The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 29 November 2020, 12:10 AM   #1
Spoonage
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Battle of British Watches - Vertex vs Bremont

What are everyone's thoughts on the Vertex M100 / Bronze 75 versus the Bremont Broadsword / Broadsword Bronze? I think both look great and like the Military history, especially with the Vertex.
Spoonage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 November 2020, 07:44 PM   #2
stevedssd
"TRF" Member

I have several vintage British military watches, so my view may be biased. The Vertex watches are based upon a genuine British Military heritage, Bremont more on capturing the feel of past times. It's always a personal preference and I have neither but I do prefer the look of the Vertex M100 and bronze, the date on the Bremont's is a no for me.

The M100 is only available to British military but the Bronze and M100B are available to the public, the Bronze looks great. I actually really like the Vertex chrono's with asymetric cases and a mono pusher........ in fact it's got me thinking about looking at adding one as a complimentary addition to the vintage watches I have.

I'm sure some owner of the broadsword will chime in, I've heard good things about the watches but on personal preference mine would be for Vertex.
stevedssd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 November 2020, 08:26 PM   #3
mongrelnomoad
2024 Pledge Member

That’s so sneaky: you Google Vertex and all the ads are for Bremont.
mongrelnomoad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30 November 2020, 05:25 AM   #4
stevedssd
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mongrelnomoad View Post
That’s so sneaky: you Google Vertex and all the ads are for Bremont.
Yes I thought that too !
Old 1 December 2020, 08:32 AM   #5
Spoonage
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Thanks for the input. Fortunately, the M100 is open to any current or prior service military (including the US). They have provided me with an "access" code to purchase should I decide to. I do think both look great and definitely like the fact that the Vertex was a "Dirty Dozen" and is still run by the family. I just haven't seen many reviews on either and it doesn't seem like there are many on the forum that have 1st hand experience with either.
Spoonage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 December 2020, 06:08 PM   #6
stevedssd
"TRF" Member

Yes I realised after I posted that it was for military and former military issue and not just limited to UK forces

Here is one review for what it's worth.

https://wristwatchreview.co.uk/verte...-carousel-5240
Old 18 December 2020, 05:25 AM   #7
stevedssd
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevedssd View Post
I have several vintage British military watches, so my view may be biased. The Vertex watches are based upon a genuine British Military heritage, Bremont more on capturing the feel of past times. It's always a personal preference and I have neither but I do prefer the look of the Vertex M100 and bronze, the date on the Bremont's is a no for me.

The M100 is only available to British military but the Bronze and M100B are available to the public, the Bronze looks great. I actually really like the Vertex chrono's with asymetric cases and a mono pusher........ in fact it's got me thinking about looking at adding one as a complimentary addition to the vintage watches I have.

I'm sure some owner of the broadsword will chime in, I've heard good things about the watches but on personal preference mine would be for Vertex.
It was this thread that got me looking at Vertex and after a couple of weeks of research I took delivery of a Chrono yesterday. I chose the white over the standard black, as I already have two British military chrono's and wanted something a bit different. This is one of the nicest watches I've ever had the pleasure to own.The mix of a design based on the Brands heritage but with a modern feel and great build quality is a winner. OP if you are still thinking which way to go, it's the Vertex.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg IMG_3745.jpeg (225.1 KB, 136 views)
File Type: jpeg IMG_3747.jpeg (223.2 KB, 135 views)
Old 13 June 2021, 11:18 AM   #8
asiafish
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Milgauss GV
Can confirm not limited to UK forces.

I exchanged emails with Don (the owner of Vertex and great-grandson of the original owner) today and not only did he give me an access code, but also a 15% discount code since I’m currently serving in the US Army.

My M100 is on order.
asiafish is offline   Reply With Quote