The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 14 September 2019, 09:25 AM   #31
BreguetRolex
Banned

Watch: TIMEX
well everyone is posting theirs in here..:)

IMG_3424.JPG

IMG_3425.JPG

IMG_3426.JPG

IMG_3427.JPG
BreguetRolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 September 2019, 12:54 PM   #32
MSchu
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasoninDenver View Post
Everythign in that photo screams “single guy loving life”.
No single here...

MSchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 September 2019, 08:17 PM   #33
NateInBama
"TRF" Member

Audiophiles - Bowers and Wilkins Headphones?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasoninDenver View Post
Everythign in that photo screams “single guy loving life”.

LOL That was awesome... and entirely accurate. Every time someone sees my den or walks into it, they always say “damn... I assume you’re single. “
There’s almost no doubt that I’ll die alone which is sad, but I’ll die with a Ferrari in the garage, a killer home theater, and a zero balance on my accounts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
NateInBama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 September 2019, 01:31 AM   #34
TheVTCGuy
Banned

Watch: 126619LB
I ordered my Band and Olifsen 3rd generation P9s, can’t wait!
TheVTCGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 September 2019, 01:39 AM   #35
NWS Alpine
"TRF" Member

For travel noise cancelling headphones I have been very happy with my Bang and Olufsen H8s. They now have an H9 over ear model too. I love the way they sound and you can turn off noise cancel function for even better sound. The Bose headphones you couldn’t when I tried a while back. Not sure if they allow it now.
NWS Alpine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 September 2019, 01:50 AM   #36
haven_seeker
"TRF" Member

Watch: 19018N OQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVTCGuy View Post
You mean B&W I assume?

I’m anxious to hear your review
haven_seeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 September 2019, 02:50 AM   #37
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:

These??

If so you will love them. They are awesome.

Or did you go for the wireless PX? I dont know if they have a hardwired option. My B&O headphones do and the sound quality wirelessly over bluetooth isn't nearly as good as when i use the cable so i dont bother with wireless even though it has that option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
current collection: Patek 5164A, Patek 5524G, Rolex Platinum Daytona 116506, Rolex Sea Dweller 43 126600, Rolex GMT II 116710LN, AP 15400ST (silver), Panerai 913, Omega Speedmaster moonwatch, Tudor Black Bay (Harrods Edition)
tyler1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 September 2019, 02:55 AM   #38
Dr. Robert
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: 1655
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSchu View Post
No single here...

Klipsch speakers
Old 16 September 2019, 12:22 AM   #39
tom2517
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreguetRolex View Post
B&W headphones are ok, not bad but not good either. This Utopia is....top tier, provided one wants to spend 4k.

However, in the world of noise cancelling headphones, Bose is very good at what they do, better than B&W which doesn’t have any besides being a closed headphone.
tom2517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 September 2019, 12:32 AM   #40
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom2517 View Post
B&W headphones are ok, not bad but not good either. This Utopia is....top tier, provided one wants to spend 4k.

for a watch analogy
B&W and B&O fall into the IWC trap where as bose is kind of like Rolex. Then you have the true HH audio companies

People buy the low tier of both b&w and b&o and formulate the perception of the brand like how the mass market for IWC is their low end watches and they forget they also make grand complications.

Bose is Rolex and their top tier products are positioned in the mass market like how Rolex does it. Doesn't go to the higher tier.

Then you have people comparing brands Bose vs B&W like its comparable. It is with B&W entry level vs bose top tier i guess.

bose doesn't make a 15k+ speaker AFAIK, B&W does... then you have the way top tier even above that
current collection: Patek 5164A, Patek 5524G, Rolex Platinum Daytona 116506, Rolex Sea Dweller 43 126600, Rolex GMT II 116710LN, AP 15400ST (silver), Panerai 913, Omega Speedmaster moonwatch, Tudor Black Bay (Harrods Edition)
Old 16 September 2019, 12:53 AM   #41
tom2517
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler1980 View Post
for a watch analogy
B&W and B&O fall into the IWC trap where as bose is kind of like Rolex. Then you have the true HH audio companies

People buy the low tier of both b&w and b&o and formulate the perception of the brand like how the mass market for IWC is their low end watches and they forget they also make grand complications.

Bose is Rolex and their top tier products are positioned in the mass market like how Rolex does it. Doesn't go to the higher tier.

Then you have people comparing brands Bose vs B&W like its comparable. It is with B&W entry level vs bose top tier i guess.

bose doesn't make a 15k+ speaker AFAIK, B&W does
I don’t care if Bose makes speaker or not. Many elite headphone companies don’t make speakers so I don’t quite agree headphones is low end audio while expensive speakers is high end like a grand complication? I assume that is what you were saying.

