The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Ω Omega Discussion Forum

Old 2 November 2020, 11:05 AM   #91
Phooi
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wlchuccc View Post
It's not the same as the CK blue. It looks a bit darker. It is better to see it in person. I was also wondering about the blue when I saw it in picture. But now I must say I like this blue, it's quite vibrant
Thank you! We would all love to see it person In most photos so far, the blue looks very light, almost a bright blue (if that makes any sense).
Phooi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 November 2020, 11:08 AM   #92
greengold
Banned

Quote:
believe what Robert Jan has said, it won't be less than 5000 pieces. However, I was told we should not expect many this year. I have no idea about the number for the first batch. The only news is that the first batch should be available to us next week or before the 10th nov, hope this helps
Makes sense i'm figuring it will be similar numbers to the Apollo 11 50th around 10000 but I think the demand for this is higher
greengold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 November 2020, 08:42 PM   #93
mmaggi
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16710
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringhio View Post
mmaggi, you have another option, if you really want to get a Snoopy get in contact with a OB in Europe, lists were officially open till few days ago, and probably they are still taking names.
In Europe you can get on the official list even without deposit, although I would recommend giving the 20%.
Well I contacted the Omega Boutique in Milano. Their reply was no probelm to be put on a waiting list even if they don't know how many they will receive or when.

The problem is they said they don't ship internationally for LE or SE watches (In-person or mail to Italy sales only). Would've been nice because that way you avoid the VAT which would've amounted to $2k in savings.
mmaggi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 November 2020, 10:29 PM   #94
Ringhio
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmaggi View Post
Well I contacted the Omega Boutique in Milano. Their reply was no probelm to be put on a waiting list even if they don't know how many they will receive or when.

The problem is they said they don't ship internationally for LE or SE watches (In-person or mail to Italy sales only). Would've been nice because that way you avoid the VAT which would've amounted to $2k in savings.
The fact that they don’t ship is a bummer!

Regarding the VAT, with the shipment you will be charged your state taxes.
Ringhio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 November 2020, 12:55 AM   #95
gregouille
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Then it's a great way to spend few days in Milano !
gregouille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 November 2020, 01:07 AM   #96
wlchuccc
"TRF" Member

Icon12

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregouille View Post
Only if you allow to go there now, especially from Paris
wlchuccc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 November 2020, 02:47 AM   #97
mmaggi
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregouille View Post
True but unless we get this virus under control, no one will be traveling anytime soon. At least I won't. I don't think Italy is allowing anyone from the USA and vice-versa. Sad times we're living in.
Old 3 November 2020, 04:01 AM   #98
Ringhio
"TRF" Member

Quote:
True but unless we get this virus under control, no one will be traveling anytime soon. At least I won't. I don't think Italy is allowing anyone from the USA and vice-versa. Sad times we're living in.
Unless you are Italian citizen ;)

I was considering going... but, I actually believe I'm better positioned in here.
In Italy there are very few OB, and I think they are not going to receive many pieces.
Old 3 November 2020, 04:38 AM   #99
wlchuccc
"TRF" Member

Quote:

I was considering going... but, I actually believe I'm better positioned in here.
In Italy there are very few OB, and I think they are not going to receive many pieces.
do not think that they will allocate any to any non-regular clients in the first batch...I believe it is really rare to get one this year due to the current situation in Europe!
wlchuccc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 November 2020, 04:41 AM   #100
Ringhio
"TRF" Member

Quote:
do not think that they will allocate any to any non-regular clients in the first batch...I believe it is really rare to get one this year due to the current situation in Europe!
Yes, that's the feeling I have too. We will see how many they allocate in the next 3 months. I bet they will have limited pieces as well.
Old 3 November 2020, 06:04 AM   #101
Stevec14
"TRF" Member

Watch: 321, Snoopy 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by greengold View Post
Makes sense i'm figuring it will be similar numbers to the Apollo 11 50th around 10000 but I think the demand for this is higher

There were 7k Apollo’s. Not sure the demand will be any higher as they are very different watches but they’ll certainly sell them based on what is read on forums etc. The proof will come when punters actually have to shell out the £8k I guess.

7000 makes a bit of sense as while that was initially seen as too much for the A11, they’ve all sold more or less.

