The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 30 January 2019, 08:07 AM   #1
shortsqueeze
2024 Pledge Member

RSC New York Questions

All,

A few questions on RSC New York:

Do they accept walk-in customers?

What types of service will they perform on a walk-in basis without having to leave the watch? Will they replace a link and screws for example?

What documentation do they require?

To those who have received walk-in service at RSC NY, were you happy with the quality of the work?

Thanks in advance.
shortsqueeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 January 2019, 08:37 AM   #2
Chadridv
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116610LV
Quote:
Originally Posted by shortsqueeze View Post
All,

A few questions on RSC New York:

Do they accept walk-in customers?
Yes, walk in, fill out some paper work, be seen within 10-15m, after that wait times will vary depending on how busy they are and what the issue is with your watch.

Quote:
What types of service will they perform on a walk-in basis without having to leave the watch? Will they replace a link and screws for example?
They can do regulation, definitely replace links, link screws, bracelets, straps, sizing, etc. Obviously part availability will vary.

Quote:
What documentation do they require?
This depends on what services you require. If you're trying to have a watch fixed or serviced under warranty, they will most likely require the warranty car. If you're not the original owner and the watch originates from a foreign AD, they will require a bill of sale (this info told to me about 2 years ago). Of course their policies may change, but as you will learn here on the forum. RSC makes their own rules. Don't shoot the messenger friends! I know we all (rightfully) believe the warranty follows the watch, but that's just not necessarily true depending on the service center and required service.

Quote:
To those who have received walk-in service at RSC NY, were you happy with the quality of the work?
I've had many experiences with RSC, and they have been polarizing. Some have been flawless and enjoyable, others have been horrible, some just were ok or not great. If you really want me to get into some stories I can.

Overall it's a little bit of a gamble as far as what you'll get there. They definitely have some great reps working there and they also have some 9 to 5 dummies that could care less about you, your watch or Rolex in general.
Chadridv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 January 2019, 10:58 AM   #3
shortsqueeze
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadridv View Post
Yes, walk in, fill out some paper work, be seen within 10-15m, after that wait times will vary depending on how busy they are and what the issue is with your watch.

They can do regulation, definitely replace links, link screws, bracelets, straps, sizing, etc. Obviously part availability will vary.

This depends on what services you require. If you're trying to have a watch fixed or serviced under warranty, they will most likely require the warranty car. If you're not the original owner and the watch originates from a foreign AD, they will require a bill of sale (this info told to me about 2 years ago). Of course their policies may change, but as you will learn here on the forum. RSC makes their own rules. Don't shoot the messenger friends! I know we all (rightfully) believe the warranty follows the watch, but that's just not necessarily true depending on the service center and required service.

I've had many experiences with RSC, and they have been polarizing. Some have been flawless and enjoyable, others have been horrible, some just were ok or not great. If you really want me to get into some stories I can.

Overall it's a little bit of a gamble as far as what you'll get there. They definitely have some great reps working there and they also have some 9 to 5 dummies that could care less about you, your watch or Rolex in general.
Thanks for taking the time to write up such a comprehensive reply.
shortsqueeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 January 2019, 11:14 AM   #4
liboozers
"TRF" Member

Just curious to for a walk in regulation is that covered under warranty? If not what is the cost for that?
liboozers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 January 2019, 11:56 AM   #5
toucan
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5970
Chad summary is perfect , though, I’ve only had very good experiences .
They will clean your watch ionize it or something that takes about an hour.
toucan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 January 2019, 01:55 PM   #6
Juantxo
Banned

Just walk up, approach the counter to the left as you step out of the elevator, tell the lady about your business there, and wait a few minutes. Then another teller will talk to you at the counter at the end of the room. As simple as that.

They’ll do about anything you ask as long as it’s not something contrary to Rolex regulations. Service is excellent. Just go, you’ll be happy you did. Been there, done that many times.
Juantxo is offline   Reply With Quote