Headphone is now a serious category in itself so I don’t mix headphones vs speakers.
Old 16 September 2019, 12:56 AM   #42
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I don’t care if Bose makes speaker or not. Many elite headphone companies don’t make speakers so I don’t quite agree headphones is low end audio while expensive speakers is high end like a grand complication? I assume that is what you were saying.

Headphone is now a serious category in itself so I don’t mix headphones vs speakers.
just saying people buy a 200 dollar pair of B&W headphones and think the brand is comparable to bose. It isn't. Maybe that product is but the brand isn't.

same goes for speakers. Buy an entry level speaker and compare it to a bose speaker and think the brands overall are on the same level

My point was "B&W headphones are OK" depends on which ones you are talking about. They make a range. Some are not great, some are fabulous. None are at the Focal level
Old 16 September 2019, 12:56 AM   #43
BreguetRolex
Banned

Watch: TIMEX
Quote:

However, in the world of noise cancelling headphones, Bose is very good at what they do, better than B&W which doesn’t have any besides being a closed headphone.
Just took delivery last week of a set of Focal Utopias and sweet..

IMG_3414.JPG

IMG_3415.JPG

IMG_3416.JPG
BreguetRolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 September 2019, 01:21 AM   #44
tom2517
"TRF" Member

Quote:
just saying people buy a 200 dollar pair of B&W headphones and think the brand is comparable to bose. It isn't. Maybe that product is but the brand isn't.

same goes for speakers. Buy an entry level speaker and compare it to a bose speaker and think the brands overall are on the same level
Well that depends on what the OP wants. If active noise cancelling is priority (which sounded like it is), Bose is top 2 for sure, along with Sony, both better than B&W.
Old 16 September 2019, 01:39 AM   #45
daveathall
"TRF" Member

Watch: Various
Quote:

My point was "B&W headphones are OK" depends on which ones you are talking about. They make a range. Some are not great, some are fabulous. None are at the Focal level
Bose is not in the same league as B&W. I wouldn't pit Focal against B&W either when it comes to speakers. Both pair well with Naim, in fact, the Naim Mu-so 2nd generation I have just bought has Focal speakers. If your comparison was just headphones, you may have a point, I dont know, but speaker wise, Bose is a tin can compared to B&W who make speakers up to and over 50K price point.

Edit; After reading your other posts on the subject, I think that I misunderstood your post that I quoted.

DAVE

daveathall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 September 2019, 07:49 AM   #46
TheVTCGuy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by haven_seeker View Post
You mean B&W I assume?

I’m anxious to hear your review
Sorry for the confusion, let me clear it up if I can.

Wireless noise-canceling around the ear headphones is a priority, for all the plane flying I do the NC was essential, and I personally find around the ear the most comfortable. I have had Bose since the QC3, 15, 25 and 35. My 35s are literally held together with gorilla glue after years of use and abuse, so I pre-ordered the new model, the NC 700s and anxiously awaited them.

The sound quality was good, the noise cancelling excellent, so at first I was satisfied. Well, ... another reason I use headphones like this is just to listen to music while I relax in my lounge chair, call it meditation if you like. The 700s... POWERED DOWN after ten minutes of not sensing any motion. The app has a setting, 10 minutes, 3 hours and never (if I remember correctly) but regardless of the setting, they did after ten minutes, and I might add with a loud and disturbing power off time. Imagine just starting to relax listening to music and every ten minutes the f*%*king things turn off.

Please read the link I posted to the thread on Bose website with over 100 complaints. Bose would not let you return them because they said it was a “battery saving FEATURE” Don’t move your head for 10 minutes, your headphones shut off. How Fricken stupid.

For three months all we got was lip service saying: “we are looking in to it Blah Blah Blah” Last week they announced there would be a new firmware release that would increase it from 10 minutes to one hour... ... ... What kind of solution is that? Now you can relax/sleep/meditate for a whole hour before you are rudely interrupted. I have HAD IT WOTH BOSE. I gave my 700s away, I couldn’t in good conscious sell them.

I looked for a superior brand and at first liked the B and W, but finally decided on the Bang and Olufsen, I just liked their sound quality a little better and the NC was good. Ordered them and should be receiving this week! Can’t wait!
Old 16 September 2019, 07:52 AM   #47
shaunylw
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Sorry for the confusion, let me clear it up if I can.