I can’t wait to see one. I think the blue looks nice and vibrant in the light but dark in low light.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Stevec14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 November 2020, 06:54 AM   #102
mmaggi
"TRF" Member

Quote:

I have plenty of family there including a twin brother. For as long as I can remember, Italians are in LOVE with Rolex and could care less about Omega. So you're probably right that they will not be allocated many in Italy.
Old 3 November 2020, 07:32 AM   #103
Bosscheto
"TRF" Member

Doest the Tourbillon boutique counts as Omega Boutique or it is an AD. Because both Tourbillon and Omega are owned by the Swatch group, right?
Bosscheto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 November 2020, 08:57 AM   #104
Ringhio
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I have plenty of family there including a twin brother. For as long as I can remember, Italians are in LOVE with Rolex and could care less about Omega. So you're probably right that they will not be allocated many in Italy.
There is some request, but you are right is not like in the US at the moment.
In terms of allocation nobody knows. In general the pieces are limited as we all know.
You could try and if you get one your brother can pick it up.
The only tricky part is with the VAT, you have either the choice of going (I believe within 90 days from the purchase) or your brother will need to ship it over.
Shipping the goods over, you will get taxes in your state.
So, not much in terms of saving money... but you will get the watch!
Old 6 November 2020, 11:09 AM   #105
nr1416
"TRF" Member

This post needs some pics.....came across this pic of the Snoopy on the Facebook group. Probably one of the better real world pics of the Snoopy yet.

Sent from my SM-G975W using Tapatalk
nr1416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 November 2020, 11:14 AM   #106
alpharulez
"TRF" Member

Watch: Assorted!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nr1416 View Post
This post needs some pics.....came across this pic of the Snoopy on the Facebook group. Probably one of the better real world pics of the Snoopy yet.

That is a thick watch!

Waiting patiently through Day 1 of lockdown to get my hands on it!!!

That said...

‘One day Omega will release an limited edition ultralight smaller wrist compatible thinner than a burger Speedmaster professional Moonwatch special edition!’

... stops dreaming and wakes up!

alpharulez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 November 2020, 01:04 PM   #107
bonovox
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: your time
Can't wait!
bonovox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 November 2020, 01:08 PM   #108
Ringhio
"TRF" Member

more pics and review
https://deployant.com/photo-essay-th...h-anniversary/
Old 6 November 2020, 02:32 PM   #109
Rollieo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Thanks for sharing. Always nice to read another article about the Snoopy 50. Someone needs to correct their typo where they call the 321 caliber the 361 though... haha
Rollieo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 November 2020, 02:33 PM   #110
Rollieo
"TRF" Member

Here’s another great article, interview from Omegas CEO himself

https://www.revolution.watch/in-conv...omega-watches/
Old 7 November 2020, 12:04 AM   #111
greengold
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollieo View Post
Here’s another great article, interview from Omegas CEO himself

https://www.revolution.watch/in-conv...omega-watches/
Interesting he says

"We are Omega, we don’t like to exclude people as some others do. We want those who dream about it to be able to get it eventually. This will be a model we will continue to make, but never in huge quantities and without any time limitation. It will be a limited production every year.

We already know it will be a very popular watch, and so, we will make precisely the quantities that we had planned, which will not be a lot."

Basically he is admitting it will be similar model to say the green sub in limited production with demand outstripping supply is how I read that
greengold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 November 2020, 03:16 AM   #112
mmaggi
"TRF" Member

What I'm reading is they will meet their planned production number. That doesn't mean that everyone who wants one will get one.

As I've said after I spoke to an AD last Saturday: My chances at getting one are not good. I don't expect to get a call from any Omega Boutique. But if I do it will be a welcome surprise.
Old 7 November 2020, 03:36 AM   #113
Ringhio
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by greengold View Post
Interesting he says

"We are Omega, we don’t like to exclude people as some others do. We want those who dream about it to be able to get it eventually. This will be a model we will continue to make, but never in huge quantities and without any time limitation. It will be a limited production every year.

We already know it will be a very popular watch, and so, we will make precisely the quantities that we had planned, which will not be a lot."

Basically he is admitting it will be similar model to say the green sub in limited production with demand outstripping supply is how I read that
He confirmed everything we have been saying for the past 3 weeks:
Limited rate of production
It will be hard to get (but not completely impossible... so you basically have a chance if you are willing to wait few years)
Discouraging of the flippers
Building the trust and relation with the Boutique

