The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX


Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28 May 2019, 11:25 AM   #1
lorislav
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Real Name: Loris
Location: montreal
Posts: 15
Fedex potential fraud

So I bought a watch from the states, the buyer decided to ship through fedex and declare itís value and contents rather than just say itís a regular watch which is understandable but the funny thing is that I was expecting it today and at 6:30am someone called fedex to change the loacation of the package to a super c with a fedex holding center a 13k watch to a super c?!?! And fedex does not at all find it suspicious I know the rater went through the watch, Iím not trying to create a conspiracy.

I just find it weird that the watch was told to be sent to a drop off location 30 minutes away from me. Similar stories ?
lorislav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 May 2019, 11:31 AM   #2
Trog
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: BC
Posts: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorislav View Post
So I bought a watch from the states, the buyer decided to ship through fedex and declare itís value and contents rather than just say itís a regular watch which is understandable but the funny thing is that I was expecting it today and at 6:30am someone called fedex to change the loacation of the package to a super c with a fedex holding center a 13k watch to a super c?!?! And fedex does not at all find it suspicious I know the rater went through the watch, Iím not trying to create a conspiracy.

I just find it weird that the watch was told to be sent to a drop off location 30 minutes away from me. Similar stories ?
Do you live in a 'No-Go' Zone?
Trog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 May 2019, 11:31 AM   #3
mat_787
"TRF" Member
 
mat_787's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Montreal
Watch: DJ41
Posts: 33
Hey also from Montreal and had this happen to me before but it wasn't for a watch.

I think it's just a coincidence as the closest FedEx drop off/pickup point happens to be at the Super C (in my case).

I think you can create a FedEx account and set a preferred location for future purchases. Hope it works out for you.
mat_787 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28 May 2019, 11:34 AM   #4
cdmorenot
"TRF" Member
 
cdmorenot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Real Name: Carlos
Location: MedellŪn Colombia
Watch: e-commerce trends
Posts: 2,736
Fedex potential fraud

Your package was rerouted ? Red flags all over.

When I ran the e-commerce department for a telecom company we had to change our agreement with Fedex to prohibit package re routing. I havenít had it happen with my own packages but this is a well known scheme. Itís possible a clerk or someone that handled your package took down the package details and called to re route.

So unless the FedEx call center tells you the hold or re route was initiated by them I would ensure that package is either returned to sender or get the police at the location to wait for anyone who may show up with a fake ID.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
214270 , 116710BLNR
Gone But Not Forgotten - 114300, 116233, 116610 LN/LV, 79220b
cdmorenot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 May 2019, 11:40 AM   #5
Jojoshop
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Real Name: Jim
Location: LA
Watch: BLNR
Posts: 446
Very interesting, good luck and hopefully you got your watch.
I find it a bit strange for a fedex person to do the reroute.
Jojoshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 May 2019, 11:58 AM   #6
lorislav
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Real Name: Loris
Location: montreal
Posts: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jojoshop View Post
Very interesting, good luck and hopefully you got your watch.
I find it a bit strange for a fedex person to do the reroute.

It wasnít someone working for fedex they told me the reroute was made by me.
lorislav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 May 2019, 12:00 PM   #7
lorislav
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Real Name: Loris
Location: montreal
Posts: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdmorenot View Post
Your package was rerouted ? Red flags all over.

When I ran the e-commerce department for a telecom company we had to change our agreement with Fedex to prohibit package re routing. I havenít had it happen with my own packages but this is a well known scheme. Itís possible a clerk or someone that handled your package took down the package details and called to re route.

So unless the FedEx call center tells you the hold or re route was initiated by them I would ensure that package is either returned to sender or get the police at the location to wait for anyone who may show up with a fake ID.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I spoke to fedex and made sure that under no circumstances the package be rerouted, Iím not blaming fedex in any way Iíve been reading stories of thisís happening to several shipping companies it just sucks that if I hadnít checked someone could have potentially got the watch
lorislav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 May 2019, 12:04 PM   #8
lorislav
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Real Name: Loris
Location: montreal
Posts: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trog View Post
Do you live in a 'No-Go' Zone?
What is a no-go zone
lorislav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 May 2019, 12:10 PM   #9
PatronMTL
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Montreal
Posts: 408
I sold an iPhone on eBay once for $1500, buyer either used a hacked eBay account, or used his own. But he called fedex posing as an eBay employee and had them change the destination address from the PayPal confirmed address linked to the eBay account to an address in another state.

Basically killing my proof of delivery. I got very lucky eBay refunded the buyer out of their own pocket and didn’t affect me after a long fight, but the fraduster buyer got away with a free iPhone. I never insure with fedex, so they basically only covered the 100$ default insurance (lesson learned there)

I really don’t see what interest the seller would have in rerouting a package. Being sent to a fedex counter in a super market will make it safer I would think as they ask for ID on pickup. I can tell you that fedex is sometimes lost with their own notes and it’s very possible the delivery guy attempted delivery, or didn’t even bother and just send it there for you to pick

My advice though is if you go pick it up, bring a friend and ask him to film you opening the box with the fedex clerk as a witness. Film the box all around to show condition of seals.

