The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 5 September 2021, 05:33 AM   #31
macrowatch
"TRF" Member

Has anyone by chance seen the taupe and gray/blue subdials side by side?

Any photos on the net seem otherwise? Would still like the compare the two. Thanks!
macrowatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 September 2021, 05:47 AM   #32
rockdrock
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomaspp View Post

Love the watch frankly - what’s the other option you’re considering?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just Offshores for now. I really want that new Chrono movement otherwise I would like to own that Green Khaki new diver.

It seems so great.
rockdrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 September 2021, 09:30 AM   #33
Armis
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomaspp View Post

Love the watch frankly - what’s the other option you’re considering?

This blue/grey iteration is really really nice with this blue strap that matches the blue in the dial. Very versatile.
Armis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 7 September 2021, 12:02 AM   #34
felfyre
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdrock View Post
AP aficionados,

I am looking for advise from those that have this model or have worn it. I really like this new Offshore 43mm watch 26420SO in taupe. Stunning. I have not had the chance to put it on as none are available at boutiques to try.

Any advise on how it wears? Ergonomics? Heft? Display and view? Height? And just general comfortable feel.

This would be a leap unto unknown territory for me but it is exciting. It is definitely a departure of my traditional style.

Photo credit: Wristcheck

6 inch wrist, too big for me, loved the color but not really a fan of the new dial layout
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 40E94125-C522-449E-9843-FD255DC0A040.jpeg (69.4 KB, 804 views)
felfyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 September 2021, 03:33 AM   #35
rockdrock
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by felfyre View Post
6 inch wrist, too big for me, loved the color but not really a fan of the new dial layout

Thanks @felfyre. It does look like a massive watch on your wrist. Curious. What part of the dial layout you don’t like? Do you just prefer the other older dial layout?

Old 9 September 2021, 03:59 AM   #36
BNA/LION
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: ROLEX
New Offshores at 43mm too big?

43mm is way to big for me.

✦ 28238 President DD 18K/YG ✦ 16610LN SS Sub ✦ 16613 18K/SS Serti ✦ 16550 Exp II Non-Rail Cream Dial ✦ Daytona C 116500 ✦ 126710 BLRO GMT-Master II ✦ NEXT-->?
Hole In One! 10/3/19 DMCC 5th hole, par 3, 168 yards w/ 4-Iron.
BNA/LION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 September 2021, 04:51 AM   #37
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
Quote:
Thanks @felfyre. It does look like a massive watch on your wrist. Curious. What part of the dial layout you don’t like? Do you just prefer the other older dial layout?

It may take some time but that is still the ROC layout for me, still a bit weird to adjust to on a ROO.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 September 2021, 04:24 PM   #38
felfyre
"TRF" Member

Quote:

The wording "AP" instead of "Audemars Piguet", the spacing of the subdials and also the position of the date wheel. Yes, I am still a fan of the older 44s, or my eyes haven't settled yet for the new layout (or maybe it won't), just like the newer bmw larger (still not a fan) vs the older bmws grills
Old 9 September 2021, 04:27 PM   #39
AshAP
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP Royal Oak
New Offshores at 43mm too big?

Quote:
The wording "AP" instead of "Audemars Piguet", the spacing of the subdials and also the position of the date wheel. Yes, I am still a fan of the older 44s, or my eyes haven't settled yet for the new layout (or maybe it won't):

My thoughts exactly, I still prefer the 44. I also prefer the way light reflects off the flat 44 ceramic bezel which is very different on the curved 43.

AshAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 September 2021, 09:59 PM   #40
911AP
"TRF" Member

Quote:
The wording "AP" instead of "Audemars Piguet", the spacing of the subdials and also the position of the date wheel. Yes, I am still a fan of the older 44s, or my eyes haven't settled yet for the new layout (or maybe it won't), just like the newer bmw larger (still not a fan) vs the older bmws grills
Don't ever get use to the new BMW grills. Whatever moron thought of that should be fired.
911AP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 September 2021, 11:17 PM   #41
felfyre
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 911AP View Post
Don't ever get use to the new BMW grills. Whatever moron thought of that should be fired.
I am getting used to the x7 and 7 series grills. But the new m3/m4 horrendous grill is on another level of design blunder.
Old 9 September 2021, 11:49 PM   #42
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
Quote:
I am getting used to the x7 and 7 series grills. But the new m3/m4 horrendous grill is on another level of design blunder.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 September 2021, 11:55 PM   #43
1665fan
"TRF" Member

Too big…. Jumbo is no bueno
1665fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 September 2021, 01:49 AM   #44
911AP
"TRF" Member

As much as I dislike the new dial layout, if it means making it thicker like on the 42mm.....I'll take the new lay out. The last thing we need is a thicker ROO. They really need to think of a way to make it thinner.
911AP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 September 2021, 08:34 AM   #45
chiscott_29
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex, ALS, Omega
Of all the new ROOs in 2021, I agree the Smoked Taupe is the winner. That’s just gorgeous and for all of you that have gotten one, congratulations on a stunner.

Unfortunately, I’ve (finally?) accepted ROOs are simply too big for me with a 6.5” wrist. I tried on the new 43mm and they just look silly. Maybe it’s just personal evolution, but I even felt the new Divers were too big.

