if shown that he did do it) excusable by reason of entrapment. Kraft would need to demonstrate that, in the absence of the offer/encouragement, he never would have done it. So the bar for claiming entrapment is pretty high, and I doubt this is how his counsel will proceed.

What would work better is getting at the heart of the elements of the offense (solicitation). He paid for a massage, and he got the massage. Apparently unrelated to this transaction, the masseuse offered consensual sex, and he accepted her offer. Is it that unbelievable that a masseuse would want to sleep with a billionaire celebrity businessman? He can argue that at no point did he actively solicit a sex act in exchange for money, and he'll probably win. Having sex at a massage parlor is not illegal -- they have to prove he solicited, and he'll be well defended: his net worth is higher than Palm Beach county's entire annual budget
Star Ferry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 February 2019, 04:44 AM   #54
Brew
"TRF" Member

He'll get off. Again.
Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 February 2019, 05:07 AM   #55
Blansky
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaRolexGuy23 View Post
70 yr old man wanted a nice shower and backrub to relieve stress so be it. let’s be real how many Thai spas in strip malls do you think are run legit by the book? I’ll answer....none. Every single one offers the happy ending into a warm towel. He just happened to pick one being watched by the feds.
Isn't Thai/Asian massage the nudge nudge wink wink description for bad massage with happy ending.

I guess in this case not so happy, but life sucks, ya make a billion then you die.
Blansky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 February 2019, 05:45 AM   #56
BNA/LION

Watch: ROLEX
Robert Kraft....thoughts?

WOW! Net worth of $6B, on the Top of His Game, He has a Beautiful Girlfriend (Ricki Noel Lander) with a new baby and he needs to go to a "Day Spa" for sex. WTF!

If this is true his level of respect has gone to ZERO for me. I have to admit I never really cared for him anyway.

https://pagesix.com/2018/02/28/rober...ly-had-a-baby/

Correction: Baby determined not to be his... However, Sources say that Kraft is “taking full care of Ricki and the baby,” and he has bought her a Los Angeles mansion and made some sizable financial investments on her behalf.

All Normal Behavior for a man dating a younger lady who he did not have a baby with.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg lander.jpg (62.5 KB, 161 views)

✦ 28238 President DD 18K/YG ✦ 16610LN SS Sub ✦ 16613 18K/SS Serti ✦ 16550 Exp II Non-Rail Cream Dial ✦ Daytona C 116500 ✦ 126710 BLRO GMT-Master II ✦ NEXT-->?
Hole In One! 10/3/19 DMCC 5th hole, par 3, 168 yards w/ 4-Iron.
BNA/LION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 February 2019, 06:40 AM   #57
mjr24
Banned

Quote:
i agree the damage is done regardless. I wouldn't bank on a conviction though as a lot of sting operations and especially vice related ones tend to play a little fast and loose with the rules. Only because people are too embarrassed to fight it and plead guilty, quietly.

They caught some big fish in this one so i am more interested in seeing the tactics used the the legality.

See, I'm on the order side of this. No damage is REALLY done to him. Let's be honest, he has FU money. He is 77 years old. He is still going to be rich and old after....he still is going to pay women for it. Sure, some people will look down on him....but do you think he really cares?

Human trafficking is sick, no doubt. HOWEVER, I am also not going to buy into the sensationalizing by the cops and media of ALL of this activity as trafficking. Most of the time, it's voluntary on the girls' part. However, that would not fit into the cops' narrative (especially when "trafficking" busts earn them grants and money from the states and government). I think there are places like this in EVERY state.....LOTS of them. I mean, are any of these Asian spas legit? Come on. It's akin to busting a small-time weed dealer and making him out to be El Chapo or Scarface. People read headlines....not the stuff that comes after (meaning, the facts).

The odd part is he drove to this place on purpose.....which makes no sense. He probably had 20 closer places to his house (not to mention the obvious point that he has the money to do better).
mjr24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 February 2019, 06:42 AM   #58
mjr24
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNA/LION View Post
WOW! Net worth of $6B, on the Top of His Game, He has a Beautiful Girlfriend (Ricki Noel Lander) with a new baby and he needs to go to a "Day Spa" for sex. WTF!

If this is true his level of respect has gone to ZERO for me. I have to admit I never really cared for him anyway.

https://pagesix.com/2018/02/28/rober...ly-had-a-baby/
You seem to be exactly one of those types who reads HEADLINES and not the thing after (the story). The story says the baby is NOT KRAFT'S.
mjr24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 February 2019, 06:59 AM   #59
BNA/LION

Watch: ROLEX
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjr24 View Post
You seem to be exactly one of those types who reads HEADLINES and not the thing after (the story). The story says the baby is NOT KRAFT'S.
I'll Simply Say You Don't Know Me!

Perhaps you could Kindly point out the baby was determined to not be his. In any event you have yourself a Nice Day.

✦ 28238 President DD 18K/YG ✦ 16610LN SS Sub ✦ 16613 18K/SS Serti ✦ 16550 Exp II Non-Rail Cream Dial ✦ Daytona C 116500 ✦ 126710 BLRO GMT-Master II ✦ NEXT-->?
Hole In One! 10/3/19 DMCC 5th hole, par 3, 168 yards w/ 4-Iron.
BNA/LION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 February 2019, 07:18 AM   #60
Rolexgal2017
"TRF" Member

His girlfriend is beautiful. I don't understand why he would do this.
Rolexgal2017 is offline   Reply With Quote