The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 7 October 2018, 04:41 PM   #1
dubaiart
"TRF" Member

AP quality control issues!

Recently i was having issues with my ROC. Few months ago i noticed one of the pushers missing! So i sent my watch to AP boutique in Dubai Mall and they replaced the missing pusher with a new one. However, when i got the watch i noticed one of the eight hexagonal screws is not aligned as per AP standards!!

I am attaching a photo which shows the bad quality control by AP

I am not sure how can AP allow their watch maker to send the watch like this!

Or maybe they don’t really care about customers anymore
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 61D0848E-94E1-4DC6-814D-97F1E08DF8AF.jpeg (163.0 KB, 665 views)
dubaiart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 October 2018, 05:22 PM   #2
SC11
Banned

Watch: AP ☠️
Dubai mall is a service centre so would of been repaired on site so it’s a real shame they handed you the watch back like that as it would of at least gone pass two memebers of staff who should of inspected the watch!

Nothing to do with customer care just a general error, granted a bad one but will be rectified when you return it.

Far from ideal I know but hardly a case of not caring about the customer!
SC11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 October 2018, 05:29 PM   #3
bayerische
"TRF" Member

Watch: Smurf
Whoa. I get it from a not-so-good independent, but from an APSC?!
Old 7 October 2018, 05:42 PM   #4
dubaiart
"TRF" Member

AP has only two boutiques in the whole country and Dubai Mall is one of the two boutiques of AP. This boutique is also AP main service center for Gulf Counties as i was told by AP service manager at the boutique . Although i agree that it is an error, it should not be acceptable by AP themselves

I sent an email to AP official’s email listed for my region. Let’s see if they will respond and this will be a real indicator of their customer service

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC11 View Post
Dubai mall is a service centre so would of been repaired on site so it’s a real shame they handed you the watch back like that as it would of at least gone pass two memebers of staff who should of inspected the watch!

Nothing to do with customer care just a general error, granted a bad one but will be rectified when you return it.

Far from ideal I know but hardly a case of not caring about the customer!
Old 7 October 2018, 05:43 PM   #5
dubaiart
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayerische View Post
X2
Old 7 October 2018, 05:43 PM   #6
PJ S
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubaiart View Post

I am not sure how can AP allow their watch maker to send the watch like this!

Or maybe they don’t really care about customers anymore
A touch heavy with the melodramatics — in the grand scheme of things it is a sign of sloppiness, but not a calamity.
At least they didn’t have a few spare parts after assembling the movement, since that would’ve been a lot more disconcerting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayerische View Post
To err is to be human. Have you never made a simple mistake in your professional life?
PJ S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 October 2018, 05:57 PM   #7
dubaiart
"TRF" Member

With AP heritage of excellence and the premium they are charging, this error needs to be highlighted

A watch is meant to be enjoyed with quality of the watchmaker not to go through inconvenient of returning it and then waiting for a small mistake to be corrected after weeks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ S View Post
A touch heavy with the melodramatics — in the grand scheme of things it is a sign of sloppiness, but not a calamity.
At least they didn’t have a few spare parts after assembling the movement, since that would’ve been a lot more disconcerting.

To err is to be human. Have you never made a simple mistake in your professional life?
Old 7 October 2018, 06:00 PM   #8
SC11
Banned

Quote:
AP has only two boutiques in the whole country and Dubai Mall is one of the two boutiques of AP. This boutique is also AP main service center for Gulf Counties as i was told by AP service manager at the boutique . Although i agree that it is an error, it should not be acceptable by AP themselves

I sent an email to AP official’s email listed for my region. Let’s see if they will respond and this will be a real indicator of their customer service
I’m aware the Dubai Mall boutique is a service centre hence my post confirming that, it’s not ideal but as PJ S has pointed out this is just a case of human error and a mistake which can be easily rectified and no need for heads to roll!

Far from ideal I know but nothing to loose sleep over.

Take it back they’ll sort it
Old 7 October 2018, 06:07 PM   #9
SC11
Banned

Quote:
With AP heritage of excellence and the premium they are charging, this error needs to be highlighted

A watch is meant to be enjoyed with quality of the watchmaker not to go through inconvenient of returning it and then waiting for a small mistake to be corrected after weeks!
I agree it does but nothing to really stress about, my measure on exellence would be more based on how they handle and deal with this mistake!
Old 8 October 2018, 01:58 AM   #10
improviz
"TRF" Member

Watch: your step
Try decaf. Mistakes happen, and they'll rectifiy it in short order.
116520 white; 16613 black; 116710; 16570 polar; 16600. AP 15400; 15703. Blancpain Fifty Fathoms. Glashutte Sport Evo GMT. Omega Planet Ocean 2907.50.91; Planet Ocean Liquidmetal LE 222.30.42.20.01.001; Seamaster 2255.80.00. Breitling Crosswind, white. Panerai PAM 005. VC Overseas Chrono, black.
improviz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 October 2018, 02:10 AM   #11
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
Agree that it's not the end of the world but AP do pride themselves on professionalism so send a pic of that to them and ask for a free cap or some goodies for the extra hassle.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 October 2018, 02:23 AM   #12
Burlington
"TRF" Member

AP quality control issues!

When things go wrong as happens time to time, AP will be quick to rectify.

― Winston S. Churchill
Burlington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 October 2018, 02:54 AM   #13
improviz
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK797 View Post
Agree that it's not the end of the world but AP do pride themselves on professionalism so send a pic of that to them and ask for a free cap or some goodies for the extra hassle.
Agreed, some serious SWAG is in order here. :)
116520 white; 16613 black; 116710; 16570 polar; 16600. AP 15400; 15703. Blancpain Fifty Fathoms. Glashutte Sport Evo GMT. Omega Planet Ocean 2907.50.91; Planet Ocean Liquidmetal LE 222.30.42.20.01.001; Seamaster 2255.80.00. Breitling Crosswind, white. Panerai PAM 005. VC Overseas Chrono, black.
Old 8 October 2018, 03:18 AM   #14
RolexZen
"TRF" Member

Watch: No Rolex
Very embarrassing. You would think that this would be something that would be noticed before returning the watch to the customer, but...

