The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 29 July 2020, 06:32 AM   #1
Fredrik
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 1680
Panerai rubber straps, delivery time?

I ordered a Panerai rubber strap at my AD about 5 weeks ago and it still hasn't arrived. The initial estimate was one to two weeks maximum and this also my own experience.

Has anyone else ordered or tried to order a rubber strap recently?
Was it delayed?
Did they tell you the reason for the delay?
Did you get a new estimate for the delivery?

I have tried to get some more information from my AD, but they said that they get no answers from Panerai regarding the delay and they do not know either.
Fredrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 July 2020, 12:00 PM   #2
ajsqm2
"TRF" Member

Watch: PAM 335
Yeah I've been checking in periodically for a few months now on a couple rubber straps. Seems like the manufacturer has been "out to lunch" for quite some time. I'm sure it's COVID related.
ajsqm2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 July 2020, 12:08 PM   #3
Screwly
"TRF" Member

Watch: “Pepsi”

I ordered a rubber strap from boutique in Houston about a month ago and it shipped to my house the following week.
126613lb
326934 jubilee/blue dial
Screwly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 July 2020, 03:55 PM   #4
Fredrik
2024 Pledge Member

The thing is, I ordered a buckle at the same time, and it arrived within days. So it is obviously not a logistics problem but a rubber manufacturing problem.

Maybe I need to call a bunch of European ADs and see if anyone has my particular strap readily available. My AD unfortunately didn't.
Old 29 July 2020, 09:55 PM   #5
arnage
"TRF" Member

Was it a particular / in-demand color that you had ordered? i.e. the green rubber.. or one of the blue ones?
arnage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 July 2020, 12:05 AM   #6
Ravager135
"TRF" Member

I can't speak to their rubber straps, but typically I find it is best to just order straps from Panerai directly. Unless your AD is giving you some kind of discount, calling Panerai Dallas or NYC typically results in fast turnaround time. I inquired about a discontinued leather strap for my 372 yesterday and it will be arriving today.

It is certainly possible that some regular/current production straps are in low quantity due to the COVID-19 pandemic, however Panerai is announcing new references and seems to be back in production. When you use your AD as a "middle man" for delivery, it could be that Panerai will just be shipping watches and accessories in bulk with your strap included.
Ravager135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 July 2020, 12:56 AM   #7
Fredrik
2024 Pledge Member

The reason I ordered through the AD is that the homepage is really bad and hard to navigate, I let the AD do that, I get I slight rebate through the AD, and the strap I want is not available to order directly, it only says to contact a concierge or add to wishlist.

My AD gets deliveries at least weekly from Panerai, they got the buckle almost immediately that I ordered at the same time.

It is a regular black 26/22 rubber strap, unfortunately my AD was out.
Old 30 July 2020, 01:25 AM   #8
Ravager135
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredrik View Post
The reason I ordered through the AD is that the homepage is really bad and hard to navigate, I let the AD do that, I get I slight rebate through the AD, and the strap I want is not available to order directly, it only says to contact a concierge or add to wishlist.

My AD gets deliveries at least weekly from Panerai, they got the buckle almost immediately that I ordered at the same time.

It is a regular black 26/22 rubber strap, unfortunately my AD was out.
That just sounds odd that this particular strap is not readily available. It's not unusual or discontinued. The homepage is glitchy and difficult to navigate, so I definitely understand your concerns.

I contacted the concierge for the strap I ordered and they directed me to Panerai NYC. They keep limited hours 12-5pm EST. I called them during that window yesterday and am expecting my strap today.

If you are getting a rebate or some other incentive, then by all means... It just does strike me as odd they couldn't get this particular strap sooner. Then again, what do I know, it could be in short supply.
Ravager135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 July 2020, 01:32 AM   #9
emtee
"TRF" Member

I've ordered a couple via the Panerai website and they arrived in a couple of days very nicely packaged. This was pre Covid so not sure what the current situation is like. Was thinking of ordering the white one today for the summer.
emtee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 July 2020, 05:43 AM   #10
Fredrik
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by emtee View Post
I've ordered a couple via the Panerai website and they arrived in a couple of days very nicely packaged. This was pre Covid so not sure what the current situation is like. Was thinking of ordering the white one today for the summer.
I never had any problems pre Covid either.

Let us know how it goes with the white one.
Old 29 September 2020, 04:44 AM   #11
Fredrik
2024 Pledge Member

So, it has arrived...

The story is that the strap that was ordered through the Panerai website by my AD was not available anymore, so they cancelled the order without telling the AD. Now, when my AD finally got hold of someone at Panerai, they send a strap. Unfortunately, not one of the currently three identical straps with different parts numbers available but the accordion type with a blue logo... I did not want that, my AD had an accordion type with black logo and they convinced me that it was better.

Unfortunately I realized after wearing it a day that it looks like crap but now I have used it...

So, now I am thinking of going to my other AD, specifically order the strap I want, but not telling what watch it is going on to prevent Panerai from sending a strap I do not want, because that was apparently what happened according to my AD.

Anyone else had this bad experience with dealing with Panerai?
Old 29 September 2020, 04:04 PM   #12
duc888
"TRF" Member

Why did you buy a strap that you don´t like? Just because the AD "convinced" you that this is better than the ordered one?

As said before, I would order directly at Panerai and not at the AD.
duc888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 September 2020, 08:05 PM   #13
56Diver
"TRF" Member

I have bought 2 straps from panerai website this year, one before covid and one in August, both were hassle free and arrived on a matter of days. I ordered a strap from a boutique and that went easy as well. I've emailed panerai concierge countless questions and all have been answered usually within 24 hours.
56Diver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 September 2020, 04:51 AM   #14
Fredrik
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by duc888 View Post
Why did you buy a strap that you don´t like? Just because the AD "convinced" you that this is better than the ordered one?

