The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 30 April 2010, 11:43 AM   #31
jimbones43
"TRF" Member

The AD usually uses the direction from the Rolex bracelet sizing kit. Usually when it's 2 links it's one per side, if it's one it's from the 12 o'clock side. My Daytona is 4 6 o'clock side and 6 12 o'clock side as per the AD. The clasp is shorter so it appears off centered but the inside folded part is centered.
jimbones43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 April 2010, 12:04 PM   #32
glimmer
Banned

Congratulations!
glimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 April 2010, 12:31 PM   #33
superb
"TRF" Member

Martin, sorry you didn't quite like the daytona. I hope it grows on you. Would it be possible you provide a feedback say 3 months down the road if the feeling changes? i would like to know.
superb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 April 2010, 01:06 PM   #34
Watchdog
"TRF" Member

Watch: I can't tell time
Hope it grows on you.
Watchdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 April 2010, 01:09 PM   #35
brandxbrand
"TRF" Member

Watch: your back
Quote:
Originally Posted by zillap View Post
Worst 10 hour drive EVER!
wait wait.... are you referring to the drive to you AD? to change A LINK? please tell me not.
brandxbrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 April 2010, 04:18 PM   #36
zillap

Watch: Rolex Daytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by superb View Post
Martin, sorry you didn't quite like the daytona. I hope it grows on you. Would it be possible you provide a feedback say 3 months down the road if the feeling changes? i would like to know.
I will absolutely do!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandxbrand View Post
wait wait.... are you referring to the drive to you AD? to change A LINK? please tell me not.
Nonono:) 5+5 hours to pick it up.. Its just 10 min to my local AD to resize today.
zillap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 April 2010, 08:24 PM   #37
TSW
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex & AP's
Grattis Kompis!!

AP Owners Club
IG @swiss.watch.connection
TSW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 April 2010, 11:01 PM   #38
zillap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schroder View Post
Grattis Kompis!!
Tack Schröder!

Ser att du har en fin samling!
Mycket bra jobbat!

När köpte du din Daytona?
Old 30 April 2010, 11:24 PM   #39
TripleB Boston
Banned

Watch: GMTII Blue/Red
Caveat Emptor

Quote:
Finally the Daytona has arrived..

I must say that it looks wonderful, it really does!

But as a big Breitlig fan, i must say that i am EXTREMELY dissapointed with the feeling of the watch. The bracelet makes whistely noices when it moves, its not any where close to well done as any Breitling i have ever owned or tried..The Daytona feels Cheap, but looks expensive.

Its like comparing an Audi to an volkswagen...where the Rolex is volswagen.
This feeling sucks..but i hope ill get over it.

As a bonus the AD needed to shorten down the bracelet with 1 link, and he took it from the6o clock side which makes the whole watch unbalanced.

I have 6 links on the 12oclock side and 4 on the 6oclock side.
Worst 10 hour drive EVER!

Will post pics later..:(

So, I'm trying to figure this out..
You bought one of the most prestigious and sought after Rolex watches on the market today, you don't like it, and now you are airing your grievances about it on a Rolex Forum.
May I direct you to the "For Sale-Watches etc" thread:
http://www.rolexforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9

If you don't like it, why did you buy it? You could have walked out of the AD and that watch would have been sold to someone else who appreciated it that very hour. You dislike the watch and you say that it feels "cheap" but you post it as your favorite watch on your profile....and list it first on your list of timepieces in your auto-signature.
Complete logic fail.

It's people like you who are hoarding these beautiful pieces from those of us who are not lucky enough or lack the connections to obtain one.

I'm sorry to rant. You have a lot of quality posts I have enjoyed and I'm sure you're a good guy, but wtf?

Jonny
TripleB Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 May 2010, 12:29 AM   #40
zillap

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleB Boston View Post
So, I'm trying to figure this out..
You bought one of the most prestigious and sought after Rolex watches on the market today, you don't like it, and now you are airing your grievances about it on a Rolex Forum.
May I direct you to the "For Sale-Watches etc" thread:
http://www.rolexforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9

If you don't like it, why did you buy it? You could have walked out of the AD and that watch would have been sold to someone else who appreciated it that very hour. You dislike the watch and you say that it feels "cheap" but you post it as your favorite watch on your profile....and list it first on your list of timepieces in your auto-signature.
Complete logic fail.

It's people like you who are hoarding these beautiful pieces from those of us who are not lucky enough or lack the connections to obtain one.

I'm sorry to rant. You have a lot of quality posts I have enjoyed and I'm sure you're a good guy, but wtf?

Jonny

Hi Jonny!

Thank you for this post, i needed it!

I have never (hmm have i? im not sure, but i hope i havent) said that the Daytona is my favoutite watch. I totally love the look of it, and from looking of pictures of SS Daytonas on the internet i decided to order one. At the time when i did order it (8th of april 2010) i still have never seen the watch in real life..and just in pictures. When i did order it i changed my signature and my info on my avatar to Daytona and my other ordered watch.

Yesterday when i finally picked this WONDERFUL watch up, that looks soo nice i just adjusted the link at my AD and went home (5 hour drive). I felt really bad about the whistely noice of the watch, and that the links would move a little little sideways which made me feel like the watch wasnt as perfect as i pictured it to be.. And that was when i posted this thread.

Today after taking the Daytona for a batch, and after adjusting the link to the setup that i wanted i must say that it does grow on me..and thats fast my friend!! The whistely noice is gone and i feel great!

If you are one of those who are ready to buy one, but cant get on a list..just let me help you! I will have one ordered for you today if you want it. And for a good price too! I hope you dont think im some kind of spoiled young brat who just says he doesnt like it because its an grail watch for many people..im not like that at all. I just happened to post while not being 100% sure about the watch:)

In hope of an nice and positive future together at the wonderful TRF

Martin
Old 1 May 2010, 12:36 AM   #41
Yazo
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex
Man that truly sucks how you're feeling about the Daytona - all I can say is give it some time maybe you'll change your mind.

