The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 17 March 2016, 07:05 AM   #31
Lordofrolex
"TRF" Member

Watch: Yes Please!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Etschell View Post
netjets if you can afford it.

jetblue in the us. id say delta but i cant stand atlanta's airport.

emirates outside the us.
Almost agree but i also like Virgin in the US.

Follow me on Instagram: @b_jakobovich
Lordofrolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 March 2016, 07:26 AM   #32
rr-nyc
Liar & Ratbag

Watch: Rolex Daytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by wantonebad View Post
I agree Ed, I fly JetBlue because of price and destination convenience. All US airways suck on some level and unless you're flying first class there is very limited customer service or consideration. People in the US traded service for price a long time ago and the truth is we complain anyway so price is of paramount importance to the masses.

For whoever mentioned hating Atlanta's airport I'm with ya brother! I swear if anyone dies on the Eastcoast their spirit gets routed through Hartsfield–Jackson and no matter where their final destination they are delayed...

ATL is by far the worst airport in every regard but then again, every airport that uses a central terminal to then shuttle every passenger through a single train line sucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rr-nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 March 2016, 03:49 PM   #33
zama
"TRF" Member

Watch: 4 Broken glass
I travel a lot and I am not sure there is one standout feature and your membership status also helps.

Our first class lounges with Qantas International are some of the best on the planet as is there service these days and having never had a fatality they have great history.

International my best experiences are Emirates, Qantas, Singapore and Etihad. Domestic in the US is to be fair a bus ride at all levels, I probably agree Delta is the best of a "cost driven bunch."

Singapore is great service but increasingly old planes and their lounges are tired IMHO. Emirates is unquestionably the best economy service, I have had meals that rival business class. Europe I would probably go with the lufthansa call, British in coach is bad their business and first is good.
zama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 March 2016, 03:56 PM   #34
BNA/LION
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: ROLEX
Best Airline

Emirates Because their gals no how to dribble...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YN_eu8Jk50o

✦ 28238 President DD 18K/YG ✦ 16610LN SS Sub ✦ 16613 18K/SS Serti ✦ 16550 Exp II Non-Rail Cream Dial ✦ Daytona C 116500 ✦ 126710 BLRO GMT-Master II ✦ NEXT-->?
Hole In One! 10/3/19 DMCC 5th hole, par 3, 168 yards w/ 4-Iron.
BNA/LION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 March 2016, 04:37 PM   #35
Abdullah71601
Banned

Watch: ing da Bears
Quote:
Originally Posted by rr-nyc View Post
ATL is by far the worst airport in every regard but then again, every airport that uses a central terminal to then shuttle every passenger through a single train line sucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Worse than Dulles?
Abdullah71601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 March 2016, 04:51 PM   #36
zama
"TRF" Member

Watch: 4 Broken glass
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abdullah71601 View Post
Worse than Dulles?
I love the USA and many things that are done well, airports not being one of them. Airports across Asia and Europe are immeasurably better, US airports were never good and 9/11 destroyed them forever, so many time I have lined up for over an hour (1/2 mile long line) to get back into the domestic airport after leaving Tom Bradley.

Not to mention the time I had an M-16 stuck in my face by a young military person...... and yes I was in the right....... but apparently M16 says no!
zama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 March 2016, 11:25 PM   #37
rr-nyc
Liar & Ratbag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abdullah71601 View Post
Worse than Dulles?
IMO, yes.

I think the best airport in the US is Detroit Metro
Old 18 March 2016, 11:46 PM   #38
cdmorenot
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex & Omega
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewbacca View Post
Air Koryo
lol
Old 19 March 2016, 02:19 AM   #39
Angrypuppy
"TRF" Member

Jetblue pays me twice a month so I'll go with them.
Old 19 March 2016, 04:34 AM   #40
Kingair
"TRF" Member

Watch: Not enough ;-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrypuppy View Post
Jetblue pays me twice a month so I'll go with them.
Than I need to change to Jet Blue urgently 😉

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
Kingair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 March 2016, 01:06 PM   #41
USALV
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star Ferry View Post
I don't think the base level of economy class service is that good at any airline, at least without status. Fop top carriers like Singapore, Emirates and Cathay, I have tried economy class and been disappointed.

Within the USA: I think Delta is the best. Nice lounges, good service. I've heard the frequent flyer program is weak, but generally I am willing to pay for business class and am not looking for freebies.

In Europe: both Lufthansa and SWISS are a cut above, in my humble opinion, mostly due to high service standards. I've heard Turkish is great but have never had a chance to try it.

