The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 12 May 2019, 11:25 PM   #31
Calatrava r
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex and Patek
The lists are really a myth. They sell to whom they want when they want to and have the watch. That could be a first time big VIP with whom they want to create a relationship with or use as a barter or bundle in a big purchase of other items. To sell to just people on a list in this market is not good business sense to any AD at this point given such limited supply.
Calatrava r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 May 2019, 11:27 PM   #32
Fat_ninja
Banned

Watch: P-01
Reminds me i gotta go get on a list today
Fat_ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 May 2019, 11:27 PM   #33
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
In my opinion it mostly comes down to who you know at your AD. If you’re just starting out it will take some time to develop a relationship.

We seen a few incomings where the buyers are not the biggest spenders, but just regular folk who inquire and eventually receive the reference they are looking for.

Good luck, and welcome to the forum
brandrea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12 May 2019, 11:44 PM   #34
strafer_kid
"TRF" Member

Watch: SDs, Subs & GMTs
Quote:
Originally Posted by glg View Post
I don’t believe there is an actual list.
The only choice they make is weather they sell it retail to a good customer or with a hat to somebody else .
That is what I figure recently when I searched for a sub .
It seems that many ad have subs but not for everyone .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Must say that I am fairly sceptical about the whole list thing and who is where on the list and so forth. I doubt that anyone from a customer standpoint, ever actually sees a list. Sure, they are told from time to time that they are fifth or sixth or whatever, but the circumstances could change in a heart beat and in any event no list would be binding on the part of the seller.
strafer_kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 May 2019, 11:51 PM   #35
Rocket launcher
Banned

Depends on the AD
If you go in and look like a flipper never

If you go in and show that the watch you want is your dream watch..you may get on the list

If you go in and list a load of watches you want never

This is how it's working for me..it worked for my mate as well who is now at the final stage daytona.

First of all buy a lesser Rolex..all journeys start at the beginning

If you go in 6 months after buying a less wanted watch such as an Air-King, DJ41 or a milgauss and you then say your dream watch is one of the middle stram watches such as a bluesie or a CHNR or a TT daytona and you don't look like a flipper and you look the part ..
You will get one in a week..this is the main purchase this shows you are interested in the brand and have money to show commitment.
At this stage you will be in the ADS book with a mark next to your name

Once you have the lesser and the middle watch you should be able to go in 6 months later and get a submariner or a submariner date. Expect to wait 4 to 8 months for this watch..you then get 2 marks in the book

Now you have relationship go in 2 months after this for a visit wearing your lesser watch such as your airking or DJ41..then 2 after that with your middle watch bluesy or CHNR then 2 after that with your Sub Date on to buy your number 1 dream watch
It shows you have not flipped you collection so ask for a
Pepsi..batgirl..or hulk and you will get on the list with a 9 to 18 month wait ..

Deal with the manager or the deputy manager each time...they have the book with there contacts in
Then after this stage a year later go in for a Daytona.
Do not rush the process and enjoy the journey
It's worked for me in 6 months I will have the submariner date..
As I said my mate is due his daytona..

ADS still want a steady flow of customers..
However they are now choosing who to sell to as potentially selling a daytona SS it like giving some one £8000

You have to play the game and slowly step by step if you don't your out and if they think you flip your out before you begin
Rocket launcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 May 2019, 11:53 PM   #36
Quamby
"TRF" Member

I haven't had an AD salesman tell me to go grey, yet.

:)))))
Quamby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 May 2019, 12:06 AM   #37
t65tampa
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobearH View Post
From one minute to never depending upon the AD who you are.

That’s about right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 13 May 2019, 05:25 AM   #38
filsgreen
"TRF" Member

Is this waiting list thing just in America, or is it the same for the UK? Also, does it matter what watch you are after?
filsgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 February 2020, 11:48 PM   #39
Tframo
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16570 Polar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket launcher View Post
Depends on the AD
If you go in and look like a flipper never

If you go in and show that the watch you want is your dream watch..you may get on the list

If you go in and list a load of watches you want never

This is how it's working for me..it worked for my mate as well who is now at the final stage daytona.

First of all buy a lesser Rolex..all journeys start at the beginning

If you go in 6 months after buying a less wanted watch such as an Air-King, DJ41 or a milgauss and you then say your dream watch is one of the middle stram watches such as a bluesie or a CHNR or a TT daytona and you don't look like a flipper and you look the part ..
You will get one in a week..this is the main purchase this shows you are interested in the brand and have money to show commitment.
At this stage you will be in the ADS book with a mark next to your name

Once you have the lesser and the middle watch you should be able to go in 6 months later and get a submariner or a submariner date. Expect to wait 4 to 8 months for this watch..you then get 2 marks in the book

Now you have relationship go in 2 months after this for a visit wearing your lesser watch such as your airking or DJ41..then 2 after that with your middle watch bluesy or CHNR then 2 after that with your Sub Date on to buy your number 1 dream watch
It shows you have not flipped you collection so ask for a
Pepsi..batgirl..or hulk and you will get on the list with a 9 to 18 month wait ..

Deal with the manager or the deputy manager each time...they have the book with there contacts in
Then after this stage a year later go in for a Daytona.
Do not rush the process and enjoy the journey
It's worked for me in 6 months I will have the submariner date..
As I said my mate is due his daytona..

ADS still want a steady flow of customers..
However they are now choosing who to sell to as potentially selling a daytona SS it like giving some one £8000

You have to play the game and slowly step by step if you don't your out and if they think you flip your out before you begin

This is the way that’s worked for me. Started with DJ41, then got a call for the sub 6 months later. Now waiting for a call on the Pepsi or Batman.
Tframo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 February 2020, 01:07 AM   #40
Buckaroo Banzai
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 12671
I put in a request for a Sub C ND and a BLRO in February 2019. I then had my father's DJ serviced (it needed it, crystal was chipped and hadn't been worn in a couple of years). I also asked about my mother's TT DJ and my grandmother's 5005. I bought the Sub CND from a grey and acquired a Blue Pelagos from Christie's. Had the Pelagos serviced.

In July 2019 got a text if I was interested in a TT GMT. Said I appreciated the offer but had my heart set on the BLRO.

After that figured I was screwed since I turned down an offer. Then got the call for the BLRO last month.

Now I'm saving money and figuring what other watch to acquire. In the meantime I told my SA I was interested in some Jewelry for the wife so will work on that also.
Buckaroo Banzai is offline   Reply With Quote