The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 16 August 2018, 11:42 AM   #61
Psijason
"TRF" Member

Watch: Seamster 300 Green
Everest straps are amazingly comfortable and look great!!!
Psijason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 August 2018, 01:32 PM   #62
prlwatch
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16710 BLRO w/3186
Quote:
Originally Posted by HogwldFLTR View Post
I believe that is the review of the RubberB only on the GMTII. This review is a comparison between the two companies straps.

http://www.lifeofawis.com/blog/2017/...r-b-vs-everest
Right you are; thanks. I had even summarized the article as 'RubberB strap fits 6.5" wrist better than Everest' in my notes. Duh.

Nonetheless, I did end up ordering the Everest for the Submariner, and it was conformable.
prlwatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 August 2018, 03:11 PM   #63
2geeze
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: What happens next
Love my Black Bay Burgundy on Everest rubber. But for some reason my photo won't load.
2geeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 August 2018, 02:29 AM   #64
jstevens43
"TRF" Member

I say their rubber straps are made in China also and stand behind it. They are liars and have based their whole business on copying other people. The pouches copied from Rolex color and all, Their rubber strap copied from the pelagos. The concept of a rubber strap on a Rolex copied also.

Take the end links off a pelagos and you have an everest strap. An employee was caught making bogus reviews of both companies in here. They go after guys like you with a fist bump and a shout out and get them defending their lies..... Why do that if you're so great?

To see so many people getting duped is sad. Can't fool me. They look like a nice little group but don't get why they lie to get business.

Put the timer on, some of the guys are coming to post soon.....

Quote:
Well let's talk about the differences.

I believe I'm seeing misinformation about Everest. So tell me what other there is than the SWISS MADE marking on the strap of the RubberBs and the clear style differences.

Here's a quote from the current Everest site. This seems contrary to at least one of the posts that claims they are made in China.

https://www.everestbands.com/pages/about-us
jstevens43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 August 2018, 04:29 AM   #65
drphil
"TRF" Member

Anyone have a rubber strap on a Black Bay Bronze? Is so, what did you chose? Lug width is 23 mm so have to pick either a 22 or a 24mm because nobody makes a 23 mm.
drphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 August 2018, 05:00 AM   #66
HogwldFLTR
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: What's on my wrist
Quote:
Originally Posted by jstevens43 View Post
I say their rubber straps are made in China also and stand behind it.
snipping...
Their rubber strap copied from the pelagos. The concept of a rubber strap on a Rolex copied also.
OK, why do you say they are made in China? Rolex used to supply rubber straps so everyone copies that as a concept. I know rubber straps on dive watches is nothing new. Pelagos and Everest were both new in 2012. Everest in February and Pelagos in March. For the record RubberB is two years older than Everest if that makes a difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prlwatch View Post
Right you are; thanks. I had even summarized the article as 'RubberB strap fits 6.5" wrist better than Everest' in my notes. Duh.

Nonetheless, I did end up ordering the Everest for the Submariner, and it was conformable.
Actually I totally agreed with the review as well. Fit is better on the Everest from all I've read. RubberB is definitely more expensive. Quality of the Everest is great from what I've seen. RubberB offers unique styles so that would be the only reason I'd go with them.

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=808599
HogwldFLTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 August 2018, 05:49 AM   #67
moorery2001
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT Master II
Hi Mate, are you speaking of Oysterflex? were you aware that Rubber B was in the market before Oysterflex? I learned when I did a review on the strap back in April.

Quote:
OK, why do you say they are made in China? Rolex used to supply rubber straps so everyone copies that as a concept.

Actually I totally agreed with the review as well. Fit is better on the Everest from all I've read. RubberB is definitely more expensive. Quality of the Everest is great from what I've seen. RubberB offers unique styles so that would be the only reason I'd go with them.

Although I do not agree that putting down a company is appropriate or necessary from users, I too believe that the quality is different from both. Perhaps that is the reason one is less expensive. I owned Everest and switched to Rubber B as I wrote on my experience. The added value of a Swiss Made product that is pointed out in the product itself is very important for the type of watches we wear IMHO.
moorery2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 August 2018, 05:59 AM   #68
HogwldFLTR
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Expat Beast View Post
I prefer the old-school look of the tropic style rubber straps that Rolex used to supply for Subs, many years ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by moorery2001 View Post
Hi Mate, are you speaking of Oysterflex? were you aware that Rubber B was in the market before Oysterflex? I learned when I did a review on the strap back in April.
No, Rolex used to supply rubber straps per Adam as indicated above. Oysterflex is a relatively new thing, obviously. Also Isofrane was supplying diving watch straps during the 60s and 70s although their current iteration as a company only goes back to '09.

