The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > Buyers/Sellers "Who's Who" ?!?!

Old 23 June 2017, 03:16 AM   #31
beshannon
"TRF" Member

Watch: One of Not Many
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjclark32 View Post
How do you do that with watches?
Is that what this thread is about?
Vacheron Constantin Traditionnelle Complete Calendar, Glashutte PanoInverse, Glashutte SeaQ Panorama Date, Omega Aqua Terra 150, Omega CK 859, Omega Speedmaster 3861 Moonwatch, Glashutte Senator Exellence, Rolex 116710 GMT Master II BLNR, Breitling Superocean Steelfish, JLC Atmos Transparent
beshannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 June 2017, 03:24 AM   #32
NKflyer
"TRF" Member

It seems to me that either by their error or your failure to disclose, they made you an offer reflective of the watch with bracelet. Then came to realize it was a "head only" deal and adjusted their offer accordingly. Why all the drama?
NKflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 June 2017, 03:48 AM   #33
breitlings
Banned

Watch: Apple TV
I like bobs. Have bought about 6 or 7 rolexes from them returned 2. Sold them 3. Sent one in for warranty service. Larry turned the warranty service watch around quickly and is great to work with. Carol is also great to work with if you can get her. I would guess their offer is fair and you could get maybe 1k more net on ebay with risk.

I think the selling prices are fair and inline with what people sell for elsewhere. I think you have to inspect what you buy carefully as with any used watch. For example I didn't like the lugs on one ym i bought and my latest daytona likely needs all new springbars and two were not original (steel for gold case-- I am asking them to provide oem springbars so I will update based on their response) there was some slight nicks in lugs from changing spring bars but they also put a new rolex strap on it for me.

I could get more selling watches directly but there is some risk and service fees I imagine. I guess you leave about 2k on the table selling to them vs to a person directly. Afrer fees I guess I leave 1400 on the table per watch but it is right away and trustworthy. Their customer service isn't perfect but is pretty good.

Overall though I think they help with liquidity of our Rolexes and offer a nice place to buy used.
breitlings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 June 2017, 11:12 AM   #34
improviz
"TRF" Member

Watch: your step
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleetlord View Post
The 16570 is the absolute softest of the SS Rolex Sport models in terms of resale. White dials have really fallen out of favor in the market
What sales data do you have to back up that white dial watches are falling off? This is news to me. In fact, looking at Bob's website, they quote same "sell" (as in selling it to them) prices for the white-dial Rolexes as their black-dialed counterparts:

Exp II 42mm:
White: $4500
Black: $4500
(the white diall 40mms they list are 1997 and 1999 vintage at $3300, no black counterparts are listed)

Milgauss:
White: $4000
Black: $4000

No prices provided for black dialed SS Daytona, white given at $8500.

Also looking through Watchrecon I don't see any discrepencies between white/black dialed Daytonas, Explorers...
116520 white; 16613 black; 116710; 16570 polar; 16600. AP 15400; 15703. Blancpain Fifty Fathoms. Glashutte Sport Evo GMT. Omega Planet Ocean 2907.50.91; Planet Ocean Liquidmetal LE 222.30.42.20.01.001; Seamaster 2255.80.00. Breitling Crosswind, white. Panerai PAM 005. VC Overseas Chrono, black.
improviz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 June 2017, 11:27 AM   #35
breitlings
Banned

To follow up on my post #33, Bobswatches.com sent me two new springbars a day after emailing them.
Old 28 August 2017, 10:26 AM   #36
furious1
"TRF" Member

Update on this. Sold the 16750 with its NATOs for $3500 on the bay in late July. As I did here, told my story on Yelp with a one star review of Bob's. Two months later, Friday, get a letter from Bob's lawyers about my negative review. No matter what one might think of Bob's, that they have to spend money on lawyers to go after Yelp reviews does not, to me, induce confidence in the company.

With the proceeds of the 16570 and a Speedmaster, I bought a Jaeger LeCoultre Grande Reverso Sun Moon. Currently have a 16660 and 6582 so no need for another Rolex at present.

