The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 3 June 2019, 09:29 AM   #1
CactusIcecream
"TRF" Member

Anyone have any experience with Mayor's in Atlanta Lennox Mall?

I ordered my first Rolex with them! Very excited, it's an OP 36mm.

I have been reading these forums quite a bit and have noticed many people with horror stories about AD's messing up their watch when sizing the bracelet.

I've sized my own bracelets on less expensive watches before but I typically mess it up every time with scratches. I know Rolex bracelets are supposed to be easier with the screws but I'm still nervous. On the other hand, I'm nervous of letting someone incompetent size my new watch :(

So I ask - does anyone have experience with having this location work on their watch? Does their watch maker use loctite?
CactusIcecream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 June 2019, 10:42 AM   #2
Greg 59
"TRF" Member

If you are concerned about the dealer doing it, do it yourself. Easiest way is to ensure the bracelet is supported in the upright position, put a small piece of a transparent plastic bag over the screw so should you slip you won't scratch around the edge of the bracelet. Using the correct size of screwdriver (this is really important). You can buy precision sets from most DIY stores and holding the screwdriver firmly and vertically, pressing down medium pressure, turn the screw anti clockwise. Remove and store safely.
Repeat until the required number of links removed. Ensure that you have as close to an even number on both sides of clasp. Once you are happy with the sizing, replace the screw after applying a tiny drop of loctite 251 to the thread of the screw(s). Tightening is the reverse procedure. The screw should be flush with edge of link when fully home. Wear the watch and check the screw every day for the following week. If there is any sign of it being proud of the link its starting to undo. If that happens, start over but apply a little more loctite.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Greg 59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 June 2019, 11:08 AM   #3
Quailhunter
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex President
I’ve bought several watches from a Mayors. Each was sized there and done perfectly.
Quailhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 June 2019, 11:19 AM   #4
Pw92676
"TRF" Member

I have not had any issues with them sizing. Service yes, sizing no.
Pw92676 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 June 2019, 11:31 AM   #5
c41006
"TRF" Member

Watch: Pelagos
I’ve never purchased from them but I did have a bracelet sized there. The lady scratched up the screws and put I little scratch on one of the links but oh well I got over it quickly. I scratch my watches up far worse than she could ever do.
c41006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 June 2019, 12:12 PM   #6
BT1985
"TRF" Member

Very professional location. You have nothing to worry about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BT1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 June 2019, 12:18 PM   #7
Ticknaway
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex
You may need to heat up the screws prior to removal.
Ticknaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 June 2019, 12:32 PM   #8
Coolex
Banned

Jorge is great
Coolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 June 2019, 02:44 PM   #9
Timenor3c
"TRF" Member

New to the forums here... ordered a CHNR from Mayors North Point and left a 20% deposit. I am concerned because I heard they are demolishing the mall but the sales associate told me Rolex was taking orders on the watch so I should be safe. I know Lenox probably has more volume but I also heard from the sales associate that they closed down the Phipps Mayors location.

To my understanding Rolex is no longer taking orders on the CHNR from mayors in GA. Anyone have any idea how long I could be waiting? It’s been over a month now since I left a deposit.
Timenor3c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 June 2019, 01:09 AM   #10
SlowhandBuzz
"TRF" Member

I've heard nothing of North Point being demolished, it was very much alive and well yesterday.
SlowhandBuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 June 2019, 01:48 AM   #11
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Mayors in Tampa and UTC Mall resized my Rollies and all was fine.
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'Wow! What a Ride!'” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Sent from my Etch A Sketch using String Theory.
enjoythemusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 June 2019, 01:58 AM   #12
holdtime
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CactusIcecream View Post
I ordered my first Rolex with them! Very excited, it's an OP 36mm.

I have been reading these forums quite a bit and have noticed many people with horror stories about AD's messing up their watch when sizing the bracelet.

I've sized my own bracelets on less expensive watches before but I typically mess it up every time with scratches. I know Rolex bracelets are supposed to be easier with the screws but I'm still nervous. On the other hand, I'm nervous of letting someone incompetent size my new watch :(

So I ask - does anyone have experience with having this location work on their watch? Does their watch maker use loctite?
Nothing But good experience.With Mayors Lennox.Atlanta.
Very Professional.
Ask For Gave.
holdtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 June 2019, 01:59 AM   #13
ronricks
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 126610LV
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timenor3c View Post
New to the forums here... ordered a CHNR from Mayors North Point and left a 20% deposit. I am concerned because I heard they are demolishing the mall but the sales associate told me Rolex was taking orders on the watch so I should be safe. I know Lenox probably has more volume but I also heard from the sales associate that they closed down the Phipps Mayors location.