But a BIG congrats!!!
Yazo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 May 2010, 12:41 AM   #42
dannyny

Watch: Daytona
how did u get rid of the bracelet noise? i had mine for about 3 weeks and still makes noise...
dannyny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 May 2010, 12:52 AM   #43
zillap

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyny View Post
how did u get rid of the bracelet noise? i had mine for about 3 weeks and still makes noise...
I just took a bath with it and massaged the link in my hands with alot of soap and water. Did this like 3*1 minutes.That instantly made it not whistle anymore.

Great tips from someone in this thread.
Old 1 May 2010, 01:16 AM   #44
dannyny

Watch: Daytona
Quote:
I just took a batch with it and massaged the link in my hands with alot of soap and water. Did this like 3*1 minutes.That instantly made it not whistle anymore.

Great tips from someone in this thread.
thanks i havent wet the watch yet... is it waterproof??
dannyny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 May 2010, 01:18 AM   #45
Yazo
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex
Quote:
It's a Rolex man!!! Of course it's waterproof - they invented the worlds 1st waterproof watch!!!

I think the only Rolex that isn't is the Cellini.
Yazo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 May 2010, 01:21 AM   #46
zillap

Quote:
Haha again!! It is! Take it for a swim, dont forget to tell me if it worked out well for you too.
Old 1 May 2010, 01:22 AM   #47
brandxbrand
"TRF" Member

Watch: your back
Quote:
lol
brandxbrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 May 2010, 01:32 AM   #48
Johny
"TRF" Member

Watch: sub 16610Lv
waterproof?...im not sure. maybe you can ask when you are getting the battery changed. hahahha. enjoy your watches the both of you. johny.
Johny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 May 2010, 10:42 AM   #49
TripleB Boston
Banned

Watch: GMTII Blue/Red
Quote:
Hi Jonny!

Thank you for this post, i needed it!

I have never (hmm have i? im not sure, but i hope i havent) said that the Daytona is my favoutite watch. I totally love the look of it, and from looking of pictures of SS Daytonas on the internet i decided to order one. At the time when i did order it (8th of april 2010) i still have never seen the watch in real life..and just in pictures. When i did order it i changed my signature and my info on my avatar to Daytona and my other ordered watch.

Yesterday when i finally picked this WONDERFUL watch up, that looks soo nice i just adjusted the link at my AD and went home (5 hour drive). I felt really bad about the whistely noice of the watch, and that the links would move a little little sideways which made me feel like the watch wasnt as perfect as i pictured it to be.. And that was when i posted this thread.

Today after taking the Daytona for a batch, and after adjusting the link to the setup that i wanted i must say that it does grow on me..and thats fast my friend!! The whistely noice is gone and i feel great!

If you are one of those who are ready to buy one, but cant get on a list..just let me help you! I will have one ordered for you today if you want it. And for a good price too! I hope you dont think im some kind of spoiled young brat who just says he doesnt like it because its an grail watch for many people..im not like that at all. I just happened to post while not being 100% sure about the watch:)

In hope of an nice and positive future together at the wonderful TRF

Martin

Cheers Martin,

Sounds like with the help of our co-posters you have started coming around. Glad the squeak went away.
Apologies if I made you sound like a brat. Not my intention. I didn't think that at all.

Thanks for the offer of helping me find a Daytona. I may take you up on that in the future. I have an order in for the new green on green sub. 116610LV.

This is a really great forum and I'm looking forward to years of good posts too.

Jonny
TripleB Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 May 2010, 05:50 AM   #50
BMAN8
"TRF" Member

Hi Martin,

Congratulations on your new Daytona! I had a black dialed Daytona that I really liked but ended up selling - while still like new - in order to free up some funds for a few other purchases.

I have to disagree about the quality of the Daytona. While I don't have a Breitling to compare it to, I felt it was such a well-made piece that exuded quality at every level. Not to mention it sat on my wrist perfectly – the perfect fit.

As well, it may be odd but I rather enjoyed the squeaking of the bracelet on my watch as it signaled to me that my watch was brand new.

I hope you grow to fully appreciate and get the most out of your Daytona.

By the way, I really liked your response to Johnny's (TripleB) post; you are a gentleman. It was also nice to see Johnny’s equally pleasant conciliatory response.

All the best.
BMAN8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 May 2010, 06:37 AM   #51
slevin kelevra
"TRF" Member

Watch: 14060m
Quote:
Seriously mate, in the nicest possible way what are you really doing on a rolex forum??!!

To the OP. I kinda know what you mean with the whole disappointment thing. When I first picked up my Sub I was little underwhelmed by the whole package. Its def smaller than most other sports watches out there, Seamaster etc and initially this can be where the dissapointment stems from. My dad has a seamaster AC titanium and its huge! my brother has a seamaster pro and both watches seem sturdier on first impression. What I would say though is think about the overall design of the rolex. it may seem light and rattly but in this case it doesnt mean its cheap etc. I view it as its only as heavy as it needs to be. I forget i have my Sub on most days, its that comfortable. I know my dad def cant say that with a huge timpeiece on his wrist.

Anyone that has ever asked to try my sub on has always commented on how cheap it feels. Again I think that people just seem to associate weight with quality and strength. The only thing I can say to counteract these feelings is look at a carbon fibre mountain bike, its stronger and way lighter than a steel equivalent.

I think that you will learn to love the Daytona. it def is an icon. just give it time.

I love my submariner and would not swap it for any brietling or omega. Just my opinion.

hope this helps!
slevin kelevra is offline   Reply With Quote