The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 25 December 2023, 02:48 PM   #1
MAT4150
"TRF" Member

Little Lange Aventurine Dial

I’ve been eyeing a Lange 1 and the Little Lange with the aventurine dial has been growing on me and curious how it wears long term. I‘ve tried on the brown model and it fit pretty well. Wrists are about 6 in so can pull off a full size Lange but like the slightly smaller size of the Little Lange case. Does the aventurine blend in on the wrist or does it wear on the louder side. Would welcome people’s thoughts. Thanks!
MAT4150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 December 2023, 04:09 PM   #2
rolexandlange
"TRF" Member

Reading time has to be difficult? I’ve had several L1s and even on a 38.5mm face the time display is small and hard to read if there isn’t enough contrast hands to dial
rolexandlange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 December 2023, 11:09 AM   #3
CFR
2024 Pledge Member

A sales associate at the boutique mentioned the other day that the Little Lange 1 with the blue aventurine dial is no longer available, at least for now -- that Lange isn't taking orders for them. If you end up pursuing it, please let us know, and good luck!

FYI, I've tried it several times and think it's beautiful. Perfect size, and no, not too loud. The other Little Lange 1 I like is the 182.030 RG silver dial moonphase with the white moonphase disc.

Pic from Deployant:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg lange_little_182086_182030.jpg (119.2 KB, 519 views)
CFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 December 2023, 11:14 AM   #4
Calatrava r
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex and Patek
Hope you can land one, seeing as they may now be no longer available.
Calatrava r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 December 2023, 02:25 AM   #5
hgg43c
"TRF" Member

Watch: 3 + 4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
hgg43c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 December 2023, 03:10 AM   #6
hgg43c
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hgg43c View Post

I was on the fence as well, between the time I tried it on and went back to order Lange closed the order for now- kind of annoyed that they didn’t give me a heads up - oh well

Old 27 December 2023, 03:40 AM   #7
Watchlurker11
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I was on the fence as well, between the time I tried it on and went back to order Lange closed the order for now- kind of annoyed that they didn’t give me a heads up - oh well
Did they communicate whether this was temporary or not? tx
Watchlurker11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 December 2023, 05:41 AM   #8
hgg43c
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchlurker11 View Post
Did they communicate whether this was temporary or not? tx

I wasn’t given an explanation which was disappointing as the delta between my inquiry and their closing their order book wasn’t that far apart - but I have a feeling that at some point it will open up again - worse case there is always the secondary market - for now I’m going to wait and see before making any decisions.

Old 27 December 2023, 06:13 AM   #9
Watchlurker11
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I have a feeling that at some point it will open up again - worse case there is always the secondary market - for now I’m going to wait and see before making any decisions.
ugh, that really, REALLY sucks. to expand on your worst case however, true worst case would be if the watch gets discontinued, secondary could quickly flip from MSRP- to MSRP+ and the uncertainty on whether this is temporary or permanent sort of ties your hands on doing anything before any secondary price moves (which was what prompted my earlier question); also even if only temporary this makes things really tight against any potential spring price increase. good luck!
Old 27 December 2023, 06:27 AM   #10
llngoc
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I wasn’t given an explanation which was disappointing as the delta between my inquiry and their closing their order book wasn’t that far apart - but I have a feeling that at some point it will open up again - worse case there is always the secondary market - for now I’m going to wait and see before making any decisions.

Here is my journey.

When the Little One aventurin was announced back in April 2021. I ordered it right away via an AD as he was able to get me a small discount. But four months later he informed me that he could not deliver as he became one of the ADs being cut by Lange.

I promptly contacted the closest corporate boutique but was told that I could not order the watch anymore. But the boutique director took my information and told me that he will contact me as soon as it is available again for ordering. I did not think much of it since l was not a previous client.

On New Years Eve 2022, he texted me and informed me that the Little One was available to order again but I need to decide fast as he has a feeling that the ordering window would be very small. And I promptly paid the deposit. I was given a delivery date of mid 2023. And apparently the multi layered aventurin dial was very difficult for Lange to produce in quantity.

In April, I was contacted about a pending price increase and was given an option to pay the watch in full to freeze the price. I did and the watch was delivered in June. I was told at that time that he could no longer order this reference again .

It does seem like the ordering window does come and go when Lange clears out the queue but the production issue was never resolved.