To my understanding Rolex is no longer taking orders on the CHNR from mayors in GA. Anyone have any idea how long I could be waiting? It’s been over a month now since I left a deposit.
North Point isn't being demolished.

The Mayors in Lenox recently moved to the luxury wing if I remember correctly.
ronricks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 June 2019, 02:10 AM   #14
MyLord
"TRF" Member

Bought my first Rolex there and little did I know the sales lady did a hack job on the screws when fitting my wrist. Other then that, it’s a little nerve wrecking walking out of there with it being pretty ghetto.
MyLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 June 2019, 04:39 AM   #15
Timenor3c
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowhandBuzz View Post
I've heard nothing of North Point being demolished, it was very much alive and well yesterday.
To my understanding, most of the stores that were staple moved onto the Avalon in Alpharetta.

AJC releases an article stating they are going to demolish parts of the mall to make an outdoor like feel.

Either way, I left a deposit for a CHNR, checked in almost 2 months later and they said Rolex isn’t allowing any Mayors nationally to order the CHNR. They couldn’t tell me anything all that they said was I’m guaranteed a watch.

Mayors sales person told me the ATL northpoint location is the smallest retail store brick and mortar in southeast..

Just seems odd all around, given I have friends who ordered from Lenox and got the watch in 2-4 weeks (no AD history).
Old 4 June 2019, 05:23 AM   #16
c41006
"TRF" Member

Watch: Pelagos
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyLord View Post
Bought my first Rolex there and little did I know the sales lady did a hack job on the screws when fitting my wrist. Other then that, it’s a little nerve wrecking walking out of there with it being pretty ghetto.

In what way is it “ghetto”?
c41006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 June 2019, 05:33 AM   #17
Brny11
"TRF" Member

Anyone have any experience with Mayor's in Atlanta Lennox Mall?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ticknaway View Post
You may need to heat up the screws prior to removal.

This!! The ONLY way you or Mayors will scratch is likely if loctite is preventing screw removal. In either case if not careful they have just as much chance scratching as you do. I would try to remove the screws but don’t put too much force as to risk the driver from coming out and ripping across the link. If it is too tight, I used a butane lighter on the screw and it worked like a charm! See my “started threads” for more information... this was recommended by a top member of the forum.

Kind of sucks as if they scratch it you will wish you did it yourself and if you scratch it, you will wish they did it.

Again, I’d say do it yourself and be extra careful.

Good luck!

Edit:

Link to post... https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?p=9683371
Brny11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 June 2019, 06:02 AM   #18
Coolex
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timenor3c View Post

They closed the one in Phipps because less than half a mile away they are relocating and renovating their Lenox location to open a Rolex Boutique in the luxury wing of Lenox.

The Phipp's location only sold pre-owned Rolex watches, so in my opinion it wasn't really like the Mayor's across the street in Lenox. No need for both of them.
Coolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 June 2019, 10:53 AM   #19
1WatchDawg
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16610T Sub Date
The Phipps store was an AD until about three years ago. They had good inventory and much less pressure!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1WatchDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 June 2019, 11:02 AM   #20
Timenor3c
"TRF" Member

I have another question - when Mayors or any AD says they can “order the watch for you”, is this the same as being in a list? I left a deposit and they said I should receive a watch (no timeline guaranteed).

What is the difference between being on a list for a watch & being able to “order one”. The AD in Mayors also let me know they could only place orders on two-tone pieces and could not place orders or take deposits on any stainless steel models.

After checking in two months later the AD said they can no longer order the CHNR, but assured me I should get a piece for sure in the future. Am I truly in a separate bucket given Rolex “allowed them” to take orders for the CHNR?
Old 18 June 2019, 11:06 AM   #21
inadeje
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: me lose count.
I usually decline sizing and do it myself. Just need one link out on most Rolex pieces anyway. I’m never in an urgency to wear the watch right there and then.
♛ 116689 ♛ 116500LN Blk ♛ 116500LN Wht ♛ Sky Dweller 326934-003 ♛ 126710BLNR ♛ 126710BLRO - ♛ 126610LV ♛ 16520 ♛ 16523 ♛ 16610 ♛ 5513 Birth Year - ✠ Patek Philippe 5980/1A-001 - AP 26331ST Panda - Panerai Fiddy 127, Bronzo 671, 687, 111, Ω Speedmaster 1957 Broad Arrow, Daniel Roth Endurer Chronosprint, Cartier Santos XL - ✿ Tudor Black Bay 58 Bronze M79012M, Montblanc TimeWalker Chrono 41
inadeje is offline   Reply With Quote