The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Ω Omega Discussion Forum

Old 26 September 2021, 09:27 AM   #31
watchmavan
"TRF" Member

Watch: Polar 16570
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krash View Post
Omega is closer to Rolex than Tudor is to Omega.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Own and love both brands but yes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
watchmavan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 September 2021, 12:19 PM   #32
wcs2229
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, Omega, Tag
I don't intend to ever buy a Tudor.

I have Rolex and Omega, which is similar quality and engineering to me, but different in design and style. If someday, I can no longer afford to buy Rolex or Omega, then I will just keep my watches and still not buy Tudor.

Regarding Omega 007, there is definitely a price premium of $2K-$3K for James Bond license royalty. The watch itself is not premium quality, with titanium case, aluminum dial, aluminum bezel with fake patina from paint/lacquer (ugh).
wcs2229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 September 2021, 01:45 PM   #33
shaunylw
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac-427 View Post
Tudor, in my opinion, is a Rolex pretender. For that, and many other reasons, I prefer Omega.

I would be more apt to agree that Omega is a Rolex pretender. Tudor typically sell for MSRP both grey and at ADs. omega sells for huge amounts off on the secondary. I’ve never paid even close to MSRP on an omega. 30-40% off minimum.
shaunylw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 September 2021, 05:27 PM   #34
watchmavan
"TRF" Member

Watch: Polar 16570
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaunylw View Post
I would be more apt to agree that Omega is a Rolex pretender. Tudor typically sell for MSRP both grey and at ADs. omega sells for huge amounts off on the secondary. I’ve never paid even close to MSRP on an omega. 30-40% off minimum.

Nothing to say about the actual thread topic?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
watchmavan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 September 2021, 10:13 PM   #35
Kinnakeet
"TRF" Member

Watch: WG Breguet Typexx
My husband has an Omega PO and a Tudor BB 58. We have had other Tudors and Omegas. Handling both the Omega watches are in another class. Even compared to Rolex they are better watches.
Kinnakeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 September 2021, 11:19 PM   #36
Nodzex
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ml91 View Post
Tudor doesn’t compare to Omega
What he said!
Nodzex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 September 2021, 11:53 AM   #37
extrememike
2024 Pledge Member

Don’t buy the brand. Buy the watch…

I do have a wish list consisting of many brands and price points including Tudor and Breitljng. At the end I will be buying the watch the most appeals to me based on the design and how that will fit among the other watches I have. (Assuming if fits my budget of course)

extrememike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 September 2021, 09:27 AM   #38
Dayve
"TRF" Member

Watch: the road....
So, I really appreciate all the input from you experts. I decided to go with my heart and not my head, and got a Tudor 41, Red Bezel and cool distressed strap. I will get an Omega next, love the James Bond editions, will save up for one.

https://www.jomashop.com/tudor-watch-m79230r-0011.html

I guess I took Extrememike's advice........and bought the watch, not the brand.......but I do love Omega.
Dayve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 September 2021, 10:43 AM   #39
DJ2020
"TRF" Member

Watch: 226570
Oh that's so sad. Sorry to hear that. Could of had one of these instead. I'm glad you got the Tudor first. That way you won't be disappointed in it after owning a Omega.

Just poking fun, congratulations on your Tudor and hope you really enjoy it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20210929_204052.jpg (142.2 KB, 211 views)
Rolex 226570, Explorer II Club
DJ2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 September 2021, 10:45 AM   #40
JoseR
"TRF" Member