I’m going to try on the new 42mm when I can - There are a couple of them that I really like. But, as was just mentioned above, these got THICKER. Very marginally so, but that’s not going to help. I’ll be curious to see some wrist shots once they hit the boutiques.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 10 October 2021, 01:20 AM   #46
rockdrock
"TRF" Member

Breaking News: interesting news developing… ceramic bezel in the works! Crossing my fingers and wishing for the best. You guys have helped me evaluate options. Will keep you all posted.
Old 10 October 2021, 01:31 AM   #47
MP777
"TRF" Member

It wears smaller than the 44, the caseback is also down curved to better fit the wrist, a great ergo improvement
MP777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 October 2021, 05:19 AM   #48
rockdrock
"TRF" Member

The verdict: no, not “too” big at all. This Offshore has a large presence, it is thick, very broad, and super fun. I have never worn a watch like this before. More to come on this experience.
Old 12 October 2021, 05:32 AM   #49
edo
"TRF" Member

And the whole color theme with pants and top is here

What is your wrist size? And share some more pics....
edo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 February 2022, 01:02 AM   #50
Zazzles
"TRF" Member

Sorry to bump this old thread, but can we revisit the topic? Can we get more pics with wrist size for reference? Can someone post a pic from a distance so we can see how it looks in the context of the entire arm, not just zoomed in?
I have about a 6.5 wrist and am going back and forth on which offshore to get. I'm in line for a 43, but might want to ask for the 42mm ti chrono...
Zazzles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 February 2022, 03:51 AM   #51
TunaTuna
2024 Pledge Member

They are big fyckers
TunaTuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 February 2022, 05:41 AM   #52
wb55
"TRF" Member

Tried one on a few days ago. Didn’t like the diver too much, the dial felt disproportionately small vs the bezel and case. I have a big wrist and the diver was in my view a bit small for me. I have a YM42 which in the UK is the same price as the diver and I much prefer the YM42.

However the Offshore Chrono was beautiful, especially with a ceramic bezel. I’ve gone on the list for the smoked taupe dial and will see if I’m lucky enough to get the call.

wb55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 February 2022, 02:36 PM   #53
DonLee
"TRF" Member

I think it comes down to if you're used to it. The watch is wide and tall, but on the wrist it wraps around it more easily. my wrist is just under 16cm, and i never dared to try something so big. But when I did, it actually felt fine
DonLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 February 2022, 05:04 AM   #54
whiterabbit66
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP ROO,
Quote:
Fog those that know, waiting times would be nice to share in both Europe, US, and America, anywhere really.

Not to make a super big deal, but did these Offshores just go up in price? I thought I saw a different price just a few days ago.
Well I ordered mine last summer as an existing client and it arrives next week apparently :) I think they did just go up in price.
whiterabbit66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 February 2022, 05:38 AM   #55
Bladeshot
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: GMT 1675 PCG Gilt
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiterabbit66 View Post
Well I ordered mine last summer as an existing client and it arrives next week apparently :) I think they did just go up in price.

Congrats in advance! Pls post pics and info on your wrist size when you get it!
Old 14 February 2022, 11:46 PM   #56
whiterabbit66
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP ROO,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladeshot View Post
Congrats in advance! Pls post pics and info on your wrist size when you get it!
Thanks will do. About 2 years ago I was in a boutique and tried on both 42 and 44 ROO and neither seemed as big as I expected so I have ordered 43 without trying on. It actually looks visually thinner in photos I have seen than the new basic diver in my opinion. My wrist size is a hair under 7". Will post pic when I have it.
whiterabbit66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 February 2022, 12:32 AM   #57
Zavier
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zazzles View Post
Sorry to bump this old thread, but can we revisit the topic? Can we get more pics with wrist size for reference? Can someone post a pic from a distance so we can see how it looks in the context of the entire arm, not just zoomed in?
I have about a 6.5 wrist and am going back and forth on which offshore to get. I'm in line for a 43, but might want to ask for the 42mm ti chrono...

Steel model on my 6.5 wrist.
Zavier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 February 2022, 02:46 AM   #58
Zazzles
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zavier View Post

Steel model on my 6.5 wrist.
Those look great on both you guys! It looks bold but not 'too big' if that makes sense. I think that ultra-trimmed lug to lug dimension really helps out alot in that aspect because there is no real lug overhang on that size wrist, but the dial width, thickness, and angular nature do give it some boldness across the wrist.
I'm not too sure now which direction to go - 26420 or 26480ti 42mm... I do like the features and overall design of the new 43mm, but also feel the thinness of the 42mm might help it go a bit more unnoticed. .
Zazzles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 February 2022, 06:29 AM   #59
wb55
"TRF" Member

Quote:
The wording "AP" instead of "Audemars Piguet", the spacing of the subdials and also the position of the date wheel. Yes, I am still a fan of the older 44s, or my eyes haven't settled yet for the new layout (or maybe it won't)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshAP View Post
My thoughts exactly, I still prefer the 44. I also prefer the way light reflects off the flat 44 ceramic bezel which is very different on the curved 43.
Apologies to multi quote you chaps but would be interested to hear your thoughts a couple of months on.

I’m not a fan of AP on the dial vs Audermars Piguet but I’ve never handled a 44mm, only 42 and 43.
wb55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 February 2022, 07:15 PM   #60
Amateur
Banned

Small wrist here (6.5 in roughly) and absolutely can't go above 42mm for an Offshore which is already too big.
Amateur is offline   Reply With Quote