The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 17 September 2019, 10:57 AM   #1
Demon Barber
"TRF" Member

DSSD accuracy is astounding

I'm amazed by the accuracy of this watch (126660). It runs roughly 1 second slow during the daylight hours while wearing it, and 1 second fast overnight in horizontal position, so the average is so damn close to perfect I don't have to adjust. Never had a mechanical watch this accurate.
Demon Barber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 September 2019, 11:10 AM   #2
DoctorA
"TRF" Member

I had mine synced with the atomic clock app on my phone and
Kept perfect time for 3 days straight until I put it back in the box to pick a different one!
Old 17 September 2019, 11:13 AM   #3
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
That’s pretty impressive
brandrea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17 September 2019, 11:34 AM   #4
othertbone
Banned

Watch: Rolex/AP/Vin Omega
That's Rolex for you brother!
othertbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 September 2019, 11:51 AM   #5
JasChCh
"TRF" Member

Watch: 114060
Mine is great too....now.....!!

I had to send it back after a few months, as it started out ok (minus 3 s/pd), and ended up getting slower and slower until it was losing 8 or so seconds per day.

Then I got it back, it was gaining 3 spd, which I was happy with, but it then started gaining more and more time each day - once it got to gaining 8 secs per day I once again sent it back.

Before sending it back each time I consulted with my local watchmaker, who picked up various things that I could not fully understand, but the upshot was he believed it needed to go back as well.

Now it's running within the spec Rolex say it should (plus or minus 2 secs per day), and I love it.
JasChCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 September 2019, 12:52 PM   #6
Demon Barber
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasChCh View Post
Mine is great too....now.....!!

I had to send it back after a few months, as it started out ok (minus 3 s/pd), and ended up getting slower and slower until it was losing 8 or so seconds per day.

Then I got it back, it was gaining 3 spd, which I was happy with, but it then started gaining more and more time each day - once it got to gaining 8 secs per day I once again sent it back.

Before sending it back each time I consulted with my local watchmaker, who picked up various things that I could not fully understand, but the upshot was he believed it needed to go back as well.

Now it's running within the spec Rolex say it should (plus or minus 2 secs per day), and I love it.
That's interesting, I wonder what was the influence that caused the fluctuation to begin with, and what kept them from rectifying it the first time around. I must be lucky getting one so accurate, but I'm sure it won't stay that way forever. I'm just enjoying wearing such a well designed piece. Still impressed how well it fits on my 7 inch wrist.
Demon Barber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 September 2019, 01:22 PM   #7
Dirt
"TRF" Member

Watch: DSSD
It's great isn't it
That's what it's all about and not all that unusual with a well adjusted movement and one of the reasons why Rolex watches are so well respected
Enjoy
Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 September 2019, 01:44 PM   #8
JasChCh
"TRF" Member

Watch: 114060
Yeah, it really does wear well, a superb piece of engineering.

To be honest, I have no idea what the problem was, just that the amplitude was lower than it should have been and some of the positions (according to the watch maker) varied by 12 seconds per day....

I suspect that the first time I returned it (when it was running slow), they just adjusted it to run fast without discovering the underlying problem - but the second time it's been fixed well & truly.
JasChCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 September 2019, 07:22 PM   #9
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon Barber View Post
I'm amazed by the accuracy of this watch (126660). It runs roughly 1 second slow during the daylight hours while wearing it, and 1 second fast overnight in horizontal position, so the average is so damn close to perfect I don't have to adjust. Never had a mechanical watch this accurate.
Yes good accuracy but no matter the movement or the brand the movement is only as good as what it was regulated too.I have a Chinese made Seagull ST 19 movement after careful regulation runs a consistent +2 a day cost of watch $60.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17 September 2019, 07:35 PM   #10
bp1000
"TRF" Member

My recent daytona purchase is currently +0 after 3 weeks of constant wear.

Just a bonus but secretly very nice to have
bp1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 September 2019, 08:29 PM   #11
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bp1000 View Post
My recent daytona purchase is currently +0 after 3 weeks of constant wear.

Just a bonus but secretly very nice to have
So what you are stating in 3 weeks your watch has not deviated by even half a second, then you must have a movement in 10000000.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18 September 2019, 04:35 AM   #12
RolexWombat
"TRF" Member

Watch: Depends on the day
(as others have said) the quality of the adjustment is actually much more important than the type of movement (within reason, and assuming the movement is in proper working order).

Typically, a well adjusted watch will run a certain rate (let's say +1) when worn and a different rate (let's say -1) when resting in a certain position. If you are pretty consistent in the way you wear the watch (i.e. every day, and always in the same resting position for about the same amount of time) you can then achieve extremely good (in practical terms less 1s/day) overall rates over long periods of time.

This means that a watch that may be for example adjusted to 0 in one position, would not run a 0 in real-life utilization (ie when worn during the day and resting a night), a lot of the skill of the watchmaker making the adjustment is knowing for a particular movement what about rates to adjust in what position such that you get a very good 'real life' rate.

And you don't have to send your watch to Rolex service for that, they are probably going to adjust it to be 'close enough' to their internal standard target rates, while a good independent watch maker may actually spend the time to adjust it even better.

That's what happened in the case of my SubC, coming back from the RSC it ran at about +5 in my real-life conditions (i.e. given I wear it every days for about X hours and let it rest always dial up when not wearing it). I went to see Giovanni at the SF Rolex Service Center (used to be official RSC, now independent, highly recommended BTW), explained to him what overall real-life rate I was getting with the watch so that he could adjust it from there and now it runs around +0.3 overall over a month and I'm a very happy camper.

Also remember that the way your watch keep time _will_ change over time as you actually use the watch, after a few years of usage you may need to get it adjusted again (or give it a service + adjustment) if you want to keep that 'superlative' performance.
RolexWombat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 September 2019, 12:54 AM   #13
Burke
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126660 D-Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon Barber View Post
Mine is damn near exact as an atomic clock, it’s amazing! Such precision.
Burke is offline   Reply With Quote