Thanks for everyone's opinions and advice, even those of you who were not as tactful or polite as you might have been were I standing in front of you rather than on an anonymous forum.
furious1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 August 2017, 12:19 PM   #37
Old Expat Beast
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: SEIKO
Quote:
Originally Posted by furious1 View Post
Update on this. Sold the 16750 with its NATOs for $3500 on the bay in late July. As I did here, told my story on Yelp with a one star review of Bob's. Two months later, Friday, get a letter from Bob's lawyers about my negative review. No matter what one might think of Bob's, that they have to spend money on lawyers to go after Yelp reviews does not, to me, induce confidence in the company.

With the proceeds of the 16570 and a Speedmaster, I bought a Jaeger LeCoultre Grande Reverso Sun Moon. Currently have a 16660 and 6582 so no need for another Rolex at present.

Thanks for everyone's opinions and advice, even those of you who were not as tactful or polite as you might have been were I standing in front of you rather than on an anonymous forum.
You mean the 16570? There's a big difference.
Old Expat Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 August 2017, 12:23 PM   #38
Lordofrolex
"TRF" Member

Watch: Yes Please!
Personally don't like bobs. Over priced by a long shot.

Follow me on Instagram: @b_jakobovich
Lordofrolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 August 2017, 01:24 PM   #39
moyski
"TRF" Member

One of the strangest threads i've read so far here in TRF. A thread title that has nothing to do with the real story (ever heard of the term clickbait?). Complained anonymously online about a low offer he got from a company who makes money reselling used watches. It wasn't like he was forced at gunpoint to accept that offer. Got what he wanted selling his watch somewhere else. Then being sarcastic to those who replied and just gave their honest opinion.

If the OP felt hugely offended by what Bob's watches did to him, why didn't he complain directly to Bob's watches instead of posting anonymously to a forum and review site?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
moyski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 October 2017, 08:16 PM   #40
furious1
"TRF" Member

I retract and disavow the contents of my prior posts on this forum regarding Bob's Watches, which could be construed as false or misleading. And as an FYI – I have since reached a mutually agreeable resolution of all disputes with Bob's Watches.
furious1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 October 2017, 08:52 PM   #41
broken_link
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLRO
Is it actually possible to send such a “bastardized” watch to Rolex and get it back with a new bracelet? If Rolex does this kind of “replacement” how much would they charge?
broken_link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 October 2017, 06:54 AM   #42
brand_c
"TRF" Member

Take a look at prices of the Explorer IIs on the site right now.

Absolutely crazy price if you ask me. I dont remember them being sold this high a month or two ago. Pre-SEL ones are usually in the low 4s. Theyre asking for 5s right now.
brand_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 October 2017, 07:45 AM   #43
Rebel
"TRF" Member

Watch: Tudor Sub 75090
Low post count, trashing a business (whether you like the business model or not), hummmm. Getting kinda old.

Just my thoughts.
Old 27 October 2017, 08:17 AM   #44
slickrick68
"TRF" Member

Watch: anything shiny
Quote:
I retract and disavow the contents of my prior posts on this forum regarding Bob's Watches, which could be construed as false or misleading. And as an FYI – I have since reached a mutually agreeable resolution of all disputes with Bob's Watches.

Sounds like that legal letter had some heft behind it, what is the mutual resolution? As far as we know you did not sell them the polar right?
slickrick68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 October 2017, 10:12 AM   #45
breitlings
Banned

Quote:

Isn't 3300 cash more than 3500 after ebay and pp fees?
Old 27 October 2017, 12:15 PM   #46
HKS724
Banned

I've purchased four Rolex's from Bob's. And I do concur, their service, pre and post sale, is quite horrendous, with "It's just my job (from the head of service department)" or "I have no idea (from the head of service department)" or "Our photos are already 10x (from the second in command), what more do you want?" attitude when asked for additional photos or questions to elaborate on certain details. They do not have the deep expertise and have no business dealing in vintage. A quick sift through their inconsistent and bare description formats of the watches would tell you this.
HKS724 is offline   Reply With Quote