This dial is gorgeous. The blue is more vibrant when compared to a very old blue djal Lange One I also owned. Legilibity should not be an issue with silver hand over a dark blue dial with speckles of copper dust.
llngoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 December 2023, 08:57 AM   #11
Watchlurker11
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by llngoc View Post
Here is my journey...This dial is gorgeous. The blue is more vibrant when compared to a very old blue djal Lange One I also owned. Legilibity should not be an issue with silver hand over a dark blue dial with speckles of copper dust.
Given the issues Lange has had in the production process did they say anything re: the fragility of the dial once its in the case? i.e. is aventurine generally prone to developing cracks?

as a datapoint I was quoted 8+ months somewhat recently so maybe its just queue management.
Old 2 January 2024, 06:54 AM   #12
djnick
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Given the issues Lange has had in the production process did they say anything re: the fragility of the dial once its in the case? i.e. is aventurine generally prone to developing cracks?

as a datapoint I was quoted 8+ months somewhat recently so maybe its just queue management.
same dial they use for the saxonia copper blue boutique edition and those seems to be plenty available so not sure why L1 is having issues
djnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 January 2024, 12:45 PM   #13
Watchlurker11
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by djnick View Post
same dial they use for the saxonia copper blue boutique edition and those seems to be plenty available so not sure why L1 is having issues
the production issues have been well publicized. don't know if this is the source of the issues (nor whether it was for aventurine generally or just the LL1), but the saxonia dial is a single flat layer while the LL1 has depressions for hour and seconds registers as well as the cutout for the flat date.
Old 4 January 2024, 02:02 AM   #14
MAT4150
"TRF" Member

What are they going for at list nowadays? I know they were like $45k when they came out but with the price increases Lange has done recently not sure where it was at now.
MAT4150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 January 2024, 02:07 AM   #15
hgg43c
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAT4150 View Post
What are they going for at list nowadays? I know they were like $45k when they came out but with the price increases Lange has done recently not sure where it was at now.

$54.7k was what the price was at the end of the year unless I’m mistaken

Old 4 January 2024, 04:58 AM   #16
llngoc
"TRF" Member

Quote:
$54.7k was what the price was at the end of the year unless I’m mistaken

Wow. I paid $45k right before the price increase in March 2023 (post March price was supposed to be $50k hence I prepaid my order). Was there a second price hike?
llngoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 January 2024, 08:44 AM   #17
Watchlurker11
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by llngoc View Post
Wow. I paid $45k right before the price increase in March 2023 (post March price was supposed to be $50k hence I prepaid my order). Was there a second price hike?
To the best of my knowledge, was introduced (all US pricing) at 44.9k in '21. price increased in '23 to 54.7k in '23 (which was the price when they stopped taking new orders recently). i don't believe there were multiple hikes in '23
Old 5 January 2024, 04:07 AM   #18
djnick
"TRF" Member

Quote:
To the best of my knowledge, was introduced (all US pricing) at 44.9k in '21. price increased in '23 to 54.7k in '23 (which was the price when they stopped taking new orders recently). i don't believe there were multiple hikes in '23
You are correct . Also handy to have this google sheet bookmarked

https://goo.gl/vWFC7Q
djnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 January 2024, 04:44 AM   #19
Michael1968
Banned

Watch: UN,RolexTudor&more
Quote:

Stunning dial
Michael1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 January 2024, 03:19 PM   #20
Watchlurker11
"TRF" Member

Quote:
ugh, that really, REALLY sucks. to expand on your worst case however, true worst case would be if the watch gets discontinued, secondary could quickly flip from MSRP- to MSRP+ and the uncertainty on whether this is temporary or permanent sort of ties your hands on doing anything before any secondary price moves...
And just like that, it appears that secondary pricing has flipped to MSRP+
Old 6 January 2024, 04:00 PM   #21
CFR
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
And just like that, it appears that secondary pricing has flipped to MSRP+
Do you know of confirmed sales on the secondary market for greater than MSRP? Or did you just see some high asking prices?
Old 6 January 2024, 04:14 PM   #22
Watchlurker11
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFR View Post
Do you know of confirmed sales on the secondary market for greater than MSRP? Or did you just see some high asking prices?
I do not. I just saw that in the past week or so, asks on c24, langepedia and the like went from a few thousand below to a few thousand above (for used). I doubt you'll see much of any transactions in the near-term. any prospective buyer who didn't pull the trigger on MSRP probably won't be in a rush to do so now at a premium. Any prospective seller has a price increase in a few months and the optionality on Lange permanently discontinuing the line presumably for production rather than demand reasons so they probably hold firm on price here.

So you probably need some kind of clarity on whether orders will be taken again for the market to clear.
Old 8 January 2024, 09:51 AM   #23
justcruisin
"TRF" Member

I was in the Ginza district of Tokyo and went to a lot of the watch shops there (boutique, multi-brand AD’s and used) and did find a LL1 adventurine dial (excellent condition, box, papers) that translated to about $53k before any tourist tax savings. This was about 2 weeks ago.

It was really nice to handle in person. With the Lange 1 MP I have now, it wouldn’t make sense to add this one…as much as I wanted to.
justcruisin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 January 2024, 03:12 PM   #24
CFR
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
I do not.
So you probably need some kind of clarity on whether orders will be taken again for the market to clear.
Ah thanks. Yeah, it'll take a while for secondary market prices to sort out. There wouldn't be many data points in any case because not many of these were made or sold, and the market for them (as 36mm watches with fancy dials) will be small.
Old 14 January 2024, 06:11 PM   #25
jakjuventus
"TRF" Member

Watch: Explorer
I have about the same wrist size (around 5.9” here)

Royal Oak : 34mm 77350st
Nautilus : 7118/1a Blue dial
jakjuventus is offline   Reply With Quote