Old 17 August 2018, 06:02 AM   #69
maximilianmuller
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610LV/TBB
Here is a perfect example for you OP try to look at them with an objective eye. Aside from a design perspective, If you do not see differences in texture, fitment and the way the straps sit between the lugs there is nothing else to be said and we can move to better subjects!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 9655d37dee853fc36b88bd035fe5a3cc.jpg (217.6 KB, 274 views)
File Type: jpg juanjose.jpg (112.7 KB, 272 views)
maximilianmuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 August 2018, 06:04 AM   #70
moorery2001
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT Master II
Quote:
No, Rolex used to supply rubber straps per Adam as indicated above. Oysterflex is a relatively new thing, obviously. Also Isofrane was supplying diving watch straps during the 60s and 70s although their current iteration as a company only goes back to '09.
Wow I didn't know about that. Thank you for sharing the information.
moorery2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 August 2018, 06:23 AM   #71
HogwldFLTR
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by moorery2001 View Post
Wow I didn't know about that. Thank you for sharing the information.
Actually waiting for an Isofrane strap for my 14060 (or any other 20mm strapped watch); not quite certain when it will be received. I ordered it a couple of days ago. It's a true dive strap as opposed to a watch enhancement like RubberB or Everest makes. More a kin to what Adam was showing. Check out the link below.

http://www.deskdivers.com/Site/Isofrane.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximilianmuller View Post
Here is a perfect example for you OP try to look at them with an objective eye. Aside from a design perspective, If you do not see differences in texture, fitment and the way the straps sit between the lugs there is nothing else to be said and we can move to better subjects!
Interesting choices of lighting...

Old 17 August 2018, 06:42 AM   #72
maximilianmuller
"TRF" Member

Interesting choices of lighting...[/QUOTE]

Oh so its the lighting I just grabbed one from a post here and the other from Instagram. Are these better? from Instagram also. look at the lug area do you see differences in fit on the case?

If you don't you are one hell of a lawyer and if I'm ever in trouble I need your services!
Attached Images
File Type: png Image-1.png (253.9 KB, 276 views)
File Type: png Image-1 2.png (138.9 KB, 276 views)
Old 17 August 2018, 09:56 AM   #73
HogwldFLTR
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Interesting choices of lighting...

Oh so its the lighting I just grabbed one from a post here and the other from Instagram. Are these better? from Instagram also. look at the lug area do you see differences in fit on the case?

If you don't you are one hell of a lawyer and if I'm ever in trouble I need your services!
You win. All those happy with the fit and finish of their Everest straps are fools; you convinced me. And all those who had issues fitting their RubberB straps were equally wrong in their evaluations. You've convinced me, again. I'll only buy RubberB from here on out. Thanks for showing me the light.

Old 17 August 2018, 11:40 AM   #74
HogwldFLTR
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
You win. All those happy with the fit and finish of their Everest straps are fools; you convinced me. And all those who had issues fitting their RubberB straps were equally wrong in their evaluations. You've convinced me, again. I'll only buy RubberB from here on out. Thanks for showing me the light.
On the other hand, lighting can make a big difference in how images are perceived. I spend a lot of time working on SEMs and looking at materials. Showing something in a harsh light can definitely highlight roughness. It's really not realistic to show something in a soft light in comparison. Also choice is dependent on use. If being able to get a strap on and off a watch is important then maybe the Everest is a better choice. I get that you like your RubberB and don't like the Everest. Many others are happy with their Everests. Read the thread for examples.

Old 17 August 2018, 01:21 PM   #75
AzHadEnuf
"TRF" Member

Watch: 6263,DJ,SUB,BB,THR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Expat Beast View Post
I prefer the old-school look of the tropic style rubber straps that Rolex used to supply for Subs, many years ago.

