The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 5 September 2019, 04:32 AM   #31
algemesi
"TRF" Member

I don’t really know what was worked out behind the scenes. I agree that some kind of arrangement was likely made since a new replacement 126710BLNR costs more than my stolen GMT II. Maybe JM saved money by buying directly from Rolex.
algemesi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 September 2019, 04:33 AM   #32
algemesi
"TRF" Member

Oh, and cash was never an option: either replacement or reimbursement up to $8,450.
Old 5 September 2019, 04:42 PM   #33
Kliminator
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by algemesi View Post
Oh, and cash was never an option: either replacement or reimbursement up to $8,450.

Congrats on the favorable outcome. Confused about your comment though because doesn't reimbursement = cash..? Unless you just mean a replacement of a different watch up to 8,450 value
Kliminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 September 2019, 11:01 PM   #34
algemesi
"TRF" Member

It’s only a replacement policy. I stated things wrong. The insurance company only pays the jeweler directly for the replacement item. They initially wanted to work with the jeweler I purchased my old watch from, but due to the wait/supply problem they tried Rolex directly. After Rolex confirmed my old model isn’t made any more and that the current one was available, the insurance company paid Rolex Watches USA, Inc. and Rolex sent me a replacement.
Old 6 September 2019, 06:04 AM   #35
Ballzzz
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
It’s only a replacement policy. I stated things wrong. The insurance company only pays the jeweler directly for the replacement item. They initially wanted to work with the jeweler I purchased my old watch from, but due to the wait/supply problem they tried Rolex directly. After Rolex confirmed my old model isn’t made any more and that the current one was available, the insurance company paid Rolex Watches USA, Inc. and Rolex sent me a replacement.
Wow great job JM!!!!! - Very lucky happy to hear the good outcome from this story.
Old 17 September 2019, 06:19 AM   #36
Gdoc26
"TRF" Member

thats kinda what I meant, i provided insurance company with appraisals for a dollar amount that was based on what it would cost to replace at current prices, i.e. DavidSW. I will have to be diligent and stay on top of the value at least yearly to make sure they are still insured for the proper amount.
Gdoc26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 September 2019, 07:52 AM   #37
othertbone
Banned

Watch: Rolex/AP/Vin Omega
Quote:
Hello Forum,

I have been authorized by my insurance company to have my stolen GMT II replaced. It is a replacement policy and they work with the jeweler.

Do you have experience getting a Rolex replaced in this situation when the watch has a waiting list?

Thanks!

Brother you are going to have a hard time.

I am in the process of re-appraising all my pieces for fair market value. My watches all have the retail price on the current appraisals, and in todays watch world that doesn't cut it for Rolex, AP and PP. So now if I lose a watch, I can immediately replace it with a new unworn piece from a local grey market dealer.

I'm sorry for your situation my friend. Think about raising your insured amount so you can actually replace the watch if it ever happens again. I hope it will work out for you this time around.
othertbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 September 2019, 10:26 PM   #38
Jim Smyth
Banned

Watch: DD
Congrats on a good outcome for now. It will be interesting to see what happens with JM when your policy comes up for renewal. I have heard stories about folks being dropped after a claim. Guess we will see how that goes in time.
Jim Smyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 September 2019, 03:14 AM   #39
Kliminator
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by othertbone View Post
Brother you are going to have a hard time.

I am in the process of re-appraising all my pieces for fair market value. My watches all have the retail price on the current appraisals, and in todays watch world that doesn't cut it for Rolex, AP and PP. So now if I lose a watch, I can immediately replace it with a new unworn piece from a local grey market dealer.

I'm sorry for your situation my friend. Think about raising your insured amount so you can actually replace the watch if it ever happens again. I hope it will work out for you this time around.

In this particular case, he had the watch insured for MSRP (8,450) and was able to get his watch replace from insurance GMT LN for BLNR w jubilee. Basically an interesting case where he did not have to pay premiums for a higher insured value but got an even more desireable watch back.

Obviously this wouldn't be recommended - better to insure at the higher value to be safe. But a fortunate and interesting outcome though
Kliminator is offline   Reply With Quote