The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Vintage Rolex Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 13 October 2019, 05:11 AM   #1
Kingsking
"TRF" Member

Opinions on beat up 1968 Tudor Submariner

Been looking locally for a true beater Tudor sub for a few months now and came across this one, now i know it is in rough shape and has been worn hard but i'd still like some opinions on it and if its a fair value for the price. Below are some pictures and the original listing from the seller. Thanks in advance.

Up for sale is a rare, transitional Tudor Submariner Reference 7016/0, dating from 1968. What is special about this watch is that in 1968, Tudor changed the reference of their Submariner from 7829 to 7016, but for the first portion of the year, the "Small Rose" logo and dial lay out remained, but the then new ETA Caliber 2483 was used. The watch was then changed to the "Snowflake" shortly after. This watch has all the points which this rare reference should bear, such as:
-625XXX serial number, dating it to early 1968
-unique case back stamping of 7528, I68, which represents first quarter of 1968.

Now, this watch was no safe queen. It is heavily worn, but still totally wearable. The dial has been high quality refinished, and the bezel insert is also a high quality, fat font looking replacement. Everything else is 100% original, including the correct twin lock crown.

The watch was recently overhauled, including new crystal and gaskets, so this watch is ready to get wet if needed

Dial was redone by international dial co.