Wireless noise-canceling around the ear headphones is a priority, for all the plane flying I do the NC was essential, and I personally find around the ear the most comfortable. I have had Bose since the QC3, 15, 25 and 35. My 35s are literally held together with gorilla glue after years of use and abuse, so I pre-ordered the new model, the NC 700s and anxiously awaited them.

The sound quality was good, the noise cancelling excellent, so at first I was satisfied. Well, ... another reason I use headphones like this is just to listen to music while I relax in my lounge chair, call it meditation if you like. The 700s... POWERED DOWN after ten minutes of not sensing any motion. The app has a setting, 10 minutes, 3 hours and never (if I remember correctly) but regardless of the setting, they did after ten minutes, and I might add with a loud and disturbing power off time. Imagine just starting to relax listening to music and every ten minutes the f*%*king things turn off.

Please read the link I posted to the thread on Bose website with over 100 complaints. Bose would not let you return them because they said it was a “battery saving FEATURE” Don’t move your head for 10 minutes, your headphones shut off. How Fricken stupid.

For three months all we got was lip service saying: “we are looking in to it Blah Blah Blah” Last week they announced there would be a new firmware release that would increase it from 10 minutes to one hour... ... ... What kind of solution is that? Now you can relax/sleep/meditate for a whole hour before you are rudely interrupted. I have HAD IT WOTH BOSE. I gave my 700s away, I couldn’t in good conscious sell them.

I looked for a superior brand and at first liked the B and W, but finally decided on the Bang and Olufsen, I just liked their sound quality a little better and the NC was good. Ordered them and should be receiving this week! Can’t wait!

What a horrendous feature of the new bose! I have the 35s that should last a few years, hopefully they get it figured out before i need new ones.

shaunylw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 September 2019, 03:19 PM   #48
TheVTCGuy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaunylw View Post
What a horrendous feature of the new bose! I have the 35s that should last a few years, hopefully they get it figured out before i need new ones.

It is amazing Shaun, please read the link I posted in the original post, and the stupid responses from Bose. It is actually insulting. Best of luck with your 35s, mine worked great for many years.
Old 16 September 2019, 10:09 PM   #49
Kliminator
2024 Pledge Member

I love my qc35s for travel. Why not just pick up another pair?
Kliminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 September 2019, 05:00 AM   #50
TheVTCGuy
Banned

I am so excited!!!!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 3E5B280A-224B-4501-AF52-8D2E918A491A.jpeg (146.9 KB, 83 views)
Old 19 September 2019, 06:41 AM   #51
TheVTCGuy
Banned

Been listening to them for a couple hours.... so far very impressed.
Old 19 September 2019, 07:21 AM   #52
MSchu
Banned

What's your source?
MSchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 September 2019, 01:10 PM   #53
TheVTCGuy
Banned

Just bluetooth Ipad, what I listen to on planes. The sound quality is definitely better then Bose, the sound canceling similar, they were expensive, but so far I am very satisfied.
Old 7 October 2019, 12:15 AM   #54
haven_seeker
"TRF" Member

Watch: 19018N OQ
haven_seeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 October 2019, 12:28 AM   #55
Wesley Crusher
"TRF" Member

I've tried different headphones and the QC35s are my favorite. The sound quality is good enough for me, NC is very good, but most importantly, they are super light and I can wear them for 8 hours straight, no problem. With some other headphones, after just a short while they become very uncomfortable.
Wesley Crusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 October 2019, 01:54 AM   #56
trelane
"TRF" Member

Watch: Apple Series 1
I’ve got the PX, but this was a trip down memory lane for me. I had a BHSE and K1000 at one point but can’t seem to find those pics. The R10 was a bass-heavy version, manufactured 2002.

Movado Museum Sport
trelane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 October 2019, 02:40 AM   #57
Fabrice M
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: This and that...
I used to have a pair of Sony noise canceling headphones. On my last trip, I realized my six years old had chewed the cord and thus while the sound canceling feature was still working I couldn’t use them for the movie. I bought a pair of wireless Boss headphones on the plane ( the latest iteration)... I wouldn’t say I am disappointed and love the fact that they are wireless but can be uses with a cord, but the Sony IMO were slightly better as far as sound canceling, sounded a little better and were more comfortable.
Fabrice M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 October 2019, 02:42 AM   #58
Fabrice M
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: This and that...
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWS Alpine View Post
For travel noise cancelling headphones I have been very happy with my Bang and Olufsen H8s. They now have an H9 over ear model too. I love the way they sound and you can turn off noise cancel function for even better sound. The Bose headphones you couldn’t when I tried a while back. Not sure if they allow it now.
You can on the one I have. They actually have 3 noise cancellation setting: Max, Medium and off.
Fabrice M is offline   Reply With Quote