One last idea is that the duties are so high that they would require an In store payment as the amount is higher than a drive may be allowed to acccept!?
__________________
BLNR (gone) - SS YMII (blue hands)
PatronMTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 May 2019, 12:12 PM   #10
PatronMTL
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Montreal
Posts: 408
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorislav View Post
What is a no-go zone
Fedex doesn’t deliver to the doorstep in all areas, they will sometimes ship to closest fedex counter and send you a notice to go pick up items there. This wouldn’t happen anywhere in Montreal that I know of though
__________________
BLNR (gone) - SS YMII (blue hands)
PatronMTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 May 2019, 12:20 PM   #11
mat_787
"TRF" Member
 
mat_787's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Montreal
Watch: DJ41
Posts: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatronMTL View Post
Fedex doesnít deliver to the doorstep in all areas, they will sometimes ship to closest fedex counter and send you a notice to go pick up items there. This wouldnít happen anywhere in Montreal that I know of though


Itís happened to me in and Iím in ville saint Laurent. I just canít remember if a drop off was attempted first though

Hope it works out for the OP


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mat_787 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28 May 2019, 01:19 PM   #12
imgook
"TRF" Member
 
imgook's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Real Name: Rob
Location: Australia
Watch: 116500LN White
Posts: 811
Subbed for results.
imgook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 May 2019, 03:50 PM   #13
pkincy
"TRF" Member
 
pkincy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: SoCal
Posts: 431
All my watch purchases have come with Sig Required and the sender has blocked all rerouting. In several cases it would have been more convenient for me to pick up at UPS or FedEx due to the signature but in each case I could not. So that control is possible if the shipper requests it.
pkincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 2019, 12:34 AM   #14
Gtecko
2019 SKY-DWELLER Pledge Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Halifax
Posts: 497
what is the tracking saying now ?
Gtecko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 2019, 12:59 AM   #15
lorislav
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Real Name: Loris
Location: montreal
Posts: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtecko View Post
what is the tracking saying now ?

Watch getting shipped back to seller, seller unresponsive
lorislav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 2019, 01:02 AM   #16
Gtecko
2019 SKY-DWELLER Pledge Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Halifax
Posts: 497
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorislav View Post
Watch getting shipped back to seller, seller unresponsive
couldn't you make it to the Super C to pick it up ?
Gtecko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 2019, 01:06 AM   #17
lorislav
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Real Name: Loris
Location: montreal
Posts: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtecko View Post
couldn't you make it to the Super C to pick it up ?
They let me know too late
lorislav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 2019, 04:55 AM   #18
sunset117
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Placerville
Posts: 133
I’d be worried about your money. There’s scams were the shipper reroutes mid shipment and changes delivery and it still comes up as delivered so the buyer has little recourse
Be vigilant
sunset117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 2019, 04:59 AM   #19
lorislav
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Real Name: Loris
Location: montreal
Posts: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunset117 View Post
Iíd be worried about your money. Thereís scams were the shipper reroutes mid shipment and changes delivery and it still comes up as delivered so the buyer has little recourse
Be vigilant
seller requested a return shipment today
lorislav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 2019, 05:57 AM   #20
sunset117
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Placerville
Posts: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorislav View Post
seller requested a return shipment today
So you received it and they want you to send it back? Or the seller is rerouting to there address on the package?
sunset117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 2019, 07:42 AM   #21
circles
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: GMT-6
Posts: 136
I'd be careful shipping with FedEx. Everyone THINKS they insure watches but they don't. Here is the info direct from their website:
Tips for Shipping Your Jewelry

Here are a few guidelines to help you ship valuables such as fine jewelry, gemstones and watches.
Itís important to understand the coverage that FedEx makes available to you, so you can supplement it when necessary.

When it comes to jewelry shipments, the maximum declared value is limited to $1,000. If you need to ship jewelry for a special occasion or for a repair, please contact your insurance provider to make sure your jewelry is covered. Declared value is not insurance, and FedEx does not sell insurance.
circles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 2019, 09:08 AM   #22
CorradoBrit
"TRF" Member
 
CorradoBrit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: TX
Posts: 1,117
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorislav View Post
seller requested a return shipment today
Makes no sense. Why?
CorradoBrit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 2019, 11:18 AM   #23
Chris85
2019 Pledge Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: US
Posts: 164
I am the person the OP tried to steal a watch from. We were going to trade, but somehow he never managed to figure out how to ship on his end. Kept making excuses, delays, incorrect tracking numbers, etc. We were supposed to ship at the same time, me through fedex, FedEx, him UPS.