>Or maybe they don’t really care about customers anymore

..but I don't know how you make this leap! Do you really imagine that the watchmaker or company as a whole would have an attitude that they would replace the pusher and not care if the bezel "screws" are aligned?

I am sure the watchmaker is embarrassed by this, and expect that the boutique/service center will take care of it.

Not sure that escalating it to AP Regional Office is necessary before you let the boutique/service center respond, but since you did, you should probably do more than send an email. Maybe a phone call or a posted letter, if escalation is important to you?
RolexZen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 October 2018, 03:51 AM   #15
DahMan
Banned

Who did the pusher fall out....
DahMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 October 2018, 04:17 AM   #16
ragsk
Banned

Its not great. But its just a human error - can happen to the best of companies. AP will sort it out in a flash.

On the other hand - I just got my Rolex Daytona back from service on Friday. Went to Rolex direct - came back after 6 weeks with a misaligned clasp that no longer closed. It was perfect when I gave it in.........compare that to a single screw minor error AP made.
ragsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 October 2018, 09:47 AM   #17
Gh0st0
"TRF" Member

I’d say it’s a manufacturing defect and sell the watch at a premium!!
Gh0st0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 October 2018, 12:30 PM   #18
79280_116520
"TRF" Member

AP doesn't care about customers post-sale. If they cannot even line up their trademark screws, I dunno what else to say....
79280_116520 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 October 2018, 01:13 AM   #19
improviz
"TRF" Member

Thank you for contributing absolutely nothing to the thread by writing an ignorant statement that is demonstrably false.
Old 9 October 2018, 01:23 AM   #20
dubaiart
"TRF" Member

got an official response from AP's regional Client Care which i did not expect to be that fast! the problem will be solved centrally. thanks everyone for your input
Old 9 October 2018, 02:09 AM   #21
SC11
Banned

Quote:
got an official response from AP's regional Client Care which i did not expect to be that fast! the problem will be solved centrally. thanks everyone for your input
Our point all along they’ll fix it

But then what else did we expect to happen?!
Old 9 October 2018, 02:26 AM   #22
Burlington
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Yep - they go the extra mile.

― Winston S. Churchill
Burlington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 October 2018, 02:47 AM   #23
CoveWatch
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex & AP
Quote:
Glad to hear it solved rather quickly
CoveWatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 October 2018, 08:26 AM   #24
SimpleMan91
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5712a,5170P,5980R,
Here’s my ROC. 2 days after I bought it I noticed something missing. It was brand new! I got my watch back after 8 weeks...
Really upsetting on a 56k watch...
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 0F018CCF-244C-4CF8-8289-F89BBBA793C2.jpeg (90.1 KB, 352 views)
SimpleMan91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 October 2018, 04:54 PM   #25
SC11
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan91 View Post
Here’s my ROC. 2 days after I bought it I noticed something missing. It was brand new! I got my watch back after 8 weeks...
Really upsetting on a 56k watch...
Faulty marker with no lume? Can’t tell from pic but guess it’s not a missing marker as that would of stuck out like a sore thumb!

Price is irrelevant as I guess its material on a PM watch rather then movement work, it shouldn’t happen even on a basic SS ROC but sadly human error does!

Given the age IMO I do feel situations like these they should just swap the watch rather then repair, did you buy from an AD or boutique?
Old 9 October 2018, 10:14 PM   #26
SimpleMan91
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC11 View Post
Faulty marker with no lume? Can’t tell from pic but guess it’s not a missing marker as that would of stuck out like a sore thumb!

Price is irrelevant as I guess its material on a PM watch rather then movement work, it shouldn’t happen even on a basic SS ROC but sadly human error does!

Given the age IMO I do feel situations like these they should just swap the watch rather then repair, did you buy from an AD or boutique?

Yup 2 o’clock wouldn’t lume! I was shocked how quality control wouldn’t notice that..from an AD. They said they couldn’t swap, the only option was to send it back to AP for repair.
Old 9 October 2018, 11:14 PM   #27
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Ugh that’s extremely annoying and not what I’ve come to expect from APSC. Fortunately it seems to be an exception and not the norm.
Old 9 October 2018, 11:59 PM   #28
dubaiart
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Yup 2 o’clock wouldn’t lume! I was shocked how quality control wouldn’t notice that..from an AD. They said they couldn’t swap, the only option was to send it back to AP for repair.
that's unfortunate and disappointing. however, you can the below page and someone from AP will contact you with details

https://www.audemarspiguet.com/en/contact/
Old 10 October 2018, 01:18 AM   #29
SimpleMan91
"TRF" Member

Quote:
that's unfortunate and disappointing. however, you can the below page and someone from AP will contact you with details

https://www.audemarspiguet.com/en/contact/
I got it fixed already. Took 8 weeks... This happened a year ago. Hopefully quality control has gotten better!
Old 10 October 2018, 04:26 AM   #30
SC11
Banned

Quote:
I got it fixed already. Took 8 weeks... This happened a year ago. Hopefully quality control has gotten better!
Purely speculation I know but it would be safe to assume movement parts etc would be well stocked but dials being individual parts the delay may of been waiting on this component given the speed of which we typically see AP turn around repair work.

Either way it’s my view any fault within such a short time frame of collection should be swapped out and not repaired but ultimately that falls to the AD and not AP.