Watch: Air King, Omega AT
Don't own a Omega at the moment. But been doing some reading and research and leaning towards the Omega Aqua Terra light blue dial on blue leather. Like the Tudor BB58 Blue on nylon strap but I feel the Omega is the better watch from what I've read.. Just my .02..
JoseR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 September 2021, 10:52 AM   #41
Dayve
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseR View Post
Don't own a Omega at the moment. But been doing some reading and research and leaning towards the Omega Aqua Terra light blue dial on blue leather. Like the Tudor BB58 Blue on nylon strap but I feel the Omega is the better watch from what I've read.. Just my .02..
Yeah, the Omega is probably a bit better but it is all in what you want out of a watch. I love the look of the Tudor, and will buy an Omega next year, which is coming up fast.
Old 30 September 2021, 11:01 AM   #42
JoseR
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayve View Post
Yeah, the Omega is probably a bit better but it is all in what you want out of a watch. I love the look of the Tudor, and will buy an Omega next year, which is coming up fast.
I also like the look of the Tudor BB58 but I'm not really a diver watch type, but if I ever decide to get a diver the Tudor would be on my list. That is why I like the Omega AT because it's a diver without the rotating bezel. I prefer a smooth bezel and the AT checks the boxes for me..
Old 30 September 2021, 11:21 AM   #43
Dayve
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseR View Post
I also like the look of the Tudor BB58 but I'm not really a diver watch type, but if I ever decide to get a diver the Tudor would be on my list. That is why I like the Omega AT because it's a diver without the rotating bezel. I prefer a smooth bezel and the AT checks the boxes for me..
Diver looking watches are about all I buy. I don't wear a suit to work, so dress watches are not for me. I like watches that look like the Tudor Black Bays and the Omega Railmaster..........
Old 30 September 2021, 11:31 AM   #44
JoseR
"TRF" Member

The last suit I wore was at my daughter's wedding and that was in 2005, and I'm retired so no going to work for me. I buy what I like just like you and it's all good. We all have different taste and that's what makes things interesting, like they say "different strokes for different folks..

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
Old 30 September 2021, 08:40 PM   #45
1William
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/Others
Congratulations.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 October 2021, 12:07 PM   #46
Greglaw
Banned

Both are great I have had each. Love my no time to die, and could care less what the naysayers think...it is perfect for me and was worth every penny. Tudors I have had were great, too.
Greglaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 October 2021, 12:22 AM   #47
Dayve
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greglaw View Post
Both are great I have had each. Love my no time to die, and could care less what the naysayers think...it is perfect for me and was worth every penny. Tudors I have had were great, too.
Post up some pics of the 007, I really like that watch.
Old 2 October 2021, 12:39 AM   #48
DD58
"TRF" Member

Very intrigued question to ponder. I own both a speedy and a Tudor gmt. I naught them for completely different reasons. The speedy holds a special place in my heart because I have made a few parts that are in space and on Mars. And the Tudor was my first “high end” watch.
As many said before I feel that omega is above Tudor over all on quality and finishing etc. but it’s not like a timex vs a Rolex debate. I feel Tudor will come along way in the coming years and take omegas place in the line up as omega most likely will jump to we’re Rolex is now.

DD58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 October 2021, 11:35 AM   #49
GST15
"TRF" Member

Watch: CHNR/YM/DJ/OP/SUB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinnakeet View Post
My husband has an Omega PO and a Tudor BB 58. We have had other Tudors and Omegas. Handling both the Omega watches are in another class. Even compared to Rolex they are better watches.
GST15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 October 2021, 01:54 PM   #50
iaymnu
"TRF" Member

Watch: Exp II/GMT2c
Quote:

They all handle quite similar.... Your rating scale must be out of wack.

The PO is a top heavy watch if I have to nick pick so with your reasoning it must be in a lower class than other subs. Omega likes to be on the bigger end of sizing, maybe owners prefer it to compensate in “other” areas.
/s

haha i kid i kid

iaymnu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 October 2021, 10:27 AM   #51
Jack T
"TRF" Member

Watch: Several
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ2020 View Post
Omega is in another class anyway you want to look at it. Movements, build quality, bracelets, history, capability and innovation. Omega is much more expensive as well.

Tudor is a great watch I think for the money. On par with Breitling overall. Both brands use 3rd party and in house movements actually from each other. I think Breitlings quality is a wee better, but most are large and not everyone likes them

Where as Tudor has better sizing for most people. Tudor and Breitling are great brands and like them both very much.