Sent a picture of the shipping label from UPS store 340, and I checked the tracking, it said pending. I called the store, they said he left without shipping, saying that he forgot to put something in.

I put the reroute in place last week when I felt something was off. Thank God I did, because he couldn't produce ID to pick it up.

FedEx also picked up that something was wrong, when he called FedEx PRETENDING TO BE ME to try and get the package released to someone else.

He used the name Karl Beauchamp, and tried to get Donato Lavecchia to pick it up.

He used the phone number(438)978-6585, and also referenced TRF ID spo888

Everyone beware! The OP is linked to this that I just barely got out of!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Chris85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 2019, 11:34 AM   #24
cdmorenot
"TRF" Member
 
cdmorenot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Real Name: Carlos
Location: MedellŪn Colombia
Watch: e-commerce trends
Posts: 2,736
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris85 View Post
I am the person the OP tried to steal a watch from. We were going to trade, but somehow he never managed to figure out how to ship on his end. Kept making excuses, delays, incorrect tracking numbers, etc. We were supposed to ship at the same time, me through fedex, FedEx, him UPS.

Sent a picture of the shipping label from UPS store 340, and I checked the tracking, it said pending. I called the store, they said he left without shipping, saying that he forgot to put something in.

I put the reroute in place last week when I felt something was off. Thank God I did, because he couldn't produce ID to pick it up.

FedEx also picked up that something was wrong, when he called FedEx PRETENDING TO BE ME to try and get the package released to someone else.

He used the name Karl Beauchamp, and tried to get Donato Lavecchia to pick it up.

He used the phone number(438)978-6585, and also referenced TRF ID spo888

Everyone beware! The OP is linked to this that I just barely got out of!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk


Wow !! Very very lucky to have gotten out of it. I just realized OP had gotten caught using the photos from an older sale to claim he had purchased a ceramic Daytona ...

Scum.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
214270 , 116710BLNR
Gone But Not Forgotten - 114300, 116233, 116610 LN/LV, 79220b
cdmorenot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 2019, 11:36 AM   #25
Knappo 1307
2019 SKY-DWELLER Pledge Member
 
Knappo 1307's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Real Name: Jason
Location: USA
Watch: Sea Dweller
Posts: 6,554
giphy-facebook_s.jpg
Knappo 1307 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 2019, 11:37 AM   #26
Wmesallem
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: West coast
Posts: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris85 View Post
I am the person the OP tried to steal a watch from. We were going to trade, but somehow he never managed to figure out how to ship on his end. Kept making excuses, delays, incorrect tracking numbers, etc. We were supposed to ship at the same time, me through fedex, FedEx, him UPS.

Sent a picture of the shipping label from UPS store 340, and I checked the tracking, it said pending. I called the store, they said he left without shipping, saying that he forgot to put something in.

I put the reroute in place last week when I felt something was off. Thank God I did, because he couldn't produce ID to pick it up.

FedEx also picked up that something was wrong, when he called FedEx PRETENDING TO BE ME to try and get the package released to someone else.

He used the name Karl Beauchamp, and tried to get Donato Lavecchia to pick it up.

He used the phone number(438)978-6585, and also referenced TRF ID spo888

Everyone beware! The OP is linked to this that I just barely got out of!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk


Plot thickens!!!!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wmesallem is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 2019, 11:39 AM   #27
Knappo 1307
2019 SKY-DWELLER Pledge Member
 
Knappo 1307's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Real Name: Jason
Location: USA
Watch: Sea Dweller
Posts: 6,554
OP you need to get on here and start talking and fast....
Knappo 1307 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 2019, 11:42 AM   #28
CorradoBrit
"TRF" Member
 
CorradoBrit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: TX
Posts: 1,117
Where's the ban hammer?
CorradoBrit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 2019, 11:43 AM   #29
Chris85
2019 Pledge Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: US
Posts: 164
Yup. Ridiculous. I was so stupid, and let the idea of a good deal bypass all the red flags.

Phone couldn't get pictures.

Wanted me to pay his customs.

Declared his watch as a "used watch bracelet"

UPS never scanned in package.

Didn't have ID.

Pretended to be new on phone to FedEx.

It got pretty obvious towards the end.

That reroute saved me from losing a Day Date. Trust those red flags, everyone! Don't be greedy like me!





Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Chris85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 2019, 11:44 AM   #30
Chris85
2019 Pledge Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: US
Posts: 164
Pretended to be "me"

Autocorrect

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Chris85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


*Banner Of The Month*
This space is provided to horological resources.





Copyright ©2004-2019, The Rolex Forums. All Rights Reserved.

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Rolex is a registered trademark of ROLEX USA. The Rolex Forums is not affiliated with ROLEX USA in any way.