We started saying they were going full force Rolex business model one month ago, maybe before. The Omega system with the deposits and official list is a bit better, but overall we are very close to Rolex hot steel references.
Old 7 November 2020, 04:00 AM   #114
texasmade
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP RO 15400, FOIS
Except it's less games with the OB right now. Everyone that paid a full deposit for a 321 or Snoopy will get one. It's the people who haven't paid yet who are questionable at the moment.
texasmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 November 2020, 04:09 AM   #115
Ringhio
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasmade View Post
Except it's less games with the OB right now. Everyone that paid a full deposit for a 321 or Snoopy will get one. It's the people who haven't paid yet who are questionable at the moment.
yes, I totally agree. This is what makes it a bit better.
Then how a person will move up or down the list that is completely at OB discretion; so the timing of getting a reference will be related to the "history" with the boutique, etc...
This will open the door to Rolex AD like games.
But overall the Omega process is slightly more fair.
Old 7 November 2020, 04:28 AM   #116
mmaggi
"TRF" Member

Quote:
But overall the Omega process is slightly more fair.
Key word: Slightly. But I totally understand why.
Old 7 November 2020, 01:55 PM   #117
Rollieo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Key word: Slightly. But I totally understand why.

I know it sucks to have missed the boat, and if I did I wouldn’t be too happy about the limited availability and unlikelihood about getting the watch.

With that said, and I’ve said it in other posts, I think any super fan knew this watch was coming and could’ve put a deposit down at an OB before Oct 5, or even on Oct 5. I’ve been waiting for the Snoopy 50 for over a year, actually almost 2 years. After the 45th, we knew Omega would release a 50th. And in April, Omega basically announced they would release it on Oct 5. I’ve been asking ADs and OBs about it for over a year, and once they could start taking deposits I put one down (which was back in May). No previous relationship with that OB, other than expressing my significant interest for this watch and chatting it up with them.

OBs closed deposits on Oct 6. So even if you heard about the release on Oct 5 and you called an OB that day, they would’ve taken your deposit and you would’ve been guaranteed a watch.

So with all that said, I can understand the frustration now that the ship has sailed. But anyone, even if you had no relationship or it’s your first omega or even first luxury watch, you could’ve gotten it. And this way, they have a watch that doesn’t diminish in value. No one wants to overpay or buy something that gets resold for pennies on the dollar.

So to me, kudos to Omega. This is exactly how to do it. There’s always the Snoopy 55....

Old 7 November 2020, 02:47 PM   #118
Maverick82
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I know it sucks to have missed the boat, and if I did I wouldn’t be too happy about the limited availability and unlikelihood about getting the watch.

With that said, and I’ve said it in other posts, I think any super fan knew this watch was coming and could’ve put a deposit down at an OB before Oct 5, or even on Oct 5. I’ve been waiting for the Snoopy 50 for over a year, actually almost 2 years. After the 45th, we knew Omega would release a 50th. And in April, Omega basically announced they would release it on Oct 5. I’ve been asking ADs and OBs about it for over a year, and once they could start taking deposits I put one down (which was back in May). No previous relationship with that OB, other than expressing my significant interest for this watch and chatting it up with them.

OBs closed deposits on Oct 6. So even if you heard about the release on Oct 5 and you called an OB that day, they would’ve taken your deposit and you would’ve been guaranteed a watch.

So with all that said, I can understand the frustration now that the ship has sailed. But anyone, even if you had no relationship or it’s your first omega or even first luxury watch, you could’ve gotten it. And this way, they have a watch that doesn’t diminish in value. No one wants to overpay or buy something that gets resold for pennies on the dollar.

So to me, kudos to Omega. This is exactly how to do it. There’s always the Snoopy 55....

Well said, totally agreed.
Maverick82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 November 2020, 06:48 PM   #119
Stevec14
"TRF" Member

Watch: 321, Snoopy 3
Quote:

I still think others will be able to get one. The fact this is not a LE will put some off when it comes to ponying up the rest of the money when the watch arrives. This is not a 321 or a Kermit and while I’m fairly sure you won’t see these in windows it’s debatable how much demand there will be after a couple of years when no doubt the next big thing will be out.

But you are right, there was ample opportunity to get one. To put a different perspective on it, my AD (part of a big chain) had only 3 people on the list and none of them with deposits (I am one of them). If I want to put £4k down, I am secured the first watch.

So it’s still possible depending on location to get yourself involved.
Stevec14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 November 2020, 12:06 AM   #120
nr1416
"TRF" Member

I think availability is depending on your location. I know in Canada you could still secure one with a $5k deposit as of a 10 days ago last I heard.

The biggest driving factor in a of this will be the grey prices after watches start getting delivered. If flippers see you can make a few thousand bucks getting one, they will be hounding ADs for them. If grey prices are at mrsp or slightly below people will drop off the list for them like flies. Lots of speculators out there for every thing....watches, shoes, art, cars. That's just the name of the game sadly.

nr1416 is offline   Reply With Quote