The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Ω Omega Discussion Forum

Old 16 September 2019, 07:25 AM   #1
jag32
Banned

Watch: PP/AP/BP/UN
Need opinions on buying a Seamaster 300

Considering buying a black Seamaster 300 but am concerned it is just too much black considering I already have a regular Speedmaster Pro moonwatch. I like the blue dial Seamaster 300 more than the black, but I’m hesitant to take on buying anymore blue dial watches since I already have a grail Royal Oak in blue so i dont really want blue on my other pieces. So I feel like I’m forcing the issue by buying a black Seamaster 300, that it will be too much “Omega in black” given I already have a black Speedmaster, but if I didn’t have a blue dial royal Oak then I would 1000% buy the blue Seamaster 300.

Why do I want the Seamaster 300 in the first place? Because I want a rugged waterproof do it all watch that I can wear on vacation, go hiking, go swimming, and never take off. This past weekend I went out to the mountains and went hiking, swimming, etc. and realized I really didn’t have a watch to wear that I could just leave on my wrist and not worry about. So this weekend I wore my Speedmaster for everything but took it off for swimming. Answer? Buying The Seamaster 300!!! I just don’t know about color given my current collection. I suppose this is something where a Rolex would be appropriate, but I hate Rolex and will only consider non Rolex brands. Besides the Seamaster, any other watches I should consider given my current collection, reasons for wanting a Seamaster, and color choices?

So many dillemas here. First world problems haha. Greatly appreciate your guys opinion on all this.
jag32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 September 2019, 08:57 AM   #2
JR16
2024 Pledge Member

Personally, if it’s blue you like the best, then I would get the blue irrespective of your collection - it’s different from your RO. I ended up getting the black even though I have a speedy and a black Sub. It’s what I liked and enjoy it on my wrist. This is a great watch and I think it will suit your purposes and will love wearing it. If you still are unsure about color, another option would be the silver dial or upcoming white dial. Another omega to check out that would suit your needs would be the AT (on rubber) with a variety of dial colors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
JR16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 September 2019, 10:05 AM   #3
mcbain
"TRF" Member

Have you considered getting the Seamaster 300 with the silver dial? Or the soon to be released white dial... Would seem to solve your color "problem".
mcbain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 September 2019, 11:46 AM   #4
Kamen
"TRF" Member

Wait until November and get the white dial. Problem solved.
Kamen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 September 2019, 12:03 PM   #5
Pronto0322
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamen View Post
Wait until November and get the white dial. Problem solved.

I agree, the white dial looks great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pronto0322 is offline   Reply With Quote