In Asia: There are a lot of great ones. Even Malaysia Air is ranked in the top 25 by skytrax, 20 places above Delta and about 50 places above American. Favorites are Korean Air and ANA. The Korean and Japanese style of service is best for me.
In Europe: what about air France?! I was thinking about fly from USA TO Paris on them .
USALV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 March 2016, 01:08 PM   #42
Kingair
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by USALV View Post
In Europe: what about air France?! I was thinking about fly from USA TO Paris on them .
They are ok

Better than KLM or Delta if you ask me although they work together

KLM still used to fly with a 747 until a few month ago . . . .
Old 19 March 2016, 01:15 PM   #43
rr-nyc
Liar & Ratbag

Quote:
I fly air France whenever going to or through Paris. Good airline but just not the best. I think they treat Delta's medallion members better than Delta does.
Old 19 March 2016, 01:40 PM   #44
teqp
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116613LN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingair View Post
They are ok

Better than KLM or Delta if you ask me although they work together

KLM still used to fly with a 747 until a few month ago . . . .
KLM still flies their 747s. I was on one last Friday.

Air France is nice on the A380.
teqp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 March 2016, 01:54 PM   #45
Kingair
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by teqp View Post
KLM still flies their 747s. I was on one last Friday.

Air France is nice on the A380.
Correct my mistake

It's Air France what retired their 747 fleet in January !

KLM still uses the 747

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
Old 19 March 2016, 02:00 PM   #46
cdnwatchguy
"TRF" Member

The cheapest.
Old 19 March 2016, 02:27 PM   #47
Laszlo

Watch: Date & No Date
The best airlines I've flown are KLM, Emirates, Virgin America, Air Canada, JetBlue and Southwest. The others out there are good transportation.

Paul Henreid as Victor Laszlo in Casablanca
Laszlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 March 2016, 02:43 PM   #48
Star Ferry
Banned

Quote:
Air France is not a bad airline at all - in the USA they would be best of the bunch. Their biggest challenge is that there are so many good airlines in the region, but for a long haul from USA to Paris I think you are right in choosing them
Star Ferry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 March 2016, 03:36 PM   #49
Fjweld
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16570, 1601,
Since I'm global services I'm going to have to say United. Air travel in the US is not great but sine Mr Munoz has been named CEO (although his health problems have had his absent for a great while) United has stepped up their service even with their regional services. Remember, all delays are usually for a reason so just go with it and don't stress yourself out!!! They want you out just as bad as you want to leave too!
Fjweld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 March 2016, 03:53 PM   #50
Andad

Watch: A few.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVTCGuy View Post
I am a Platinum on AA, which means I fly on them almost exclusively. All the perks that entails make flying bearable, the few times I flew without priority on other airlines I ended up wanting to take a train.
We are Unobtanium on Jetstar over here - only way to fly.......

Andad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 March 2016, 04:25 PM   #51
Andy0331

Domestically, I pretty much hate them all, although I typically fly AA. Regardless, First class in the US is barely superior to economy on many foreign airlines. It bugs me that I can get booked in first & have 80% lay flat seats on a 45 min flight from Miami to Orlando, but going from Orlando to LAX frequently, I haven't scored one yet. Not to mention when they put outlets at the seat as an "upgrade", but no USB ports. Maybe I just get bad luck on old airframes?

Internationally, most of my travels are to Asia & Cathay Pacific is my favorite, with Singapore following in second. I've seen the propaganda about the upgrades to Business class coming to Singapore & they look very nice.

To the Middle East, I've been happy with Eithad & Emirates. Turkish airlines was consistently good too. I much preferred Abu Dhabi to Dubai, although I haven't flown there in about 4 years.

To Europe, I've really only flown Lufthansa & Singapore airlines recently and both are good.
Andy0331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 March 2016, 09:08 AM   #52
MitchSteel
"TRF" Member

Watch: Vintage Rolex
Whichever will give me a standby seat

Probability of survival is inversely proportional to the angle of arrival---Capt. Rage

Don't believe anything in aviation, 'till V1---Mitch Danger Steel
MitchSteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 March 2016, 02:44 AM   #53
cdbeaver66
"TRF" Member

Have been to Dubai the last two years and Emirates service was outstanding
1. Breitling Colt Chronograph 2. Melbourne Watch Company Portsea 3. Tudor Black Bay ETA Blue 4.Rolex GMT Master IIc LN 5. Tudor Heritage Ranger 6. Tudor Pelagos LHD 7. Tudor Black Bay Bronze Bucherer Blue Edition 8. Tudor Black Bay GMT 9. Tudor Black Bay Harrods

Instagram: mykicksandticks
cdbeaver66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 March 2016, 03:49 AM   #54
mrricks
"TRF" Member

Watch: Yachtmaster
Etihad and Emirates.