Adam turned me into a believer. Very comfortable.
Old 17 August 2018, 01:41 PM   #76
Bladeshot
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: GMT 1675 PCG Gilt
Love these Everest bands!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 17 August 2018, 01:48 PM   #77
Air Rescue 5
Banned

Watch: GMT MII
That LV!!!!!!!!
Air Rescue 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 August 2018, 02:04 PM   #78
Bryanli88
"TRF" Member

Watch: Too Many
Here are mine on rubber b’s. Love ‘em!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Bryanli88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 August 2018, 02:07 PM   #79
Bryanli88
"TRF" Member

Watch: Too Many

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Bryanli88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 August 2018, 11:01 PM   #80
maximilianmuller
"TRF" Member

I simply was showing you differences thats all! no one is a fool and I was not trying to convince you on anything. Just showing you differences in products. We choose what we like at the end!

Quote:
Old 17 August 2018, 11:10 PM   #81
maximilianmuller
"TRF" Member

Thanks for the explanation. I honestly don't understand much about lighting and things of that nature. I never said I don't like everest. I just have a different preference and tried to explain why I prefer one ver the other. I do apologize if you felt I was degrading your opinion and choice because believe that was not my intention.

Quote:
On the other hand, lighting can make a big difference in how images are perceived. I spend a lot of time working on SEMs and looking at materials. Showing something in a harsh light can definitely highlight roughness. It's really not realistic to show something in a soft light in comparison. Also choice is dependent on use. If being able to get a strap on and off a watch is important then maybe the Everest is a better choice. I get that you like your RubberB and don't like the Everest. Many others are happy with their Everests. Read the thread for examples.
Old 18 August 2018, 03:19 AM   #82
HogwldFLTR
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Thanks for the explanation. I honestly don't understand much about lighting and things of that nature. I never said I don't like everest. I just have a different preference and tried to explain why I prefer one ver the other. I do apologize if you felt I was degrading your opinion and choice because believe that was not my intention.
Time for a group hug!!!

Old 29 August 2018, 10:03 AM   #83
antbkny
"TRF" Member

Watch: Dblue

antbkny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 August 2018, 11:42 AM   #84
4srolex
"TRF" Member

Watch: Gears in motion
Oysterflex on BLNR

When people ask how was your day? I tell them: "Same circus just different clowns!"
4srolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 August 2018, 12:00 PM   #85
tan0116
"TRF" Member

On a blue Isofrane.

tan0116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 August 2018, 03:35 PM   #86
arguetaoscar
"TRF" Member

arguetaoscar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 August 2018, 09:26 PM   #87
Tilly
Banned

Watch: Rolex Daytona
Quote:
This past week I was lucky enough to buy two Everest straps, one for my 116600 and one for my THBBN. I'm really like the comfort, fit, and durability of the straps. Although Rolex does offer the Oysterflex strap their offering are minimal and restricted to only a couple of models (Daytona and Yacht-Master). From my perspective rubber straps have been the hallmark of dive watches for ever yet Rolex doesn't sell a single dive watch on Rubber. Far be it from me to try to understand the Rolex marketing approach.

Here are a couple of shots of my SD and BBN on their rubber straps; the fit of the Everest is perfect. They hide the edge of the cases and mesh seamlessly to the watch head. I'd love to see other's choices for rubber on their watches.

Sea Dweller 116600

Tudor THBBN

Rubber looks so bad that's the reason Rolex don't bother
Tilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 September 2018, 09:20 AM   #88
HogwldFLTR
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tan0116 View Post

On a blue Isofrane.

I purchased an Isofrane for my Sub or any other 20mm braceleted watch. In truth my experience is that the Everest is much more comfortable because of the way the bracelet couples with the watch head. The angle the strap maintains to the watch is better that the Isofrane's. The Isofrane is a nice rubber strap and definitely high quality but not as practical for me because of the comfort issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilly View Post
Rubber looks so bad that's the reason Rolex don't bother
Right, of course, my bad. What about the oysterflex on the other hand. Rolex does what it wants; it's no surprise that there are 3rd party companies picking up the slack for Rolex.

Old 1 September 2018, 11:12 AM   #89
tan0116
"TRF" Member

Good feedback on comfort of the Everest. I might have to one day get one for my Tudor or Rolex. Some people find Isofranes comfortable, but like you I have other rubber straps which are more comfortable to me and have the Italian vanilla smell.

tan0116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 September 2018, 06:35 AM   #90
Cutlass
"TRF" Member

My beloved SD43..
And Isofrane shared my pic :)