But not in the same class as Omega. Actually having owned many from Omega and Rolex, my money is spent on Omega. I don't do hype, resale or herd following. I want the best most capable watch I can wear everyday in water, sand, vibrations, impacts and extremely high resistance to magnetism and keeping flawless time, That's a Omega, thats the only brand I buy now after 40 years of wearing watches.
I don’t have first hand experience with Tudor, but as respects Omega quality, movements and design, I have to agree with you. My Planet Ocean 2500 is a fantastic timepiece, even 12 years later. The Aqua Terra and Railmaster are both great lines, just wish the Seamaster 300 was about 2-3 mm smaller. But itself is as solid a dive watch as there is.
Old 3 October 2021, 10:49 AM   #52
Jack T
"TRF" Member

Watch: Several
Quote:
Handling both the Omega watches are in another class. Even compared to Rolex they are better watches.
I really like the Omega lines, but I wouldn’t quite say that!
Old 16 October 2021, 12:54 AM   #53
extrememike
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack T View Post
I really like the Omega lines, but I wouldn’t quite say that!

X2

extrememike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 October 2021, 11:44 AM   #54
Krash
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Sub, DJ41, GMT
I just bought a blue dial Seamaster 300.

They had a blue Tudor Black Bay 58 in the display case. I was surprised because I thought they were hard to get.

I tried both on, looked them over very closely, and honestly, it was no contest. The Tudor was cheaper of course, but the Seamaster was my choice and it wasn't even close.
Krash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 October 2021, 01:47 PM   #55
7enderbender
"TRF" Member

If I could have only one nice watch it would be an Omega. And yes there are some really nice Tudors. And yes I just said this on a Rolex forum.
7enderbender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 October 2021, 02:25 PM   #56
SilverStar
"TRF" Member

I am new to this hobby. I currently own 1 Rolex, 2 Tudors, 1 Omega, 1 Longines and 1 Tag. I keep it very simple, only buying watches I like regardless of the brand, hype or cost. I don't care what others think because I bought them for me. I do the same thing with cars (yes at one point I did own a Saab) and beer. We all know something being more expensive does not always make it better, all that matters is that you like it. The real question you should ask yourself is - Which watch do you like better? BTW I also own a G-Shock and I really do like it. My go to watch depends on what I doing but mostly they get equal time.
SilverStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 October 2021, 11:02 PM   #57
Nodzex
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverStar View Post
I am new to this hobby. I currently own 1 Rolex, 2 Tudors, 1 Omega, 1 Longines and 1 Tag. I keep it very simple, only buying watches I like regardless of the brand, hype or cost. I don't care what others think because I bought them for me. I do the same thing with cars (yes at one point I did own a Saab) and beer. We all know something being more expensive does not always make it better, all that matters is that you like it. The real question you should ask yourself is - Which watch do you like better? BTW I also own a G-Shock and I really do like it. My go to watch depends on what I doing but mostly they get equal time.
And that’s all that matters!
Nodzex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 October 2021, 03:15 AM   #58
Jmaster
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayve View Post
So, I really appreciate all the input from you experts. I decided to go with my heart and not my head, and got a Tudor 41, Red Bezel and cool distressed strap. I will get an Omega next, love the James Bond editions, will save up for one.

https://www.jomashop.com/tudor-watch-m79230r-0011.html

I guess I took Extrememike's advice........and bought the watch, not the brand.......but I do love Omega.
Don’t mean to hijack your tread but how was the buying experience with Jomashop? Is there any added fees beyond what’s listed here? Also curious why not buy from an AD?
Old 17 October 2021, 04:03 AM   #59
EdwardC
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Pierce View Post
Buy what you like. Don't be bothered by unimportant brand position pissing contests. No reason to complicate the hobby w/ unnecessary baggage.
dP
I think this resonates with me the most. With the money we are spending I don't think we need people or media to tell us what's good or not. Use your judgment and buy what speaks to you with your own criteria. I don't care if it's a casio, an Oris, a VC or some microband. You like it, you can afford it without selling a kidney, you buy it and enjoy it.
EdwardC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 October 2021, 05:30 AM   #60
Euge
"TRF" Member

Watch: All Watches
Omega is by far a better watch brand than Tudor IMHO….as a matter of fact I think it should be compared to Rolex not Tudor.

Euge is offline   Reply With Quote