The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 17 October 2023, 12:15 PM   #61
Justindo
"TRF" Member

I'm personally not a fan of integrated bracelet watches, but between the two on your list, I'd go for the Overseas without question. If it was between the Overseas and the classic Royal Oak, I'd go AP, as it was the original, but I really don't like the Royal Oak Offshore.

As for the brand as a whole, VC is clearly better with a great catalog.
Justindo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 November 2023, 03:13 PM   #62
sashap
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Daytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by charger_vital View Post
For me it's model specific. The Dual Time is probably VCs best look and the ROO Diver AP's worst. So in this case it's VC.

But I think the ROO Chrono or RO Chrono vs Gen 3 Overseas Chrono is a much closer decision. And between the time-only or time/date versions of the RO v. VCO, I'd have to go RO. But that's just me.
RO Chrono would be my first choice as the grail watch (after Patek Nautilus moonphase)….but cost is a factor and more than double :(. Something to aspire to and perhaps add to my collection in the future. As it stands now, I’m set to get the VC Dual Time with blue dial (trading in my Pam 233 and IWC 7 day) and keeping my Daytona Panda and my Sub. Hope my Rolex dealer comes through on Pepsi in the next year or two as well. Then I only need a nice dress watch…likely a Patrimony or Calatrava at some point in the future. Never ends!!!
sashap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 November 2023, 09:40 PM   #63
charger_vital
"TRF" Member

Watch: LF Sport & Pepsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by sashap View Post
RO Chrono would be my first choice as the grail watch (after Patek Nautilus moonphase)….but cost is a factor and more than double :(. Something to aspire to and perhaps add to my collection in the future. As it stands now, I’m set to get the VC Dual Time with blue dial (trading in my Pam 233 and IWC 7 day) and keeping my Daytona Panda and my Sub. Hope my Rolex dealer comes through on Pepsi in the next year or two as well. Then I only need a nice dress watch…likely a Patrimony or Calatrava at some point in the future. Never ends!!!

Solid collection, and good moves, I think. VCO Dual Time, Daytona, Sub, and Pepsi is a great line up. Gives a lot of flexibility on the eventual dress watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
charger_vital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 November 2023, 12:31 AM   #64
DGB
"TRF" Member

VC OS is a beautiful watch, the blue dial is gorgeous, a better option than the AE in my opinion.
DGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 December 2023, 09:11 AM   #65
Titleistek
"TRF" Member

VC for sure!
Titleistek is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 7 January 2024, 11:54 AM   #66
sashap
"TRF" Member

All, just to close this off…I purchased a new Vacheron Constantin Dual Time 4700v (blue dial) and new. On it’s way and hoping it does not get lost in shipping. Will post some photos when it finally arrives. Super excited and thank you all for your opinions!

Alex
Old 7 January 2024, 11:56 AM   #67
sashap
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by charger_vital View Post
For me it's model specific. The Dual Time is probably VCs best look and the ROO Diver AP's worst. So in this case it's VC.

But I think the ROO Chrono or RO Chrono vs Gen 3 Overseas Chrono is a much closer decision. And between the time-only or time/date versions of the RO v. VCO, I'd have to go RO. But that's just me.
RO Chrono is one of my grail watches (along with 5712 Patek) but 2x the price of the VC. It will join the collection some day :)
Old 7 January 2024, 01:01 PM   #68
ZipBang
"TRF" Member

Watch: Zeitwerk Date
VC DT over the AP ROO
ZipBang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 January 2024, 02:01 PM   #69
Jmaster
"TRF" Member

Quote:
All, just to close this off…I purchased a new Vacheron Constantin Dual Time 4700v (blue dial) and new. On it’s way and hoping it does not get lost in shipping. Will post some photos when it finally arrives. Super excited and thank you all for your opinions!

Alex
Congrats. You won’t be disappointed with the Dual Time. I love mine and it’s a favorite in my collection.
Old 8 January 2024, 09:20 AM   #70
CraigStewart
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Alex

7900v?

In any event, congratulations!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
CraigStewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 January 2024, 12:27 PM   #71
RotorSelfWinding
"TRF" Member

VC is better watchmaking so I’ll go with that.
RotorSelfWinding is offline   Reply With Quote