I think they are government subsidized to show the flag around the world. You get a lot more for your Dirham than on other airlines, bigger seat, more leg room, good food, and great overall service. I like the nonstop from Abu Dhabi to New York, Get to avoid Heathrow where there is always someone on strike which screws up connections and causes delays. One time the catering services were on strike, so there was no food or even water for the 7 hour flight to NYC.

The worst flight I was on was a local Russian, Soviet era airline where 350 lb Olga the stewardess served the food by pulling half cooked chicken parts out of a trash bag and throwing them to the passengers. Think of feeding the alligators at the zoo.

Then there was the flight from Puno to Cuzco, Peru where the aircraft had a maximum ceiling of 12,000 feet and was taking off from the 14,000 ft. airport. When the engines were started, there was a worker standing under the engines with fire extinguishers at the ready. I felt safer then.

During the Haj in Jeddah a flight came in on fire. The passengers had set up charcoal braziers in the aisle to cook they goats, with predictable results. The fire and rescue squad couldn't respond to the fire until they got permission from the governor of the province, a prince. By the time he was located in Paris, it was too late to save the plane.

A lot third world airlines allow people to carry their farm animals in the cabin. So, you have goats, sheep, chickens and even a water buffalo on board (in Laos). These beasts are difficult to get a seat belt on. Because the crew never knows how many human passengers will be on board, they don't bolt down the seats, so they take them on and off easily according to the human/animal manifest. So, with the plane's vibrations, the seats move around all over, kind of like bumper cars at 10,000 feet.
mrricks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 March 2016, 09:07 AM   #55
CRM114
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMTs,1803, 16610LV
Quote:
Originally Posted by zama View Post
I travel a lot and I am not sure there is one standout feature and your membership status also helps.

Our first class lounges with Qantas International are some of the best on the planet as is there service these days and having never had a fatality they have great history.

International my best experiences are Emirates, Qantas, Singapore and Etihad. Domestic in the US is to be fair a bus ride at all levels, I probably agree Delta is the best of a "cost driven bunch."

Singapore is great service but increasingly old planes and their lounges are tired IMHO. Emirates is unquestionably the best economy service, I have had meals that rival business class. Europe I would probably go with the lufthansa call, British in coach is bad their business and first is good.
Qantas mentioned in a "Best Airlines" list where service is a criteria? Too funny! They don't need to have any fatal accidents, they do just fine killing every passenger's soul by force-feeding them @%$& sandwiches from the moment they arrive to check-in until disgorging them at the other end. Qantas is ground zero for the Zombie Apocalypse.
CRM114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 March 2016, 10:28 AM   #56
texex91
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRM114 View Post
Qantas mentioned in a "Best Airlines" list where service is a criteria? Too funny! They don't need to have any fatal accidents, they do just fine killing every passenger's soul by force-feeding them @%$& sandwiches from the moment they arrive to check-in until disgorging them at the other end. Qantas is ground zero for the Zombie Apocalypse.
You obviously haven't flown United or AA--deplorable airlines (7 years Platinum on both), even in Biz or First--I can't imagine what economy is like.

I gave up flying both years ago.
texex91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 March 2016, 10:44 AM   #57
bradj
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610LN 116613LB
Southwest in CONUS if you don't mind not have first class options. I've had the companion pass for 4 years and there is hands down no better airline perk.

Wife flies for free anytime I fly, even if I'm flying on a points ticket.
bradj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 March 2016, 10:47 AM   #58
Star Ferry
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by texex91 View Post
You obviously haven't flown United or AA--deplorable airlines (7 years Platinum on both), even in Biz or First--I can't imagine what economy is like.

Agreed.. United and AA are truly disgraceful. Qantas is surely better.
Star Ferry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 March 2016, 05:32 PM   #59
CRM114
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMTs,1803, 16610LV
Quote:
Originally Posted by texex91 View Post

And United or AA is relevant...how? Well, as relevant as Qantas is on a "Best Airline" list, I suppose. Congrats on your United and AA Platinum stuff. However, 30 years of traveling/commuting all over he world based in the U.S and then as a long-time expat on just about every major airline you can name, domestic and foreign, to fly airplanes where the service doesn't ever suck allows me to form my own professional opinion on who/what does. All airlines do, it's just a matter of degree. Qantas is one I've had the misfortune to fly enough to avoid like the plague.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star Ferry View Post
Agreed.. United and AA are truly disgraceful. Qantas is surely better.
Qantas occupies exactly the same bus-quality service tier as the United and AAs of the world, except they just do it on a small-fry scale.
CRM114 is offline   Reply With Quote