As said before, I would order directly at Panerai and not at the AD.
Well, my original plan was to use the rubber strap on a summer watch during the summer that is almost gone now, three and a half months after I ordered the strap... I got excited when I finally got the call, got there, discovered it was the wrong strap, but somehow got convinced it was better. I am not blaming anyone on that.

Unfortunately there is no Sweden shop online, so I can not order directly from Panerai.

Anyway, my AD has been nagging Panerai since late July about this and the whole cancelling of the order without telling them from Panerai is not good.
Old 30 September 2020, 05:16 AM   #15
duc888
"TRF" Member

Would it be complicated to order from.....let me say Germany?
Panerai is in Munich and you could contact the concierge service on the Panerai HP and ask for that or place an order on the german Panerai page.
Maybe that could help.
Old 30 September 2020, 05:32 AM   #16
Fredrik
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Would it be complicated to order from.....let me say Germany?
Thanks, but it is just not possible, I can not enter Sweden anywhere as country regardless of what shop I am using on the Panerai home page. If I choose the Germany shop I an change country to any of the other countries having a shop, but not Sweden. Contacting the concierge service seems more complicated than ordering from an AD unfortunately...
Old 30 September 2020, 05:51 AM   #17
duc888
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Contacting the concierge service seems more complicated than ordering from an AD unfortunately...
That is surprising. I had a few contacts per mail with the german concierge service and they answered quickly just in a few days.
Its really sad to read your problems with the Panerai service.
Old 30 September 2020, 12:14 PM   #18
Laszlo
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Date & No Date
I always order from Panerai website and when in stock they show up about 2- or 3-days later. Very fast IMO.

Paul Henreid as Victor Laszlo in Casablanca
Laszlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 October 2020, 04:51 AM   #19
Fredrik
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
That is surprising. I had a few contacts per mail with the german concierge service and they answered quickly just in a few days.
Its really sad to read your problems with the Panerai service.
I tried it just now on the German Panerai site. It is broken, you have to agree to getting promotional emails if you want to send them a message. I did it anyway. Let's see what they say.

I never really had any problems at all before, so it is puzzling for me.
Old 1 October 2020, 05:10 AM   #20
duc888
"TRF" Member

Fingers crossed

If you do not get an answer in a few days you could give them a call.
+49 89 20303095
That´s the number of the german concierge service.
Old 2 October 2020, 04:29 PM   #21
Fredrik
2024 Pledge Member

I got an answer, now I am even more confused.

They recommended that I get the MXE06T0L, that is pictured as the type of strap with "OFFICINE" and "PANERAI" on the both sides. But they decribed it as "Caoutchouc Black (blue OP logo), STD, 26/22, BA, suitable for Submersible 47mm". Which sounds like the accordion style.

I emailed them back and asked for a clarification...
Old 3 October 2020, 12:43 AM   #22
jwkunkle
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: The Next One
Quote:
I got an answer, now I am even more confused.

They recommended that I get the MXE06T0L, that is pictured as the type of strap with "OFFICINE" and "PANERAI" on the both sides. But they decribed it as "Caoutchouc Black (blue OP logo), STD, 26/22, BA, suitable for Submersible 47mm". Which sounds like the accordion style.

I emailed them back and asked for a clarification...
Sent you a pm.
jwkunkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 October 2020, 12:20 AM   #23
duc888
"TRF" Member

Any news?
Old 8 October 2020, 02:46 PM   #24
pbubsy
"TRF" Member

Watch: DSSD
I ordered two straps off the Panerai site last month. Got both in a few days. Quick shipping. Got a 26mm orange stove strap and a 24mm black dive strap. Both rubber accordion.
pbubsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 October 2020, 10:03 PM   #25
Fredrik
2024 Pledge Member

I haven't heard back from them yet after I asked for a clarification.
Old 9 October 2020, 02:21 AM   #26
Laszlo
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
I haven't heard back from them yet after I asked for a clarification.

I would check to see if the strap you ordered is available on the Panerai website. If it is then I’d cancel or AD order and order online. If it’s not in stock it’s likely not in stock yet via AD order or online.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 9 October 2020, 02:23 AM   #27
Laszlo
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbubsy View Post
I ordered two straps off the Panerai site last month. Got both in a few days. Quick shipping. Got a 26mm orange stove strap and a 24mm black dive strap. Both rubber accordion.

The orange is an awesome strap. Got mine last month. The white is also awesome. I also like the upgraded rubber quality. They aren’t transparent, they’re heavier, and matte. Very pleased.

Old 9 October 2020, 03:51 PM   #28
pbubsy
"TRF" Member

Watch: DSSD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laszlo View Post
The orange is an awesome strap. Got mine last month. The white is also awesome. I also like the upgraded rubber quality. They aren’t transparent, they’re heavier, and matte. Very pleased.

Those look fantastic! Wish they made the orange in 24mm as well. So far, for my 1305, I've got orange, royal blue, olive drab and black. Love the factory rubber!
pbubsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 October 2020, 05:46 PM   #29
Fredrik
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laszlo View Post
I would check to see if the strap you ordered is available on the Panerai website. If it is then I’d cancel or AD order and order online. If it’s not in stock it’s likely not in stock yet via AD order or online.
One problem is that the pictures of the straps on the Panerai website does not match what you get. I ordered a regular rubber strap but got an accordion, I asked about the three identical non-accordion straps online and got recommended one of them, and got a description of an accordion strap with the recommendation. So, until I know which reference is an actual regular rubber strap, I can not order anything.